My girlfriend started Jiu Jitsu last night...

I don't know what's worse, that she thinks it is gay and retarded or that she thinks the halfway point in your life is at 29.

I brought up the same point. I was hoping to have my mid-life crisis around 45 or so. Atleast then I'll have enough money saved up to buy a yacht or a really expensive sports car. THAT'S a mid-life crisis. Anyway, sorry to hijack the thread.

Unfortunately, I think this will not end well for your relationship. Goodluck with that and always remember there are only two Outcomes to any relationship; 1: you break up/divorce 2: one of you dies.

Harsh but think about it.

Bonnie and Clyde died together, so there's always a third option.

:icon_chee

I brought up the same point. I was hoping to have my mid-life crisis around 45 or so. Atleast then I'll have enough money saved up to buy a yacht or a really expensive sports car. THAT'S a mid-life crisis. Anyway, sorry to hijack the thread.

pretty immature of her imo. Oh well :/

Unfortunately, I think this will not end well for your relationship. Goodluck with that and always remember there are only two Outcomes to any relationship; 1: you break up/divorce 2: one of you dies.

Harsh but think about it.

wow, buzz killington joined the forum

I've been training with my girl friend in BJJ and other martial arts now for four months. It's fun, she's become quite the MMA fan in the meantime.

You're going to love the influence this has on your......"relationship". :)

Would it then be acceptable to throw up a triangle during sex?

I turned my wifee into an MMA fan, but she won't train. She works out every day and is super into fitness, but she hates cauli ear. She can appreciate it and doesn't think it's gay or retarded or that I am having a mid life crisis.

@ AaronWindy, yes... yes I am. In fact we've already started working on that.
@ Ballzilla, I'd be offended if you didn't.

lucky guy with a cool girlfriend for sure.

my wife doesn't like mma or bjj (though i've taught her the arm bar from closed guard) and as another poster mentioned, i think it's cool to have our own personal hobbies and/or fitness regimes. wife does pilates & yoga while i do bjj. it's good to have separate time, too.

@ AaronWindy, yes... yes I am. In fact we've already started working on that.
@ Ballzilla, I'd be offended if you didn't.

You know you can multi-quote ppl right?

When my girlfriend was going back to school in a rough neighborhood and talked about not feeling safe I said, 'how would you like to break an attackers arm if they push you down'? She said yes.

Met my gf at judo class been 4 years now. She was going to spinning class but couldnt attend anymore due to time constraints, i call that BS and my philosophy is that working out must be in and/or for a sport, never just because.

So i recently started competitive judo again, coupled with competitive grappling, so i can't go to bjj class, i tell my gf she needs to workout and get a hobby, i tell her join bjj class, she tells me what it is, i tell her its similar to judo but with no slams and show her some videos of mundials. She is excited over choking and locks and of course the lack of slamming (she has injuries from high school track and field).

Yesterday was her "trial" class, she is pretty optimistic.

If i ever get to do some naked rolling i think its going to be well invested money.

My wife trained, but then she dislocated her knee while rolling and got skittish. She still comes, but does a standup class while we roll.

Thanks guys, I think I've got a keeper haha.

either that or your training a girl to beat your ass after you break up! hahaha My wife will roll with me and she drills things but, just doesn't have the time to go to a class. work, school and kids makes it hard.

Lucky bastard. I've been trying to get my girl to do muay thai or boxing with me. She could throw a softball at 60+ miles per hour... I'm dying to see her uppercut. lol.

Back