My first successful dead orchard finish in competition

NoGiRonin

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Hey Grappling Forum Sherbros!

Yesterday I competed in a local sub only BJJ tournament. They had no gi and gi divisions. I entered the advanced no gi division. It was a nicely run tourney, and I won both my gi and no gi divisions. But my favorite part of the tournament was my first match in the no gi division. I was going against an opponent who decided to play close and tight in my guard. I was able to go from rubber guard, to double bagger to dead orchard. After I got him in the dead orchard, I was able to finish him with a short armbar. It was exciting for me, because it was my first time finishing a submission from the dead orchard position in competition. I wanted to share it with ya'll. Video below!

Good stuff. Thay dude looked pretty strong but pretty uncomfortable with 10th planet guard work.
Congrats

Nice stuff. Don't know those goofy names lol but good work.

Wow nice job, I have never even thought about attempting one, nice!

Nice job.

You need a new camera and camera man. Low quality vertical videos should not exist any more.

What is a dead orchard.
It's pretty much just a body triangle from guard around the person's shoulders. Also known as the high body triangle. Gambledub did an extensive video on it. The name itself comes from Nathan Orchard, although I'm not sure if he named it himself or someone else did.

you got some flexibility right there man, nice. I wish I had 1/4 of yours.

Thank ya'll! I really love the position a lot due to the submission possibilities. In another match, I also was able to hit a sweep from Keenan's krab guard.

Back