My K1 pro rules debut - Video in thread

Throw your strikes like you mean it. Your opponent looks like he's throwing strikes to take your head off whereas you look like you're having an easy sparring session where you're trying NOT to hurt your partner, there's only a few punches & kicks which look like they were thrown with any intent to injure your opponent. It's a fight, not a training session, you gotta get mean and throw with bad intent or your opponents will do what this guy did to you.

I don't know how much sparring you've done, but I'd recommend some hard sparring so you can get used to hurting people and getting hurt, either that or you decide that the fight life isn't for you. If you're not willing or able to throw hard and hurt people with no hesitation or 2nd guessing, it's not going to end well for you in the ring.
While I also think that TS lacks aggressivity, what it looks like to me is an adrenaline dumb sort of situation where he had no energy.

Is that a correct impression, TS?

Respect for stepping in there in a televised event on your pro debut. To me it seems like you need more experience and also need to work on your explosivity.

While I also think that TS lacks aggressivity, what it looks like to me is an adrenaline dumb sort of situation where he had no energy.

Is that a correct impression, TS?

Respect for stepping in there in a televised event on your pro debut. To me it seems like you need more experience and also need to work on your explosivity.
Thank you for your feedback sir ! :)

That is a very correct observation! In the ending of the first round I felt like all energy left my body and I had no motivation to continue at all.. I tried but it’s hard to fight with no energy in your body.!
It was my first fight in 2 years so I was the nervous I’ve ever been for a fight, I think that played a huge factor in my energy management

Tough luck man. Here are some things I noticed:

1. You lost the stare down right off the bat. Don’t look at the ref and don’t show weakness. You’re here to fight and to hurt the person in front of you. Stare him right in his third eye and show him you mean it. I could immediately tell how nervous you were from that jaw clenching/chewing on the mouth guard thing you did. Put a god damn game face on brother.

2. You lost your stance every time you punched. You need to maintain your southpaw stance. It’s literally one of your biggest advantages. Sit on everything so you don’t get so loosely goosey. Even after you kicked the opponent would kick your back leg because you wouldn’t get back to your stance. Maintain your stance at all times for now.

3. Yeah, power. You need a lot more hard sparring and hard bag/pad work.

4. You’re obviously not used to being hit hard or surviving under fire. The fact that you quit just says something about how easy your training is. That can change if you actually get used to being beat down and dishing out beat downs. You quit early cuz you aren’t used to it. For now your sparring and training should be as scary/hard as your fight. This really makes me question your training.

5. What country is this? Pretty cool language.
Good luck brother
I’m from Denmark and the language is the danish btw :)

I really like how you work with your lead hand. Finding your range, disturbing the rythm of your opponent and using it for defense and offense. Great asset. It seemed that 2min into the fight your gas tank went down significant and despite the break between rounds you werent able to get back your stamina (just a guess) . Seemed like one of the main reasons for your loss as that can kill motivation and ability to execute anything. Still this was imo a really good display of skill on your part and I am sure its a fight your coaches will be able to finetune you for the future. You definitely have talent.
And yes I was completely drained for energy in the end of the first round. I was super nervous for the fight and I think that played a big factor in my energy management unfortunately :)

Thank you sir! I will focus on turning my hips and utilizing my range :)

It would give you a chance to keep the range where you want it rather than just clashing into one another like a Braveheart scene sir lol.

congrats for stepping into the ring and fighting. I skimmed through it, the only things that really stood out to me was that your chin was up, and not much rotation on your kicks.

What is your background and experience? amateur fight record?

I'm not able to give much critique as I have no real experience but the power thing is big like others have said. I went to a boxing gym (granted only one time) but the one thing that a trainer there told me was to put power even on my jabs because if you don't do that they won't respect your offense and will walk you down. Another thing is being a southpaw vs and orthodox fighter the body kick is always there, neither of you guys really took full advantage of that. More times than not you will be facing an orthodox fighter so practice throwing body kicks. Roundhouse the fuck out of the liver and mix in the odd head kick. Also one thing I would try since you seem to like throwing kicks down the middle that seem to land with your toes. I don't if that's by design or not but you can do some real damage if you land a hard stabbing toe kick to the body. Might not be the best idea unless your toes are well conditioned though. Round houses and stabbing toe kicks to the body and mix in head kicks. Nerves definitely played a huge role. In fighting your mental space is extremely important. You can have all the skill in the world but if you aren't in the right headspace you're not going to do well. Think of your opponent as a jackass. He's a docuhebag, he thinks you suck ass and plans to watch the tape back and laugh after he beats you but guess what, you're the king of the jungle and you're going to tear him to pieces. Your next opponent is going to watch this fight and laugh at you so teach him a lesson!! How dare he laugh at your debut match, what a jackass. Don't get wild but hit to hurt that motherfucker!

My coach fought in Germany last weekend (kickboxing rules).
He had a pretty bad fever going into the fight, but decided to still do the fight.
Unfortunately he lost in first round.
Thoughts on his showing? He’s the guy in the white shorts with red gloves

You don't want it bad.

Was your life easy growing up ?

First 1 minute 43 seconds had watched.

Not enough developed fundamentals to counter.
Ask gym.

Most likely will watch further....
While for me looks that both lads are nice as person...

Good for you TS on fighting, you've been under the lights now no matter what. You should listen to some of the advice in this thread.

My coach fought in Germany last weekend (kickboxing rules).
He had a pretty bad fever going into the fight, but decided to still do the fight.
Unfortunately he lost in first round.
Thoughts on his showing? He’s the guy in the white shorts with red gloves

10-5, we got a stealing of thunder in progress, over

Good for you TS on fighting, you've been under the lights now no matter what. You should listen to some of the advice in this thread.

10-5, we got a stealing of thunder in progress, over
Haha what?

It's not a bad thing to throw light shots. If you're using them set up hard shots.

Back