My mom served mashed cauliflower yesterday for Thanksgiving

Headkicktoleg

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Instead of mashed potatoes. I'm honestly beside myself with anger over it. I eat mashed potatoes like twice a year and she pulls this shit?!

Also the gravy was some kind of health food gravy. It might as well have been water

I don't know what you're on about. I bloody loved it.

you eat mashed potatoes one of the goat sidedishes twice a year? what?

I like it. Not as much as mashed potatoes, but it's a nice change every now and then. Just don't mash 'em too much, or it ends up like baby food. You also have season the shit out of it.

Don't know about that gravy though. Gravy is not something to be trifled with.

It's a "healthier" alternative, but I personally wouldn't do that to other people.

Health food gravy. More details, please.

I like it. Not as much as mashed potatoes, but it's a nice change every now and then. Just don't mash 'em too much, or it ends up like baby food. You also have season the shit out of it.

Don't know about that gravy though. Gravy is not something to be trifled with.
I have nothing against mashed cauliflower, In fact I eat it a lot and enjoy it, but you don't serve that shit at Thanksgiving!

Last edited:
That’s horseshit. Mashed potatoes are a staple, and can’t be substituted. I would have ran to stop and shop and picked up some Bob Evans.

You should have spit it in her eye, and kicked her while she was down. Then, ended it with a "Thanks for nothing bitch".

If you didn’t have the presence of mind to get visibly angry and slam your fist down on the dinner table in protest this won’t go well next year.

I have nothing against. Mashed cauliflower, In fact I eat it a lot and enjoy it, but you don't serve that shit at Thanksgiving!

At first I was like, “What a baby.” But then....
<TheWire1>

Now I see your point. Carry on.

I have nothing against. Mashed cauliflower, In fact I eat it a lot and enjoy it, but you don't serve that shit at Thanksgiving!

My Thanksgivings are pretty large, so we have all sorts of dishes. As long as the basics are covered(stuffing, taters, turkey), the rest is just bonus.

My mom served me mashed cauliflower... I mashed her life
i02.jpg

Honestly though mashed potatoes with gravy wasn't my favorite thing when I was stateside, but after years of not having it, I'm so looking forward to them this weekend when I'm getting thanksgiving food for the first time in like 7 years.

Back