My last tournament (Atama open, includes video)

Gfreak

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I've got a coupla videos here that's footage of me at my last tournament (this past saturday). And I'd love some tips/advice etc, that y'all could pull from these videos. :)

I made a list of things that i should improve on already from watching it, but more is always awesome haha.

Welcome to Facebook

-- my first match, which i won.

Login | Facebook
-Part 1 of my 2nd match of the day. ( i lost)

Welcome to Facebook
--part 2

I also have another video which i'll upload from that tournament, which is my Gi match, again, same problem as the other video. Will upload when i get it.

Thanks for any advice ahead of time.

Edit:Oh yea, i'm the guy in the gray shirt...lol

Last edited:
Lol, that one guy walked right in front of the camera when you went for the armbar.

Yea I know, horrible timing for that official haha. But oh well.

man were you competing when the lights went out.. I was in the middle of a match and saw the lights flickering then went out.. The lights came back on and I didnt hear the ref say start again, and I kept asking, and all of a sudden my opponent starts attacking again

Wow, nah i took off after i lost my Gi match. That must've happened after i left haha. Did you win though?

Ah dang, well congrats on winning that one then haha. What belt/weight class were ya competing in?

Nice work my friend! How did you do back in August at Prostar? I was supposed to have a match against you then but got moved down a weight class.

I lost back then too heh. Actually, the guy the beat me in this tourny in Gi is the guy that beat me back then.... i did alot better this time though heh.

For anyone wonderin I was in the novice/white belt 175-194 weight class. But i think imma drop down a weight class for the next one.

Yeah I lost my last match too then. Walked away with silver. You gonna do the Grapplers World Tournament in December? Where do you train?

I dunno what i'm doing in december. I"m doing the one on november 6th... I think it's called mixed martial arts mania or something like that lol. I train at Sugarland MMA offa H-59 and Sugarcreek under Joe and jason soliz, and chad kight. And i'm assuming you train under draculino? :)

Haha yessir I do. I lost at ProStar to a guy from Sugarland MMA. He was pretty solid. Beat me on points and we were both GASSED! Really cool guy just can't remember his name.

hmm i'm trying to think who competed back then...does the name joseph ring a bell?

Bump. Does anyone have any tips/advice/critic or w.e. on the limited footage i have? I"d much appreciate it. :)

how was that tourney, i heard the atama opens are well run...

The atama open was run VERY well by them. there were a lot of people there too. I"d definately reccomend it.

hmm i'm trying to think who competed back then...does the name joseph ring a bell?

Might be. Joseph. There's a couple photos of us on thecagedoor.net at the bottom of the ProStar photo album.

Back