My First UFC Event - UFC 155

UchihaMadara

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I'm from Manila and my girl works in DC area. Before the holiday season she asked me to go to the states, so we can spend the christmas together. Trying to be a good boyfriend, I endure the hardship of getting a US visa and financing my trip abroad. Since that will be my 1st trip to US, she asked where would I like to visit. I told her, I want to watch an NBA game between Lakers and Knicks on Xmas and to eat In N Out burger in LA, attend the New Year's Eve drop ball on New York and the most important is to watch UFC 155 in Vegas. She prepared all the itineraries and we will be trying to accomplished all that in more than a week.

During my stay in DC, I already booked my ticket for UFC 155. I got a $250 tix, which is very expensive by my standard. By that price in Manila, I would already get a VIP seat in a concert of a very well known international artist. Anyway, since that would be my 1st time, I settled with it. We went to LA in Xmas and unfortunately I didnt know that the game will start in 12.30PM and suprisingly the tickets are the same price with the UFC event. After Xmas, we went to Vegas. The 1st day we wasted our time visiting the overrated Grand Canyon. On Dec 29, I forgot to bring my credit card and my confirmation letter for Will Call. So, I wasted some time returning to our hotel just to get that. Lines in ticket were kinda long, so I missed the 1st two fights.

I got to the arena before the Dufee fight. My seat is awesome because I could still see the actions, except when the fighters are on the ground that I need to check the screen. Watching UFC in TV is far better than watching it live because you get the best view of the fights. During the prelims, majority of the seats are still vacant so I can't feel the atmosphere of watching it live. It only picks up during the J-lau fight and of course until the Main Event. Its hard to tell who's winning when watching it live than watching it at home.

Though Wineland had the most significant damage done during the 1st round with Pickett, its hard for me to tell who's winning the last two rounds because nothing significant happen there with Pickett always moving forward and throwing hooks that barely connects. I was afraid that the judges might award the last two rounds to Pickett for his aggression. The first three fights in the Main Card were lackluster. Brunson knowing that he won the fight by last two minutes, just coasted until the bell rung. Boestch had a very bad night, after he was accidentally poke in the eye and the blood blinded him, he gave up. Its irritating that a guy from my row, shouted pussy to Boestch after the eye poke. I like the Okami-Belcher fight but its understandble that some fans hate it. Of course, just like the others, my favorite is the J-Lau fight. We are all standing after this fight. On the other hand, I am suprised that Cain got at least two 10-8 rounds against Cigano. Though its clear that Cain won all the rounds, I can't see why he got a 10-8. I have yet to see the event on TV, so my perception of the fight might still change. Its annoying that many casual fans boo in some of the fights, especially when Cigano was being interviewed by Rogan. I am not being racist, but those who boo are Mexicans who are just proud that Cain won the HW title. After the fight, I tried to get close to the cage to get some glimpse of the UFC stars. I saw Frank Mur, Nate the Great and of course Dana White. I was lucky to have a pic with Dana, he was very accommodating despite all the other fans wanted to have a pic with him. When I remember that I have an event poster I rush to the crowd again to have an autograph of Dana, he told me to be careful that I might rip off the poster. Unfortunately, Cigano and Cain walked out the opposite side of the arena and I can't afford to wait for the post-fight conference because I still a flight within two hours to New York. Going to the hotel lobby, I spotted Bisping outside some bar and some fans approached him to get some pics, he said "OK, just hurry up". I will also try to have a pic with him but he returned immediately inside the bar. Lately I am trying to like Bisping, but after that incident, I know now that he is a dick.

It is nice to experience a live UFC event, but If I were to choose, I would just sit down at the comfort of my room and so that I can pay close attention to the techniques of the fighters. But if the event is held in Brazil, I might change my mind. :icon_chee The crowd there is just crazy.

LOL at Bisping incident, but good for you, I'm from the southeast asia too and my dream is to have UFC in Korea

Man you missed the first two fights that sucks because Leonard Garcia vs Max Holloway was as much as fight of the night as Lauzon vs Miller was. I wish they both would have gotten that bonus.

Also that Bisping story is hilarious and sounds right lol.

I've never been to an event so it was interesting to hear your perspective. After hearing stories like crowd going crazy at the fighters and each other, like Mexicans and Brazilians at 155 and Brazilians at 148 (a lot of people who went said the event was ruined for them because of crazy fans) I don't know I'd want to go to a big pay per view event.

I've always wanted to go to a tuf finale event since it is in Vegas and in a small venue, but I absolutely hated this season of tuf so didn't go even though none of the fighters cept the finale had tuf guys in it.

Thank You for posting. Funny story about Bisping.

Man you missed the first two fights that sucks because Leonard Garcia vs Max Holloway was as much as fight of the night as Lauzon vs Miller was. I wish they both would have gotten that bonus.

Also that Bisping story is hilarious and sounds right lol.

I've never been to an event so it was interesting to hear your perspective. After hearing stories like crowd going crazy at the fighters and each other, like Mexicans and Brazilians at 155 and Brazilians at 148 (a lot of people who went said the event was ruined for them because of crazy fans) I don't know I'd want to go to a big pay per view event.

I've always wanted to go to a tuf finale event since it is in Vegas and in a small venue, but I absolutely hated this season of tuf so didn't go even though none of the fighters cept the finale had tuf guys in it.

well, i will check the Garcia-Holloway fight if i have a time. I didnt know that the prelims started as early as 3.45 in Vegas..

I dont know why Bisping is such as dick, maybe he can't handled his popularity. I cant wait till we see another Vitor HL KO.

Back