My Friend is a Delusional Conor Groupie :(

Here's an exercise to help your "friend" from 196:

Have him watch Nate touch Conor with the jab. Tell him this is a "1." Then show him Nate throwing the jab followed by a cross, and make him repeat, "This is a 1-2." Have him count how many 1's Nate throws (with no cross.) Next, have him count how many 1-2's Nate throws. Have him compare the number of 1's to 1-2's.

If he says, "Holy shit, Nate tricked Conor by throwing a lot more jabs! He set him up!" Then your "friend" is cured. If he doesn't get it, walk away.

We have been watching UFCs together since UFC 100. He usually a very rational human being, but for some reason, Conor brings out this side in him that is irrational and insane.

When Conor first was scheduled to fight Nate, he said it would make a decent tune up fight. I said Nate was his toughest test to date (feel free to check my posts). He said Conor could beat Nate and RDA in the same night.

After the loss, I thought that shit was over. He was devastated but seemed pretty rational about his weaknesses and such as well as the general humanity that makes any fighter susceptible to a loss at any point. As we approach the rematch, he has reverted back to his insanity. Now he is talking about how McGregor only lost the first time because he underestimated Nate and he's talking about how it is the best thing to ever happen to him because he will kill Nate in the rematch, dethrone Eddie Alvarez, and then whoever is the welterweight champ too. I cannot even fucking believe it.

I have literally never seen my friend like this. He is usually very smart and can separate his emotions from his analysis. Why does Conor bring out the craziest most delusional ideas from fans?

Bro, he's telling you to MOUNT him, GROUND and POUND him and then he'll give you some NECK for the finish. Sounds like a great time

Back