My newest favorite tricep exercise

Let's not forget that Keith developed a substantial bench press and strict overhead press well before his revelation with the rolling DB tricep ext. Based on that, is this recent discovery a "must have" in your training program?

Evaluate the exercises for what they are and please consider your advancement and adaptation level before you dive in head first.

Wow,this sounds like rolling triceps extension can kill you.For fucks sake,just do the damn exercise.
Thanks Keith,I like it and use it at the end of bench workout.

I really dont understand this. I stated that I had come across something new in recent months, tried my best to describe it and detail its value as an additional exercise to add to your arsenal. I never once said it was the end all, be all of tricep exercises and that it will replace everything you are doing and it will give you a 500lb bench press, etc, etc. Its an exercise, its a suggestion, nothing more---give it a shot-it may work for you, it may not. the beauty of weight training is the individual expression you get to bring to the table and you dont really find this in too many other sports. There is pretty much one way to swing a golf club, etc. Feel free at any time to make adverse comments, flame away if necessary, I am not above that, but please dont put words into my mouth. This is wearing me out

This is what bothers me about sherdog these days, every thread turns into a pointless debate over nothing... Anyways thanks for the tip Keith.

This is wearing me out

Understandable, but you know the internet long enough, don't you? Misunderstandings, trolling etc. make it much harder to communicate IMO. Don't let it wear you out. Your advice is much appreciated over here and that counts more I'd say...

Understandable, but you know the internet long enough, don't you? Misunderstandings, trolling etc. make it much harder to communicate IMO. Don't let it wear you out. Your advice is much appreciated over here and that counts more I'd say...

+1. Some people value your advice and contribution. Don't let the rest of the crowd keep you from posting it.

I am currently in the middle of a long shoulder rehab process, with only goal to dodge the shoulder surgery that is looming ahead. After a couple of months of physiotherapy/manual therapy and rehab work at home, I am getting back to pressing with very light weights and just the day before your posting this thread I was in the gym considering what tricep exercise I could try that wouldn't stress the shoulders (since I don't want any extra shoulder aggravation after the bench press). Then was thinking that the downside to lying barbell tricep extensions is lack of full ROM. Next day you posted this, nothing special but an idea that makes perfect sense in my case (I wondered how I didn't think of that before). So yeah, don't let it bother you.

Ray Toulany

guy must be running out of things to write about if he is blogging about me. lol

"Keith the mountain man". This dude has done his homework reading your articles.

Ray Toulany

guy must be running out of things to write about if he is blogging about me. lol
ROFL! This is hilarious. What an idiot.

Thanks for the suggestion Keith. I find myself in a similar situation as miaou, looking for a tricep exercise. I will give this one a go tomorrow! Keep posting!

I really dont understand this. I stated that I had come across something new in recent months, tried my best to describe it and detail its value as an additional exercise to add to your arsenal. I never once said it was the end all, be all of tricep exercises and that it will replace everything you are doing and it will give you a 500lb bench press, etc, etc. Its an exercise, its a suggestion, nothing more---give it a shot-it may work for you, it may not. the beauty of weight training is the individual expression you get to bring to the table and you dont really find this in too many other sports. There is pretty much one way to swing a golf club, etc. Feel free at any time to make adverse comments, flame away if necessary, I am not above that, but please dont put words into my mouth. This is wearing me out

I'm not sure if this is directed solely at me or not. I don't think it is, but to clarify, my post was not to underplay the exercise's effectiveness. I was merely pointing out that you had developed a very strong bench press in the absence of this exercise. I apologize if my post came off as offensive or abrasive. It was not intended.

I really dont understand this.

I owe you an apology.

Also sorry to all posters and readers of this thread, I really wanted to discuss without attacking someone on a personal level and somehow ended up trolling the thread. Ironically, I'm a big fan of isolation exercises.

/thread

I'm not sure if this is directed solely at me or not. I don't think it is, but to clarify, my post was not to underplay the exercise's effectiveness. I was merely pointing out that you had developed a very strong bench press in the absence of this exercise. I apologize if my post came off as offensive or abrasive. It was not intended.

Not directed at you at all, you made a good point

I owe you an apology.

Also sorry to all posters and readers of this thread, I really wanted to discuss without attacking someone on a personal level and somehow ended up trolling the thread. Ironically, I'm a big fan of isolation exercises.

/thread

I wonder how long it will take this time...

I owe you an apology.

/thread

Accepted and lets move on. BTW, I dont really consider this an isolation move, maybe an adjunct move, but not an isolation ( not that there is anything wrong with that)

but always feel free to challenge me or anyone else, no one is above that on here

---somewhat related--------

My winter years in high school largely consisted of doing chores around the farm at 5am in thirty degree below temperatures and wrestling. Our high school had a great wrestling tradition. I was always paired up with Butch, who was one weight class lighter than I. Butch did not know the meaning of the word quit. Actually there were a lot of words that Butch did not know the meaning of. I have always suspected that he was too dumb to know that he was tired. During the previous football season we were on a road game and during warm-ups, Butch told the coach that he had forgotten his mouthpiece. One of the trainers had a mouthpiece in the training bag and she went and found a microwave to heat the water in order to form the mouthpiece. They brought the cup of hot water and the mouthpiece out to Butch only to discover that he did have a mouthpiece after all. The coach asked him where he had found his mouthpiece and Butch replied that he had found an old discarded one at the edge of the field and had popped it into his mouth.

Our practices were about two and half hours long and they always ended the same way. During the last fifteen minutes of practice, our coaches would divide us up into two teams and we would have some sort of competition. Usually, it consisted of relay race involving crabwalks, wheelbarrows or two-man carries. If the basketball court was empty, we would occasionally play a fast game of basketball, which always seemed to degenerate into dodge ball.
Did the coaches have us engage in these competitions in order to perfect our wrestling skill-not really. Did it improve our balance or conditioning?- Nope. Then why did we do it? Because it was fun. We looked forward to it, we had fun and it allowed us to end a hard practice on an up-beat note.

Often times other people deem certain exercises

One of the essential keys to longevity in lifting is to have a certain amount of fun in your training. When you get to the point where you dread going to the gym or see it as simply something that you have to do, but really don't want to do, then it is only a matter of time until you will quit altogether.

Do what you have to do in order to have fun in your training, even if it means doing some of those worthless exercises.

Right on.

Keith, you're a real mentor to us. Thanks for all your contributions.

Dude, you're an asshole. Look at your log and then take a peek and Keith's numbers in the Strongest man thread and then STFU as hard as you can.

What banned member is logged in under Baruts name today?

Back