My Grandparents Were Married for 52yrs and Had 14 Kids

Smokes

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I hope Me and My Wife can make it that long. They had good and bad time but more than anything, they had each other. The both passes away about 20 yrs ago but left us with a lot of memories and a family that still gets together every 2 yrs for a Huge family reunion. They were just awesome people to know.

qWIACoU.jpg

No real idea of why I made this thread other than my daughter is having to do a family tree for school and it pretty cool to say my grandparents lasted 50+ yrs together.

But legit mine were married 68 years and both died within 2 months of each other earlier this year.

Usually when marriages last a long time, when one goes the other follows shortly after. I think there's a real beauty to that. You lived so long together that you can no longer live without them.

Usually when marriages last a long time, when one goes the other follows shortly after. I think there's a real beauty to that. You lived so long together that you can no longer live without them.

Yeah, I joked to my brother that my grandad probably died from a broken heart. Then when you think about it, I don’t think it’s that crazy an idea.

Not in the literal sense of course, but when you’re 90 and you have to go through the stress and heart break of losing your life long spouse it’s got to have a big effect on your own health.

That's awesome. My wife and I just hit 22 years last Saturday. I can easily see us making 50 (barring anything unfortunate happening).

Yeah, I joked to my brother that my grandad probably died from a broken heart. Then when you think about it, I don’t think it’s that crazy an idea.

Not in the literal sense of course, but when you’re 90 and you have to go through the stress and heart break of losing your life long spouse it’s got to have a big effect on your own health.

I would agree he did. In marriage you become one and when you spent nearly 3/4 of a century together when your other half goes you feel empty and don't want to go on. Clearly I'm assuming this cause Ive never experienced it but it's pretty common in long marriages.

I hope Me and My Wife can make it that long. They had good and bad time but more than anything, they had each other. The both passes away about 20 yrs ago but left us with a lot of memories and a family that still gets together every 2 yrs for a Huge family reunion. They were just awesome people to know.

qWIACoU.jpg

No real idea of why I made this thread other than my daughter is having to do a family tree for school and it pretty cool to say my grandparents lasted 50+ yrs together.
For a second I was expecting a picture of stu and Helen hart with all their kids

My mom's parents are dead from smoking and we don't talk to my dad parents because they were abusive to my dad and his sisters.This thread reeks of grandparent privilege.

Wow, 14 is just ridiculous. It would be like being a teacher all the time hahaha

That’s awesome. My wife and I will be celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary in 2 weeks. We dated for a few years before that so we’ve been together for 33 years, and still going strong.

Wow, 14 is just ridiculous. It would be like being a teacher all the time hahaha

There is a 19 yr gap between the oldest and the youngest. 3 of them have the same birthday on 3 different yrs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shawn_bogart
Back