My New Rescue Doggy

TexasDrugAddict**

Silver Belt
Reaction score
I finally got my adopted doggie today. Man its been a long process. I wanted to rescue a dog instead of going to a breeder or dog store. Not that I have anything agianst those places, unless the breeder is a bad one. My wife was really the one that brought up getting me a rescue dog for Christmas and I was happy to get one. We have been working with this Basset Hound rescue since the beginning of Dec. Its have taken us 4 weeks to get a dog. the process they require before getting a dog from them is long. But it was worth the wait. I finally have my baby Annabelle. She is basset hound(mix), I say mix cause her legs are to long and she is a little small(35lbs but will be 40-45 once I get her weight back up). she is around 2 they think, she was rescue from a bad puppy mill. She is the sweetest dog I have ever known. She is a pure lap dog and wants nothing but love.

DSC_0502_zpsa585a0c8.jpg

DSC_0492_zps7defd87a.jpg

DSC_0483_zps5a3fbea2.jpg

DSC_0506_zpsec8a46fa.jpg

She gots some big feet.
DSC_0495_zpsbd510e8d.jpg

^Nothing else can really be said besides this.

congratulations! she looks like she's going to be turning a lot of heads

He doesn't look like he can rescue anything.

JK. Good to see you got a new addition to the family and saved a life.

Well done sir. Now you just need good taste in beer. ;)

Hey now. Southern Tier Chocolate is too freaking Sweeeeeeet.

Thanks

Hah. I had some last night, went over to a buddies house And we split a bottle of Peak Maple, Blue Hills Milk stout and a ST chokolat.

A most humane act you performed. Kudos.

That's too cute. I miss my old bassett every time somebody posts one on here.

Good work, man! That's a sweet pooch!

What a cute looking dog. First reply pretty much nailed it. Grats TDA!

I have a basset hound, they are wonderful dogs. Biggest problem is they shed like crazy so make sure you have a good vacuum. Otherwise they'll steal your heart.

Mine:

r8a6pj.jpg

Back