My god he looked so impressive...

cerrone knocked out siver 2 minutes into round 1 in their fight

one-sided striking exhibition with some light grappling. the Aldo fight will be awesome.

Only an idiot thinks that wasnt impressive.

Love the guy who was like Siver is a "handpicked fringe top 10er".... damn right, and Conor just beat a top 10er, with double digit UFC wins and made it look easy.

Literally he gave Siver NO room to breathe. His movement is impeccable. Find me something technical in that fight he did bad... stop with all this "gift TS crap". Aldo has already fought Edgar, Lamas and Mendes. Next is Cub who just lost. Cub also lost the first round aginst Siver... a fringe top 10 guy

The Cub fight was before Siver got popped for PEDs. Siver looked like a slow, stiff, middle aged guy tonight, as expected, including by Zuffa. That fight proved nothing, surprised no one, and accomplished what the UFC hoped it would to sell the fight with Aldo.

Defending it by calling people names makes you seem desperate, like you have an agenda.

Only an idiot thinks that wasnt impressive.

Love the guy who was like Siver is a "handpicked fringe top 10er".... damn right, and Conor just beat a top 10er, with double digit UFC wins and made it look easy.

Literally he gave Siver NO room to breathe. His movement is impeccable. Find me something technical in that fight he did bad... stop with all this "gift TS crap". Aldo has already fought Edgar, Lamas and Mendes. Next is Cub who just lost. Cub also lost the first round aginst Siver... a fringe top 10 guy

There's a difference between saying it was impressive and saying that it proved everything they were saying about Conor being another Mayweather or Jon Jones is true. The former is true, the latter, not so much. This was a 36 year old man who was probably in quite a bit worse fighting shape then he was even a year and a half ago and was probably fighting without the use of certain PEDs for the first time in a long time. Conor was impressive, that word applies in this context. But he did not show all of the hype surrounding him to be true.

You guys can make all the excuses you want, once McGregor tko's Aldo you will finally have to bow to the king like the peasants that you are!

Because no 1, 2 and 4 all fought for the title. Number 4 embarresed himself doing so. Number 3 just lost.

Number 6 just lost. Number 7 just lost. Number 8 doesnt have a top 10 win. Number 9 has a loss to number 1 & 3. Number 10 just lost.

Literally the only guys in the top 10 on a win streak: Edgar, Lamas, Lentz, Conor.

Its not just about who you beat, its who else is there.

You can make a case for Frankie. BUT why not strike while the iron is hot. Frankie can go beat a low level guy then get his shot

You can't honestly be naive to how the UFC orchestrated this, with Cub having to fight Edgar. I mean, you know the UFC gets to pick the fights right?They could have put Connor in there with one of the guys who fought in November: Frankie, Cub, or Lamas, but they wanted Siver. Siver won his last fight against a late replacement, and his fight before that he got popped for PED's, and before that he lost. Nobody gave Siver a chance, the betting odds were ridiculous, and the fight went as expected, and it gives the moneymaking fight the UFC wanted. This wasn't a contender fight, it was the start of the marketing for the Aldo fight.

Perfect stylistic matchup. Not surprising what happened. UFC has got you all on their strings.

Most people that aren't even McG fans knew he had this fight won as soon as it was announced. They've been protecting him just so Aldo has a new exciting contender. We'll see if Connor can keep this up with this HUGE step up in competition. But I can't be too impressed since this is what I expected. There was no way Siver was going to win this, I still can't believe this was the fight the UFC setup to give McG a title shot afterwards. But then again, I can believe it...

You can't honestly be naive to how the UFC orchestrated this, with Cub having to fight Edgar. I mean, you know the UFC gets to pick the fights right?They could have put Connor in there with one of the guys who fought in November: Frankie, Cub, or Lamas, but they wanted Siver. Siver won his last fight against a late replacement, and his fight before that he got popped for PED's, and before that he lost. Nobody gave Siver a chance, the betting odds were ridiculous, and the fight went as expected, and it gives the moneymaking fight the UFC wanted. This wasn't a contender fight, it was the start of the marketing for the Aldo fight.

so what? 45 needed this BIG time. nothing but rematches on the table, what do you want? this is gonna be one hell of a fight IMO and i'm glad it's happening. so the UFC orchestrated this? well... GREAT JOB UFC, keep up the great work.

The thread title sounded sarcastic, but the post not so much.

I'm unsure what to think.

I am right with you. The three dots in the title also signaled a twist... that never came.

Yeah, he seemed completely relaxed too. That was very impressive.

this was a fill-in fight. you don't go from the #5 guy to the number #10-11 guy with a star if a big money title fight is available. too much risk. Aldo fights rarely and is injury prone. this one was to fill in that space while getting a big gate in the process.

it's either make Conor sit out and wait for Aldo, have him fight someone to keep him busy, or match him up with someone better who's already lost to Aldo. The former makes the most sense, they chose the middle road.

Conor's striking, movement and fluidity makes the skill set of every other fighter in the UFC look garbage by comparison.

Conor makes Anderson's best 'matrix' moment look like a b movie.

1st time ive seen him fight and he seems like a white Silva. Just great natural talent and movement, plus the arrogance to back it up. Does he have a chin? I heard his ground game is lacking but seems like a hard guy to get down, with his open stance. He can beat Aldo for sure.

McGOAT fans are more delusional than he is.

Aldo by dismemberment.

Fight pics will adorn Cannibal Corpse new album.

Back