My free book for you

Sayfre just took this thread places.

Bold move, friendo.

The author should post that on his Facebook, the cover remix by SafyreSchool.

I'm calling Copyright Infringement bro.

gothg.png

LOL.

Not to be a dick, but that's one of the most bland titles I've ever read.

Bland enough to be top 5* (hope it hasn't fallen yet) in Amazon's Paranormal Fantasy category! :D http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/digital-text/6157853011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_kstore_1_5_last

A chick with a better chin than those two? Is she Kryptonian?

Almost... she also picks up a 400 pound guy and walks with him downstairs at one point. It's blatantly over-the-top unrealistic, in a (intended to be) fun way. She's a peak human I guess. :D

Sales don't equate originality or artistic talent man, you should know that.

Not saying you don't have either, just making a point.

But do you really think 'Gothic Warrior' and 'The Dark Man' are really out of the ordinary names in a genre like that?

Sales don't equate originality or artistic talent man, you should know that.

I know, I was just being a Jon Jones but with regard to the title, I just go with whichever title first comes to mind as long as it sounds decent lol. Probably almost no titles are really original considering how many millions of books have been published by now, it's serviceable in conveying what the story is about at least...

"she'd probably enjoy chattering more with some shallow teenage boy..."

"and he heard the sound of..."

although so far there have been a few cringe worthy moments i liked the fedor arlovski reference and the "gib up" reference. also saw the "not impressed with yor performance" one

also is it just because I'm high or does this not make sense

"Loki? So are you her son or something?"
"Uh, no.. Freya's not even a year older than me..."
"Kidding, son. I don't think Loki even is Freya's son...is he?"
"No," Freya said...

also is it just because I'm high or does this not make sense

"Loki? So are you her son or something?"
"Uh, no.. Freya's not even a year older than me..."
"Kidding, son. I don't think Loki even is Freya's son...is he?"
"No," Freya said...

It's a Thor reference, Loki (the real one not the kid in the story) is raised by Odin and Freya is Odin's wife but Loki isn't actually her son since he's adopted. Lincoln is making a joke that since his nick/stage name is Loki, he must be like her (step)son.

Yeah a couple of grammatical mistakes there, it can be hard to catch them since your mind fills in the missing stuff... time to edit.

Also, when she went for the knee I was imagining more what happened to Struve against Travis Browne than what happened to AA.

And readers of all walks will come to learn that if this is Wong, you don't wanna be right!

I lost.

Anyway, good for you for sticking to it and finishing the book.

You should be proud of yourself.

Anyway, good for you for sticking to it and finishing the book.

Well it's 44 pages, not a very big feat... the one it carries a teaser for is 316 though.

So about Tim Sylvia after dinner weight class.

Well it's 44 pages, not a very big feat... the one it carries a teaser for is 316 though.

So about Tim Sylvia after dinner weight class.

And there was me feeling like a crook for wanting to split my 400 page novel into four parts.

The Dark Man? The politically correct term is African American.

This is a solid marketing ploy though. The more downloads and comments he gets, the higher his book will rank for his specific niche on Amazon, which in turn leads to more money when the KDP Select (free period) is over. I applaud you sir.

This is a solid marketing ploy though. The more downloads and comments he gets, the higher his book will rank for his specific niche on Amazon, which in turn leads to more money when the KDP Select (free period) is over. I applaud you sir.

This is true but you are getting a fun and forum-appropriate story for free, it's not like somebody's getting ripped off.

I do wonder how many of the nearly 2000 DLs so far are by Sherdoggers and MMA Undergrounders, it would be cool if it was a significant portion... the sequel even has MMA internet community references, so this should definitely be a fitting audience. Sherdoggers are probably the most likely people in the world to get all the references in these things. ;)

And the Dark Man refers to both an African-American character and a monster.

Last edited:
And there was me feeling like a crook for wanting to split my 400 page novel into four parts.

It says in the OP and on the product page that it's non-novel length, and it's $0.99 when it's not on free promotion - the lowest price Amazon allows you to set unless you make it perma-free through price matching.

BTW anybody serious about self-publishing in here should go on Kindleboards, they're pretty much the most knowledgeable internet community about it.

It says in the OP and on the product page that it's non-novel length, and it's $0.99 when it's not on free promotion - the lowest price Amazon allows you to set unless you make it perma-free through price matching.

BTW anybody serious about self-publishing in here should go on Kindleboards, they're pretty much the most knowledgeable internet community about it.

I know that. It's just I was feeling guilty about splitting my one book into four parts just to make a bit of extra cash. Now I don't feel so bad about it.

Okay I downloaded your book to my Android, or so it says. Where is it meant to be in it does anyone know?

Okay I downloaded your book to my Android, or so it says. Where is it meant to be in it does anyone know?

Sorry I don't know because I don't have an Android, but if you have a Kindle app for the phone think you can just open up the app and see it in there.

I know that. It's just I was feeling guilty about splitting my one book into four parts just to make a bit of extra cash. Now I don't feel so bad about it.

If it's actually one story split into four parts, you could possibly call it a serial.

Back