My first submission match

tell me how I'm wrong, or your the troll. You ever competed before? enlighten me, please....

Yes, I train and compete often, under a legit BB in legit school. I just don't understand how you could say its stupid to pull guard in no gi. Like I don't get it at all? I really don't understand what you're saying at all. Do you know ANYTHING at competitive BJJ?

Why don't you both explain why you think you can't pull guard in no gi, and while you think you can.

For the record, you can. Even closed guard, if you have the necessary grips. Obviously the guy in the video has no idea how do to it right, but nobody is debating that.

I'll give it a go.
While many question the merits of closed guard in todays evolving No-Gi BJJ game, Bottom players are still going strong, with superb performances from Cobrinha, Mendez, Ryan Hall, and countless other it seems painfully obvious that bottom players are a dominant force in BJJ, in addition many of these players feel more comfortable and operate better off of their backs. Why would they not pull some kind of guard where they have an advantage?

I'll explain the position of pulling guard in no-gi.

For me it's this simple: don't give up the two takedown points.

My guard is the strongest part of my game. Why wait and get behind by two points to a wrestler. I just pull guard and work.

Sometimes I just sit down. Sometimes I jump guard. Sometimes I try an arm drag and pull half-guard. It doesn't matter.

Yes, I train and compete often, under a legit BB in legit school. I just don't understand how you could say its stupid to pull guard in no gi. Like I don't get it at all? I really don't understand what you're saying at all. Do you know ANYTHING at competitive BJJ?

yes. . And anyone that competes should know if you drop back on your ass you lose 2 points. Now he stated this was a sub only tourney... but it obviously isn't a good idea to fall on your ass and attempt to pull guard ... with no grips on anything. I found it funny.

I'll add this. I do all this guard-pulling as a Judo brown belt.

I'll explain the position of pulling guard in no-gi.

For me it's this simple: don't give up the two takedown points.

My guard is the strongest part of my game. Why wait and get behind by two points to a wrestler. I just pull guard and work.

Sometimes I just sit down. Sometimes I jump guard. Sometimes I try an arm drag and pull half-guard. It doesn't matter.

Maybe my wording wasn't construing what i was trying to say properly. My LOL was more at the attempt, not the act of pulling guard.

And anyone that competes should know if you drop back on your ass you lose 2 points.

Not true at all. If you initiate the guard pull, there's no points for or against anyone. If he grabs a leg and you pull guard, that's a different story.

Or at least that's how it's scored in most of the major competitions.

Not true at all. If you initiate the guard pull, there's no points for or against anyone. If he grabs a leg and you pull guard, that's a different story.

Or at least that's how it's scored in most of the major competitions.

It wasn't really a guard pull attempt, he sort of reached for it, and fell back.. if it was a point scored match, he would of lost 2 points.

It wasn't really a guard pull attempt, he sort of reached for it, and fell back.. if it was a point scored match, he would of lost 2 points.

They have to be touching/grabbing a leg/foot for it to be two points, and in many competitions like grapplers quest if you initiate guard while engaged they have to engage your guard, do YOU ever compete or even know what you're talking about?

They have to be touching/grabbing a leg/foot for it to be two points, and in many competitions like grapplers quest if you initiate guard while engaged they have to engage your guard, do YOU ever compete or even know what you're talking about?

Ok genius... watch the video and then try and tell me the kid wouldn't of lost 2 points... before trying to school me on the rules of competitive jiu jitsu.

Ok genius... watch the video and then try and tell me the kid wouldn't of lost 2 points... before trying to school me on the rules of competitive jiu jitsu.

They might have given him 2 points because the guy was trying to get up when TS rushed him, but there would not have been 2 points for the guard pull part.

They might have given him 2 points because the guy was trying to get up when TS rushed him, but there would not have been 2 points for the guard pull part.

obviously :rolleyes:

Edit: Again, I think what I was trying to say was worded / taken the wrong way.

Back