My first First Amateur Muay Thai Fight (video)

Christfig

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys , ive been training muay thai for 8 month out here in the Bronx at Lions Roar Muay Thai . I just had my first amateur fight and i could think of no other place to post it up to get some good criticism.

This fight i was at 207 , im not sure of the other guys weight. Im the one in the black and gold trunks. obviously lol

Please excuse my dumb taunt , it happened out of sheer excitement.

It looked, well, amateurish. Kinda like two drunks guys swinging cause the other guy knocked over his beer.

Like everyone else said, there's nothing much here to critique. Everyones first fight is shit. Nearly everyone gets over excited or overwhelmed and doesn't fight anything like how they spar or hit pads.

Have a couple more then post fights up here. You got your first fight out the way and you won, can't ask for more than that. I thought the taunt was pretty awsome, don't be afraid to show some character in fights.

Youre going to get knocked out if you keep fighting like that, and the dancing after the knockdowns is beyond disrespectful.

You knock your opponent down, you walk over to your corner, and wait to see if they can continue, not thrust your groin and make yourself look like an ass.

Anyway:
  • Youre flatfooted. You need to get some more bounce.
  • Also, you cross your feet way too often, youre going to cut yourself off.
  • Youre also reaching into your opponent's posture, keep your left shoulders equidistant. Youre standing in the perfect place for him to kick, and if you dont change that, some skinny, sharp shinned motherfuck is going to break your ribs.
  • You also do not guard your face at all when you throw punches.
  • Speaking of your punches, you need to go over them if youre going adopt that style. Youre throwing like it's a streetfight, and youre going to break you hands if you keep that up.
Youre an athletic guy, but that will only get you so far. Im going to be blunt and say your technique is terrible.

Im not one of those douches who will act like you'll never improve, because you will, no doubt, but at this point, youre not fighting, youre scrapping. Save that style for backyard brawls, the ring is not a place for that.

Good luck with your training, keep us updated with your progress.

Also, be more respectful toward your opponent next time.

the taunt after the first knockdown was perfect though
2zye5vr_th.jpg

the taunt after the first knockdown was perfect though
2zye5vr_th.jpg

it's fucking bullshit.

If i was his trainer, i'd hop in that fucking ring and tell him to act cocky toward someone who can kick the fuck out of him, instead of his opponent who is trying to improve as well and showed him absolutely no disrespect.

It's stupid and juvenile.

Youre going to get knocked out if you keep fighting like that, and the dancing after the knockdowns is beyond disrespectful.

You knock your opponent down, you walk over to your corner, and wait to see if they can continue, not thrust your groin and make yourself look like an ass.

Anyway:
  • Youre flatfooted. You need to get some more bounce.
  • Also, you cross your feet way too often, youre going to cut yourself off.
  • Youre also reaching into your opponent's posture, keep your left shoulders equidistant. Youre standing in the perfect place for him to kick, and if you dont change that, some skinny, sharp shinned motherfuck is going to break your ribs.
  • You also do not guard your face at all when you throw punches.
  • Speaking of your punches, you need to go over them if youre going adopt that style. Youre throwing like it's a streetfight, and youre going to break you hands if you keep that up.
Youre an athletic guy, but that will only get you so far. Im going to be blunt and say your technique is terrible.

Im not one of those douches who will act like you'll never improve, because you will, no doubt, but at this point, youre not fighting, youre scrapping. Save that style for backyard brawls, the ring is not a place for that.

Good luck with your training, keep us updated with your progress.

Also, be more respectful toward your opponent next time.

IT's his first fight, if you had had a first fight you would know that neafrly everyone loses all the technique they've learnt and fights like a brawler. You can't comment on what somones style is from there first fight.

Also you go to the neutral corners on a knock down not your own.

IT's his first fight, if you had had a first fight you would know that neafrly everyone loses all the technique they've learnt and fights like a brawler. You can't comment on what somones style is from there first fight.

Also you go to the neutral corners on a knock down not your own.

"Your corner" = the corner the ref instructs you to go toward, mr. specific.
post it up to get some good criticism.

Im giving him tips, this is the standup forum. I am more than familiar with standing up, and im just telling him what he needs to work on, the same as i would expect from this place if i posted my first fight.

And yes, i CAN comment on someone's style from their first fight, that's where you analyze what someone actually does.

*just read where TS addressed the taunt; good job mate, at least you understood.

Im giving him tips, this is the standup forum. I am more than familiar with standing up, and im just telling him what he needs to work on, the same as i would expect from this place if i posted my first fight.

And yes, i CAN comment on someone's style from their first fight, that's where you analyze what someone actually does.

You can analyze it but it's absoloutely pointless because as I already said eeryone is very nerous on there first fight and performs very poorly compared to how they spar and hit pads.

You need to have three of four fights at least before you can even start to see peoples style showing through.

You can analyze it but it's absoloutely pointless because as I already said eeryone is very nerous on there first fight and performs very poorly compared to how they spar and hit pads.

You need to have three of four fights at least before you can even start to see peoples style showing through.

He asked for tips.
I gave them
Hop off the sack.

He needs some tips alot of horrible technique there.

- work on your non-existent clinch game and throw some knees.

good on you for getting in there. you might have a bit of power with some better technique.

Other guy sure liked getting punched in the face

I like how he just dropped himself somehow. I got to admit a guy at my kickboxing club is going for his first ammy K-1 rules fight and after seeing that I'm thinking about not going even though he had a couple of good ammy MMA wins already.

Back