My instructor's claim to fame

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerseyTrash

Silver Belt
Reaction score
He always tells us how, "Roger Gracie never tapped me." If you ask him if he's ever actually fought Roger, he quickly points out, "Hell no!"

What a clown.

Jacare's never tapped me.

hell i like it, in fact i think i'll start using it myself.

It's a lot funnier when you hear him say it in his broken English/ heavy Portugese accent.

I've never claimed any of this sorts. Please stop trolling me or I'll be forced to report.

You've implied something similar to that degree, he is not very far off. Don't pretend to act innocent.

I've never claimed any of this sorts. Please stop trolling me or I'll be forced to report.

Looking at his fights though, the little Sambo trips and subs off his back remind me of Fedor. They are so clean when they go for a sub, I rarely see either fail to get it, unlike most BJJ guys. You can throw in other Sambo practitioners like Fujii and Arlovski. Arlovski rarely goes to the ground, but when he wants a sub he gets it. See his achilles lock on Sylvia or his fight against Aaron Brink.

So most BJJ guys miss their subs while sambo guys rarely fail?

Among the elite of each respective style, yes.

Sambo
1.) Fedor has only missed one sub and that was against a 7'2'' 360 pound Korean.
2.) Fujii hasn't missed any that I recall. She's also number 1 PFP and undefeated like Fedor. She won by submission 12 out of 15 fights.
3.) Amir didn't miss any in his short, but potentially promising career.

BJJ
1.) Jacare missed numerous sub attempts. In his fight with Mayhem alone he had numerous chances to sub him. There is even a picture of Mayhem laughing at his leg lock attempt.

2.) Arona has missed numerous sub attempts as well. The fight against Rampage comes to mind or even his LnP against Fedor. In fact, Fedor reversed Arona from mount many a time. Arona's also lucky RINGS didn't allow GnP.

3.) Pe de Pano couldn't even sub Arlovski on the ground. Arlovski had no problem defending on the ground and as soon as Herb-A-Dean stepped away he GnPed PDP to hell.

Clearly I am trolling and you are a master of everything! :rolleyes:

Im still incredulous at how ignorant you are.

Honest question - have you ever, in your entire life, watched an mma fight?

I laughed at both the carryover from the other thread and the ts b/c i've heard this joke before.

You've implied something similar to that degree, he is not very far off. Don't pretend to act innocent.

I never even hinted Judo in any of my posts, so I believe I have the right to be upset. Also I claimed Sambo guys have higher percentages among attempted subs, not that they never miss.

Anaconda, it's a shame you have to cheap shot me everywhere I go and post my old posts on threads that have nothing to do about me. Also your last two arguments have been fallacious (ad hominem and straw man respectively).

now now children, this may be getting out of hand. It's not his fault that he was fed sambo propaganda and believes flawless submissions exist on a regular basis

fedor has only ever missed 1 sub attempt. ever. wow.

edit:

damn anaconda you beat me to it, i did the exact same thing

There's a fellow in my dojo who points out that Yamashita has never shown up on our mats (we're in northern Canada), and jokes that's all the proof you need that Yamashita is dodging doing randori with him. It's actually kind of funny when you see him act and speak it out.

PS - he's not serious.

sounds like he is just messing with you.. Even though its a bad joke, just go "haha, time to roll?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back