My man Jose Aldo getting a shot at Cejudo? Hell yeah baby

I watched the fight live and had no fucking idea who was going to come out on top as they went to the decision. I felt a split decision for either dude or a draw would have been justifiable. What I can say is that Aldo impressed me. I was with a lot of other people who thought cutting to 135 would be the death of him, but he looked pretty damn good compared to his previous few mediocre performances. I'm a little disappointed that he hasn't reintroduced some other facets of his game, though, like those murderous leg kicks. He seems content to just be a swarming boxer.

All that being said, I'm very leery of this trend of blatantly flaunting fight outcomes and rankings when it comes to matchmaking... and I say that as a guy who thinks Cejudo and Aldo will be a banger.

Well, Cejudo wants to fight him in his next title defense as Aldo is a big name to add to his win list.

Aldo won that fucking fight. Even Moraes knew Aldo won that fight. It was the best Aldo looked in years
giphy.gif
I'm Aldo's biggest defender but this is B.S. Aldo not using leg kicks, for whatever reason, is only half as good as he was at his peak.

Aldo Moraes could have gone either way.

Interesting title fight. I do like that Aldo is getting a shot at the title... but fuck, UFC is just doing whatever these days.

The fight was razor thin and there was no "clear winner". I scored it for Moraes as did tons of others.
This is an absurd title fight, just like Adesanya vs Romero. UFC rankings have completely lost all credibility at this point.

View attachment 711947 View attachment 711949

Those are some interesting stats and I hate to deny math but I can't help but feel like octagon control cannot be accounted for. That said, I think I need to watch that match again carefully. I also don't like that the UFC is booking someone coming off a loss for a title fight, it just doesn't leave a good taste in my mouth.

Those are some interesting stats and I hate to deny math but I can't help but feel like octagon control cannot be accounted for. That said, I think I need to watch that match again carefully. I also don't like that the UFC is booking someone coming off a loss for a title fight, it just doesn't leave a good taste in my mouth.
It was very close and competitive, I think it really could have gone either way without a fuss. I personally scored it for Moraes just for the fact that he rocked Aldo once or twice.

The fight was razor thin and there was no "clear winner". I scored it for Moraes as did tons of others.
This is an absurd title fight, just like Adesanya vs Romero. UFC rankings have completely lost all credibility at this point.

View attachment 711947 View attachment 711949

Rankings haven’t meant shit for years. It’s nothing new. Forget about the belts. Just enjoy the action.

Aldo has a good chance to beat Cedujo.. his TDD is amazing and he is still very accurate and fast, could see him winning.

Back