My P4P List

lukeviacoolhand

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I know it's been done to death, but I'm bored. So here is my top 10 to be dissected by those in the know.

1) PBF - best in the biz
2) Manny - to me he is interchangeable with JMM but he is more explosive and is a star
3) JMM - I was looking at his record and out of his 4 losses, many consider 3 of them to be wins (Manny x2, John). I say 3 because I don't know enough about the Norwood loss.
4) Cotto - one bad rican. Put him 4 because he is still getting better while many others on this list have peaked.
5) Calzaghe - never liked the guy, but can't deny his talent
6) Vazquez - smaller Chavez
7) Hopkins - even though I have him ranked lower, I think he wins the fight with Calzaghe
8) Marquez - excellent boxer/puncher who lost to a slightly better fighter in Vazquez
9) Pavlik - like Cotto, Pavlik is still improving. Have to admire the way he never backs up
10) Haye - hope his transition to HW is a good one. He is entertaining as all hell to watch

have at it

Chris John fight in my eyes is more of a defining loss than against Pacquiao and Norwood. Blame Marquez though. He was sitting waiting to counter while John tried to keep him at the end of his punches. It was a lack luster fight.

Chris John fight in my eyes is more of a defining loss than against Pacquiao and Norwood. Blame Marquez though. He was sitting waiting to counter while John tried to keep him at the end of his punches. It was a lack luster fight.

Not the greatest fight, but I still think JMM won.

1. PBF
2. Calzaghe
3. Pacman
4. JMM
5. B-Hop
6. Vazquez
7. Pavlik
8. Cotto
9. Marquez
10. Hatton/ RJJ

I have to have Mayweather and Calzaghe at the top as they look the most invincible too me. I rank them both above Pacman as he is so wild he has more chance of losing when coming up against a power puncher than the other two.
JMM and B-Hop are like the 2nd best in their general weight range behind Pac and Joe although both are past their prime.
Vazquez Ring Champion at #6
Pavlik another ring champion at number 7 and have to rank him above Cotto as unlike Miguel he is top of his division.
8. Cotto still not completly sold on the guy think some of it may be hype.
Marquez at 9 again like 4+5 he is 2nd behind the main man in his divison.
10. RJJ and Hatton, Think people are writing Ricky off after the PBF because they don't understand how dominate he is and expect Hatton to bounce back in a big way against Witter. Give RJJ a mention because he is an all-time great and may be re-emerging!

1. PBF
2. Manny Pacquiao - Even if you feel he deserves a loss in a close fight, his competition is more stiff than most fighters. Maybe even PBF. I mean even his tune up fights are against dangerous opponents.
3. Cotto - I am personally impressed with his performances against Judah and Mosley. However, I could move him down to number 5.
4. B-Hop - he is aging and hasn't fought much. Have to bump him down.
5. Calzaghe - impressive performances against Lacy and Kessler. But lets be honest. Lacy is overrated and calzaghe isn't always consistent with his fights. That is why B-Hop is ahead of him. I'll give him credit for the Kessler performance.
6. JMM - Well, showing up for one fight doesn't make up for poor performances in the past. Wouldn't even be on the top ten if he didn't give a spirited effort against pacquiao.
7. Vazquez - My boy is moving on to bigger and better things.
8. Pavlik - sensational year in 07 for him.
9. David Haye - Even though he can fight O'Neil Bell and Cunningham (a fight I don't care for), he owns the division. Best of luck in the heavyweight division.
10. Ivan Calderon... No, I really have Rafael Marquez, but need to show some love to the mini fighters. The guy is a neat fighter. Just can't kill flies with his punches. He held the WBO title for 6 years now.

I'll be honest. If Pacquiao straight wrecked Marquez I would put him in the number 1 spot.

he has been very dominate in his class

By beating an overhyped, overprotected Frank Warren fighter and being knocked down in the 4th and rallying to win by kayo against a very good J M-M. That sounds like top 10 p4p to me.... :rolleyes:

Edit: Oh yea, being knocked out by Carl Thompson helps too.

By beating an overhyped, overprotected Frank Warren fighter and being knocked down in the 4th and rallying to win by kayo against a very good J M-M. That sounds like top 10 p4p to me.... :rolleyes:

I like watching Haye fight, which may factor in to my ranking him 10. But, if he's not top 10 he's damn close.

1. PBF
2. Calzaghe
3. Pacman
4. JMM
5. B-Hop
6. Vazquez
7. Pavlik
8. Cotto
9. Marquez
10. Hatton/ RJJ

I have to have Mayweather and Calzaghe at the top as they look the most invincible too me. I rank them both above Pacman as he is so wild he has more chance of losing when coming up against a power puncher than the other two.
JMM and B-Hop are like the 2nd best in their general weight range behind Pac and Joe although both are past their prime.
Vazquez Ring Champion at #6
Pavlik another ring champion at number 7 and have to rank him above Cotto as unlike Miguel he is top of his division.
8. Cotto still not completly sold on the guy think some of it may be hype.
Marquez at 9 again like 4+5 he is 2nd behind the main man in his divison.
10. RJJ and Hatton, Think people are writing Ricky off after the PBF because they don't understand how dominate he is and expect Hatton to bounce back in a big way against Witter. Give RJJ a mention because he is an all-time great and may be re-emerging!

did you hear something about them fighting?

I know it's been done to death, but I'm bored. So here is my top 10 to be dissected by those in the know.

1) PBF - best in the biz
2) Manny - to me he is interchangeable with JMM but he is more explosive and is a star
3) JMM - I was looking at his record and out of his 4 losses, many consider 3 of them to be wins (Manny x2, John). I say 3 because I don't know enough about the Norwood loss.
4) Cotto - one bad rican. Put him 4 because he is still getting better while many others on this list have peaked.
7) Hopkins - even though I have him ranked lower, I think he wins the fight with Calzaghe
8) Marquez - excellent boxer/puncher who lost to a slightly better fighter in Vazquez
9) Pavlik - like Cotto, Pavlik is still improving. Have to admire the way he never backs up
10) Haye - hope his transition to HW is a good one. He is entertaining as all hell to watch

have at it

1.calzaghe(simple because he fought the best in his division and is stepping up too)
2.floyd(he has done nothing to merit no.1 in my eyes,hes a welterweight and avoiding the divisions best)
3.pacman
4.pavlik
5.vasquez/jmm cant splite em really
6.haye
7.hopkins
8.chris john
9.hatton
10.klitchko

1.calzaghe(simple because he fought the best in his division and is stepping up too)
2.floyd(he has done nothing to merit no.1 in my eyes,hes a welterweight and avoiding the divisions best)
3.pacman
4.pavlik
5.vasquez/jmm cant splite em really
6.haye
7.hopkins
8.chris john
9.hatton
10.klitchko

Floyd isn't avoiding the the divisions best >_< and Chris John? :icon_conf for? his victory against JMM?And I'm going to ignore that you put Haye over Bhop >_<

Floyd's competition has been tougher than that of Calzaghe's.

God save our gracious Queen
Long live our noble Queen,
God save the Queen:
Send her victorious,
Happy and glorious,
Long to reign over us:
God save the Queen.

O Lord, our God, arise,
Scatter thine enemies,
And make them fall:
Confound their politics,
Frustrate their knavish tricks,
On thee our hopes we fix:
God save us all.

Thy choicest gifts in store,
On her be pleased to pour;
Long may she reign:
May she defend our laws,
And ever give us cause
To sing with heart and voice
God save the Queen.

1) PBF - best in the biz

have at it

Pretty good list. But David Haye in the top 10? Not a chance, he is super fun to watch but lets not get carried away here.

Not sure that Haye is a top 10 guy right now. Maybe down the line, but not now.

Back