My girlfriend started Jiu Jitsu last night...

Podgorny

Green Belt
Reaction score
My girlfriend started Jiu Jitsu last night and she loved it! I made her watch the 2008Mundials with me, and she's came and watched me in class. She got really interested, to the point she'd pay attention to everything that was being said, drilled, or done on th mat. She's been wanting to train for a long time, and she's finally taken the leap. I must say I'm quite happy right now. She has a smooth knee slide pass, and a nice tight armbar from guard as well. Pretty soon she'll kick my ass every time we wrestle.

You lucky bastard, I can't tell you how many times I've tried to get my girlfriend interested in Jiu Jitsu.

I've tried to get my wife to train repeatedly. She refuses. You're a lucky guy.

Thanks guys, I think I've got a keeper haha.

My wife starts Monday. She did the intro and enjoyed it. She jokingly threw a RNC on me the other day randomly and I laughed at first until I almost passed out. I'll get her back on the mats... :)

My wife thinks it's gay, retarded and that I'm going through a mid-life crisis. I'm 29.

My wife starts Monday. She did the intro and enjoyed it. She jokingly threw a RNC on me the other day randomly and I laughed at first until I almost passed out. I'll get her back on the mats... :)

Thats awesome! Better be careful, the Mrs. always knows your weaknesses!

My wife thinks it's gay, retarded and that I'm going through a mid-life crisis. I'm 29.

Oh wow, thats crazy. A mid-life crisis at 29? Thats heavy, but at least you're sticking to it. If its something you enjoy do it, no matter what the wife says (in theory, I've never been married)...

My girlfriend started Jiu Jitsu last night and she loved it! I made her watch the 2008Mundials with me, and she's came and watched me in class. She got really interested, to the point she'd pay attention to everything that was being said, drilled, or done on th mat. She's been wanting to train for a long time, and she's finally taken the leap. I must say I'm quite happy right now. She has a smooth knee slide pass, and a nice tight armbar from guard as well. Pretty soon she'll kick my ass every time we wrestle.

That's great, I can't wait tell I roll with your girlfriend and show her the armless triangle.

I've always had mixed feelings about this kind of thing. I love my wife and enjoy spending time with her, but I kind of like the her hobbies my hobbies thing.

To be honest, I am glad my girl does not train. It gives me some time by myself and with the guys.

She is interested in the training but understands that we each need our space. For example, she is a runner and I let her run by herself.

I can understand that and its respectable, and it'll always be my thing. I told her before we began our relationship that my jiu jitsu comes before everything else and she was cool with it. It'll still be time to myself, I can just focus on rolling with someone else if I need to.

My girlfriend ended up winning a gold medal before me... but I have more! lol

mw wife thinks about the same - but only in a joking matter.

Mine's dead serious. This is honestly the only thing she's never supported me in. I don't care. I'm having fun and I've dropped 10 lbs so far. Can't argue with results.

Unfortunately, I think this will not end well for your relationship. Goodluck with that and always remember there are only two Outcomes to any relationship; 1: you break up/divorce 2: one of you dies.

Harsh but think about it.

Back