My opinion on Sage

First off, I am not a homo or body builder fan. And it seems that is the majority of Sage fan boys.
I think the kid has the determination to become a champ. It might be 5 years from now and a couple losses away. But he has the speed. He has the striking. And he has the attitude. The kid smiles all through his fights.
That last fight he got taken down and put into some danger, but I was impressed with how he didn't tap and spun his way out. Rookie for getting into that spot in the first place, but pretty impressive to get out of that spot.

sage looks a lot like one of these guys (or could)

Last edited:
I honestly can't agree. I think he has great striking, bad wrestling, and so so BJJ. I guess time will tell. Bump this board in 5 years.
i would say his bjj is a touch worse than so-so.

Lots of potential. Karate kid. I think hes got a lot of skills but he is not a killer. Im sure he gets good training but he needs to get aggresive. Ceasar gracie. Toughen him up. Some more fights before he gets a top 15 opponent.

He just claimed the majority of Sage fans are homos, and he's just one of the few exceptions.

If not a Homo sapien, what the hell are you?
if-it-bleeds-we-can-kill-it-quote-1.jpg

seh6p.gif
perfect response IMO

<7>

This isn't really an opinion on sage as much as just an opinion he may fall into. The problem i see with a lot of these very young guys who are good enough to compete early, and pushed a little to fast, is it ends up stunting them. What I mean is because they are developing not just skills but the person (there body is brain etc) that as they take damage it changes the growth the brain etc. So that person may not reach as high as they may have if they waited a little longer. This is not always the case but I do think more often than not.

He's got a lot of promise, certainly. But he's nowhere near good enough to live up to his hype just yet.

Doesn't quite have a good enough ground game (or striking) for upper level threats. I don't believe we'll ever see him anywhere near a belt unless it is some kind of hard promotion push with gimme fights. Or, a late title shot replacement with a single moment of glory a la Bisping.
He's like 19. How many fighter's careers have we thrown out thinking it's over. Robbie Lawler comes to mind. Overeem was finished how many times in a row?. How about RDA? When Alvarez lost to Cerrone I don't think anyone imagined he'd be holding 155 strap in such a murderous division. Sage can definitely get there, but as another person has pointed out he needs time to be built up properly.

Do you listen to the pet shop boys, or WHAM! ?

He's like 19. How many fighter's careers have we thrown out thinking it's over. Robbie Lawler comes to mind. Overeem was finished how many times in a row?. How about RDA? When Alvarez lost to Cerrone I don't think anyone imagined he'd be holding 155 strap in such a murderous division. Sage can definitely get there, but as another person has pointed out he needs time to be built up properly.
I take what you are saying and they are goid points. I thought about that too. It isn't about an age related issue from what I see but rather a kid who is having a go in MMA and might not stick around as he potentially doesn't need to. It might be a propganda portrayal but I see Sage as somebody who doesn't have to fight, is full of adorable personality and could just as easily be in a boy band or a t.v presenter. His "team" appear to be his family who limit his life (I assume) and having listened and watched some interviews, I don't believe he has a fighter's heart.
Sure he is a gifted athlete but all the guys above have been in wars and climbed through serious battles before they were renowned and effectively re-invented themselves.

I might be shocked. May be he is a stone cold killer waiting to come out but there would be no shame in a handful of low end wins to keep some pride and walk away with other options in his life.

I dreamed last night he got brutally knocked out by a brazilian fighter, fell face first to the canvas, but I forget who hit him. True story. Gutted I cant remember.

Back