My judo tournament video

supersuk

White Belt
Reaction score
Here are vids of me at a judo tournament last weekend. My first tournament in 3 years, restarted judo about 7-8 months ago after a 2 year break. I feel pretty fast out there but it looks pretty slow on camera.

Senior - Intermediate divison.

My newaza skills are fine but I disengaged mostly because my cardio isnt up to par yet. Saving my energy for tachiwaza.

Enjoy.

critique and question away

Pretty cool. Wish there was a judo place around here. Sad face..

Where in BC do you train Judo?

I didnt even know they had a BC championship for Judo thats cool.

Nice.... but what happened in the second to last vid? I don't understand what the referees were doing. Why did they stop you guys, and then let you continue?

there were a couple times you went for the drop seoi without setting it up/when the other guy wasn't in front of you. work the ouchi gari or something else first.

what were you going for towards the end of the 2nd video?

Nice.... but what happened in the second to last vid? I don't understand what the referees were doing. Why did they stop you guys, and then let you continue?
Its illegal to come across the face. You can go across the neck and shoulder but not the face. So the ref's stopped it, gave him a warning and reset the hold down timer.

there were a couple times you went for the drop seoi without setting it up/when the other guy wasn't in front of you. work the ouchi gari or something else first.

what were you going for towards the end of the 2nd video?

yeah, I need to work on combination and setting things up more. It was my first tournament in a long while and I was pretty tense and rusty out there.

I think I was going for a sloppy and ugly uchimata, then got countered by a uchimata sukashi. Its not a throw I use or practice much. I thought since I was at the edge I could try it without much risk, I was wrong.

Back