My Fitday Project

Corrosion

Creonte
@purple
Reaction score
For my nutrition class, I need to keep track of what I eat on the website Fitday for one week. I think it will be very interesting to get a breakdown on my calories and macronutrients, and before now, I've never been motivated enough to keep track. I have a hard time gaining weight, it will be nice to see my total calories.

I'm going to post exactly what I eat every day and Fitday's breakdown of it. Constructive criticism is appreciated.

My backround/goals:

I am a full time student currently doing 5/3/1 with some singles 4x a week and training BJJ 4x a week with additional grip work thrown in. I work a very active job (lifting heavy concrete, lumber ect. all day). My main goals right now are:
1) Getting better at BJJ
2) Getting stronger
3) Gaining weight

I've been following a pretty simple diet that revolves mostly on meat, eggs, milk, fruit and veggies. Since I'm trying to gain weight, I'm not afraid to indulge either.

Any comments welcome. This should be interesting.

For my nutrition class, I need to keep track of what I eat on the website Fitday for one week. I think it will be very interesting to get a breakdown on my calories and macronutrients, and before now, I've never been motivated enough to keep track. I have a hard time gaining weight, it will be nice to see my total calories.

I'm going to post exactly what I eat every day and Fitday's breakdown of it. Constructive criticism is appreciated.

I think the hardest part of this is in knowing the quantity of the food that you are eating. Do you have scales to weight exactly what you are cooking?

I've been following a pretty simple diet that revolves mostly on meat, eggs, milk, fruit and veggies. Since I'm trying to gain weight, I'm not afraid to indulge either.

That would imply that you can tolerate milk? Have you tried GOMAD? You will gain weight.

My backround/goals:

I am a full time student currently doing 5/3/1 with some singles 4x a week and training BJJ 4x a week with additional grip work thrown in. I work a very active job (lifting heavy concrete, lumber ect. all day). My main goals right now are:
1) Getting better at BJJ
2) Getting stronger
3) Gaining weight

Any comments welcome. This should be interesting.

How many cheat meals are you having ? You have to be careful to not gain to much fat when bulking.

Also I don't see a question in this thread, so I don't even know what feedback you are looking for. Are you letting us know that you are starting a diet log ? Also I see you try to gain weight paleo style (no grains), I'm curious if you will gain a lot of fat on this high fat diet. Good luck

Have you looked at LIVESTRONG.COM - Health, Fitness, Lifestyle | LIVESTRONG.COM I used Fitday before and think Livestrong is better.

JUst sayin.

I need to use Fitday for this project. Not my choice. It's for school.

I think the hardest part of this is in knowing the quantity of the food that you are eating. Do you have scales to weight exactly what you are cooking?

That would imply that you can tolerate milk? Have you tried GOMAD? You will gain weight.

It's not too hard with milk or eggs. My biggest concern is with the meat and veggies, it'll be hard to estimate, but it doesn't need to be 100% to-the-mg accurate for my purposes.

Also, I've done GOMAD before, and while I did gain weight, I just started to get pretty chunky though. I'm trying to gain a little slower this time around.

How many cheat meals are you having ? You have to be careful to not gain to much fat when bulking.

Also I don't see a question in this thread, so I don't even know what feedback you are looking for. Are you letting us know that you are starting a diet log ? Also I see you try to gain weight paleo style (no grains), I'm curious if you will gain a lot of fat on this high fat diet. Good luck

Cheat meals will be whenever I feel like it. I'm not really worried about "accidentally" getting fat. I don't really eat grains normally though.

There is no real question, but when I have everything posted (one week from now) I'd like some opinions on my diet.

September 15, 2010

Breakfast:
3 slices of bacon, 4 extra large fried eggs, 2 slices of American cheese, 2 cups of milk, 7 fish oil capsules,

Snack:
Shake (1 cup of blueberries, 2 cups of milk, protein powder

PWO:
10 large raw eggs

Dinner:
3/4 lb pork, 1 cup of broccoli, 4 cups of milk, 7 fish oils capsules

The breakdown:
Calories 4,459
Fat 274.9
Saturated 107.1
Polyunsaturated 42.1
Monounsaturated 92.9
Carbohydrate 178.9
Dietary Fiber 17.1
Protein 321.3

Wow, I'm taking in more calories than I thought.

to answer your question, yes you need a scale to do it right.

September 15, 2010

Breakfast:
3 slices of bacon, 4 extra large fried eggs, 2 slices of American cheese, 2 cups of milk, 7 fish oil capsules,

Snack:
Shake (1 cup of blueberries, 2 cups of milk, protein powder

PWO:
10 large raw eggs

Dinner:
3/4 lb pork, 1 cup of broccoli, 4 cups of milk, 7 fish oils capsules

The breakdown:
Calories 4,459
Fat 274.9
Saturated 107.1
Polyunsaturated 42.1
Monounsaturated 92.9
Carbohydrate 178.9
Dietary Fiber 17.1
Protein 321.3

Wow, I'm taking in more calories than I thought.

According to fitday this is only 133.5 g carbs without the protein powder.

when im trying to put on size and muscle.. Carbs are a must.. especially post workout... but thats just me

According to fitday this is only 133.5 g carbs without the protein powder.

Are you sure? That wasn't the number it gave me, and the protien powder I use (True Protein whey) has like 3 g or something. My only carbs were from milk, veggies and fruit.

9/16/2010

Breakfast:
3 slices of bacon, 4 extra large fried eggs, 2 sausage links, 2 slices of American cheese, 2 cups of milk, 7 fish oil capsules

Snack:
15 fld oz Starbucks Energy Double Shot

Dinner:
.72 lbs of steak, 2 cups of butternut squash, 1 and 1/2 cups of green beans, 1 cup of scallops with 1 teaspoon of butter, 4 cups of milk, 7 fish oils capsules

The breakdown:
Calories 3,791
Fat 221.0
Saturated 89.1
Polyunsaturated 34.7
Monounsaturated 71.9
Carbohydrate 202.1
Dietary Fiber 7.1
Protein 252.5

Not enough calories, way higher carbs than I'd like (I shouldn't have drank that energy drink).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back