My Log!

Today,

LSD-2 Miles

Sprints-4x400 meter

Hill Sprints(wind style)-5

then went to grappling class at 7:30

about to do a core workout here, maybe some bag work too.

Some,

Ab Wheel Rollouts

Leg Raises

Chinnies

Toe Touch Crunch

Flutter Kicks

Supermans

Back Extensions

V-Ups

Knee Hugs

Probably just use them!

Okay, so I bought The Programs from Matt Wiggins, so I'm going to start doing that, and can't post the workouts from it. So, I'm going to post my conditioning routines, grip and core work! And anything else extra. I'm going to do each movement with as much weight as possible, and see where it takes me!:) So, I plan on doing conditioning, 2-3 days a week. Grip and core 3 days a week, I'll post any new PR's as well!:)

Today,

LSD-30 Minutes

5x800 Meters(30 Seconds Rest)

That really hurt me, I could hardly drive home. I'm not to good with the distance running. I can sprint all day long but, my legs fill up and get heavy, I just like to do the longer running because I feel like I do when I'm in grappling class, lightheaded... partly due to the heat I'm sure though.

Thanks man!:)

I'm training for MMA, in about 4-5 months I'll be old enough to compete! As for which area I'd like to excell in, grappling. I like the striking arts and all, it's just that I think that's where I'd lose at. I hit hard and have fast explosive hands, but I definately need some schooling in the striking aspect! haha!

have any schools lined up? wrestling, bjj, catch wrestling?

have any schools lined up? wrestling, bjj, catch wrestling?
Yepp, I've been training at Team CGS for alittle over a month now in Submission Wrestling. In a few months ill start there mma training, they want you to have a good ground game before you start the mma. And I'm going to be wrestling for my school district this season!:) So, hopefully I do well!:)

Okay, so I just wanted to right down what we did in class today. It's not right on because, I forget exactly but roughly.

Started Running Around Room, then we count off.

Evens go to the middle and Run. Then switch directions when the teacher says switch.

Bear Crawls

10 Burpees

Ran Some more only odds were on the inside and evens on the outside. Same switching thing.

Bear Crawls

Crab Walks

Flutter Kicks

6 Inches

Leg Raises

Flutter Kicks

6 Inches

Leg Raises

10 Burpees

More running

360's for awhile

Roman Chairs

Duck Walks

Bear Crawls

Crab Walks

10 Burpees

Flutter Kicks

6 Inches

Leg Raises

Flutter Kicks

6 Inches

Leg Raises

10 Burpees

Some More Running.

That was AMAZING! I loved it, I was so tired, and then got to roll after for awhile!

@ 17 and 170 pounds your going to have a serious strength advantage over most guys your age, as well as alot of men when you get old enough to fight. keep this up man, you'll be pro in no time

@ 17 and 170 pounds your going to have a serious strength advantage over most guys your age, as well as alot of men when you get old enough to fight. keep this up man, you'll be pro in no time

Thanks man!:) I really appreciate the compliments alot!:) That'd be awesome to be pro!

Also, I have a competition in October! Hopefully I do well, like you said, I have a good advantage on the guys my age and weight and experience. I'm thinking about dropping down a class for it, so I can have even more of an advantage in strength!

Thanks again bro! I appreciate the positive feedback!:)

I really shouldn't do anything uber stressing on the body 2 days in a row, I think haha! I did my workout from my WCFTP's, I liked it alot! I can definately see it all helping me in the future, I finally have an organized workout plan!:) Did some conditioning out of boredom, just some bodyweight stuff.

Complex 1

Pushups-10

Burpees-10

x5(NO REST)

Complex 2

3x2 Minute Rounds of Jump Rope

30 Seconds Rest

My legs felt like rubber after all them burpees and jump rope :( So, I did some upper body burnage.

Complex 3

Pull-Ups-10

Clap Pushups-10

x5

Good time!:)

Then my buddy came over, he asks me to make him workout. So, I made him do something along these lines, he's not nearly conditioned as myself or many other people, so I keep it simple things he can do at his own pace.

Sets my timer for 8x2 Minute Rounds with 1 Minute Rests

Rounds 1/3/5/7

Burpees

Bear Crawls

Pushups

Squats

30 Seconds each

Rounds 2/4/6/8

Medicine Ball Slams

Split Squat Jumps

Plyometric Pushups

Lateral Jumps Over Heavybag

30 Seconds each.

I've been having a hard time with motivation the last few days. Not putting enough work into my workouts. On Monday I'm starting again, with 100% Dedication to training. Going to lift them weights, and do them conditioning routines. Been binge eating to.:( I hurt my rib 2 weeks ago and my shoulder and lower back and its been haunting me, so I'm going to make a chiropractor appointment! I've never been to one, so I imagine Im going to crack alot in places i didnt know exsisted!:)

I'm 58 and have a lot of motivation problems especially when I get off work. I take No-Xplode and it gives me the energy I need to get a really good workout. It also helps me a lot with recovery. I don't have stock in the company or anything, but it's a really good product. It actually will make you want to hit the gym.

I'm 58 and have a lot of motivation problems especially when I get off work. I take No-Xplode and it gives me the energy I need to get a really good workout. It also helps me a lot with recovery. I don't have stock in the company or anything, but it's a really good product. It actually will make you want to hit the gym.

Hey, thanks for letting me know about that!:) I'm going to look into that, I have some mental issues, nothing can seem to help them. So, I don't get very much sleep at all. I go thru times in the day where I'm full of energy, then bam, I'm drained and zombie like. So, I'm going to check into that, thanks for the suggestion!:)

Some HXC Power Conditioning!!!!

20xBand Rows

20xPower Overs

10xSprint in Place to Sprawls

20xMedicine Ball Slams

Only did 3 Rounds but kept the rest very very minimal and kept the pace very VERY intense!

Going to do some drilling later with a buddy.

Did some Deadlifting, in a pyramid set/rep scheme. Wrestled for a bit. It was fun.

So, today, I'm going out to the park to do some sprint work.

Then later on, since wrestling seasons well on its way here, we're going to start practicing in September. So, I'm going to get used to the work rest ratio, so I'm going to set my timer for 2 minute rounds and either 30 to 60 seconds rest depending on how hard the work is and do as much work as possible in them 2 minutes. Today I think I'm going to try this out,

Complex 1:

Burpees-3x2 Minute Rounds

60 Second Rests

Complex 2:

5-Up-Downs

5-Sandbag Shoulders

5-Pull-Ups

5-Clap Pushups

Repeat as Many times as possible in 2 Minutes.

Rest 60 Seconds, Repeat x3

Complex 3:

Sandbag Get-Ups

As Many as Possible in 2 Minutes.

Rest 60 Seconds, Repeat x3

Today,

Worked my abs a lil' =p

Crunches-30 Seconds

Leg Raises-30 Seconds

6 Inches-30 Seconds

Flutter Kicks-30 Seconds

Did that about 5-7 times I think. I don't know why, just felt like working my abs like this. haha

Then Followed up with a conditioning sesh, went a lil like this,

5 Jump Squats

5 Medicine Ball Slams

5 Pushups

5 Sandbag Bent Rows(@160lbs.)

Continue non-stop for 2 Minutes.

Rest 1 Minute

Whole thing x7

It was fun, I liked it. Nice and simple, got me sweaty and tired. That's what I'm looking for!:)

After that, I worked on my shot. I can't seem to get pleased with it however.:( I have a matress in my basement against the wall, so I was just shooting at it.

Today, lifted weights at the gym. Did some Iso's for some reason.

AND

100 Burpee Challenge

NEW PR :)

Did it in 6 Minutes flat! I couldnt believe it! It was probably just a good day.

Well, haven't posted on here in awhile. So, some people are curious as to how wrestlers condition. Well, today was the first practice of the season. I'm going to put down what we did for anyone who is curious, and I'm really bored right now. So, I feel like putting this down. Anyhow,

We started at 2:45

We ran around the wrestling room for 15 minutes, until 3:00.

Then we stretched(static stretching)

Then We held the plank for a minute

then 6 inches for a minute

then legs spread wide 6 inches

then 25 pushups

then 25 sit-ups

Now, onto plyometrics.

We did lateral jumps for like 2 minutes

Front to back hops 2 minutes

then got a partner and did lateral hops over there legs for 2 minutes then switched spots

then back to regular lateral hops for 1 minute

Then same partner got in the referees position and we did lateral jumps over them for 1 minute then switched spots.

Then we did up-downs for 6 minuntes.

Then we did wrestlers get ups from the knees for 1 or 2 minutes

then we did wrestlers getups turning from the back to the belly to stance to sprawl to shot for awhile.

Now, we all went to one end of the room, got a partner of the same weight did piggyback or firemans carry squats, it was ur choice, for 10 reps then bear crawled to the other side of the room. Lined up in group lines, and when the coach blew the whistle the group at the front went and did what he said, consisted of sprints, bear crawls, backwards crab walks, baby crawls, and legless army crawls, we did that for a good while. After that we went into doing things called strip matters, which is this, oh all of these are done at 100% effort cuz if just one person paced thereself and wasnt giving it there all, wed have to do more, anywho

1.Bear Crawl to other side of the room and back

2.Baby Crawl to the other side of the room and back

3.Sprint to the other side of the room and back

then get in the back of the line and wait till its ur turn again. And if u were caught sitting leaning against the wall or putting ur hands on ur knees wed have to do more.=D

After that we hit some technique, very basic stuff since it was the first practice of the season.

We hit the High Crotch

Double

High Single

Arm Drag

Head Control

Turk

Power Half

Then, we did stance and motion for awhile, with the coach watching to make sure we was all doing it right. When he said shuffle, we would shuffle split when he said hit it wed sprawl and when he said shoot wed well shoot, then after we was done with that, we ran for alil bit more. We only got one water break the whole time practice!:)

Then, we went back to doing strip matters for awhile, then, we did sprints, then double sprints, then double bear crawls, then more strip matters for awhile. Then it was done, but everyone was required to do 100 pushups and 100 sit-ups before we had to leave.=)

It was SOOOO much fun!!! I LOVED it!!! The intensity and pain!!!!=) Starting Monday, Practice starts everyday! So I am PSYCHED!!!!!=D

Back