My P4P list ignoring 1, 2 and 3. What is yours?

Originally Posted by DrPerry View Post
sry but what again is so special about MM i dont get it

It probably has something to do with him being one of the absolute most well rounded fighters in MMA, is lightning fast with good power, with an unlimited gas tank, and ability to fight and compete at the highest level from 125-145....Oh and he fights, beats, and competes against all the best fighters on the world...

Call me crazy but it probably has something to do with that....

Then again, P4P doesn't seem to have much to do with that these days. Rather let's list 10 of my favorite and most popular fighters without thinking about what P4P actually means.

That's how a great fighter like JDS is showing up on peoples lists.

Barao
Demetrious Johnson
Jon Jones
Benson Henderson
Junior dos Santos
Carlos Condit
Nick Diaz

Im aware that my personal top 4-10 p4p list is in the minority with the way i think/feel. But this is my own opinion, and its true to how i rank fighters.

There are many reasons to ignore Cruz, that wouldn't be my first
Cruz is about as underrated as it gets, and he'll beat Barao handily
just cause he doesn't finish doesn't mean he's not one of the top fighters out there

4. Aldo
5. Bendo
6. JDS
7. Cruz
8. Edgar
9. Hendo
10. Melendez

It probably has something to do with him being one of the absolute most well rounded fighters in MMA, is lightning fast with good power, with an unlimited gas tank, and ability to fight and compete at the highest level from 125-145....Oh and he fights, beats, and competes against all the best fighters on the world...

Call me crazy but it probably has something to do with that....

Then again, P4P doesn't seem to have much to do with that these days. Rather let's list 10 of my favorite and most popular fighters without thinking about what P4P actually means.

That's how a great fighter like JDS is showing up on peoples lists.

to be fair i agree with you 100% about MM which is why he was number 5 on my list. But JDS should get some consideration, he fits all your criteria you set for MM except the obvious fighting between 125-145, BUT i think the thing that gives him some consideration is that 'most' guys who are around his size tend to compete as LHW's so he's not a gigantic HW imho. But i don't think he's up as high as some people are putting him. But i guess it's about whats important to you personally.

[Note: I have Aldo at No. 3.]
4. GSP
5. JDS
6. Cruz
7. Hendo
8. Edgar
9. MM
10. Bendo

But JDS should get some consideration, he fits all your criteria you set for MM except the obvious fighting between 125-145

No he doesn't...Let me make it very clear. JDS is an incredible HW. One of the very best I've ever seen in MMA. But he does not have, nor has displayed the best and most well rounded skills worthy of being listed with the 10 best in the world. And let me emphasis the term "world"...This is the entire stable of MMA. Not just the popular and most talked about fighters, or just the champs...

BUT i think the thing that gives him some consideration is that 'most' guys who are around his size tend to compete as LHW's so he's not a gigantic HW imho.

He's not a "gigantic" HW but let's be clear. He's friggn huge, and could never make LHW without a complete and total transformation of his life....And from there who knows what type of effect it would have on his style and skills.

But i don't think he's up as high as some people are putting him. But i guess it's about whats important to you personally.

word.

Back