my first boxing match

imajin

White Belt
Reaction score
I've been training for about a month and a half for a charity boxing match. I had about 10 sessions with my coach former canadian lightweight champ Mario Lechowski. I normaly weigh about 195lbs but lost alot of weight over the summer due to a case of strep throat, and a shoulder injury from the gym (clavicular Osteolysis) Shockwave therapy along with a cortizone shot in august allowed me to start training the second week of september. The fight was at 179lbs. Luckily I had the flu last week which made me drop another 4 lbs (not really luckily but whatever). My opponent was shorter than me, but thick like an ox so I knew he had alot of power. He also trained alot more than me (my fault). Anyhow My fight was last night and here is how it went:

First round:

He came out like a wild animal pushing me and throwing any kind of punch. I knew if i weathered the storm he would tire himself out. At one point he spun me backwards and the ref warned me not to give him my back. He bullrushed me again and hit me with an elbow and i turned my back again. Another warning from the ref. I got a bit more comfortable and started tagging him back a few times but the round was over.
His round due to being more aggresive.

Second round:

Lots of jabs, rights, and left hooks. It was back and forth but I hit him with a solid uppercut which turned the fight around completely.

Third round:

Brawl on Bay Street - Leo the Lion Silva on Vimeo

yes i know I'm no pro...remember 10 training sessions of 40 minutes.

You're still better than Brock.

You fight with the right idea brother, but you need to watch those feet. Don't ever let them get under you like that with a smaller fighter, you let him get the better of you on the inside by letting him stay in your chest and dictate you backwards.

You fight with the right idea brother, but you need to watch those feet. Don't ever let them get under you like that with a smaller fighter, you let him get the better of you on the inside by letting him stay in your chest and dictate you backwards.

thanks! need to work on my foot coordinatino for sure!

thanks! need to work on my foot coordinatino for sure!

Yea...everytime you threw your right, your right foot came off the ground a little bit, you can't generate any power that way, you're lunging a bit too much, maintain disclipline and keep your hands up. A solidly timed straight 1-2 would have KO'd him more efficiently, but that was a pretty good fight all things considered.

Wow, I can't believe they allowed both of you to even enter a ring. Looked horrible. I apologize for my negativity but there are no positive things to say about this.

Wow, I can't believe they allowed both of you to even enter a ring. Looked horrible. I apologize for my negativity but there are no positive things to say about this.

listen to this guy..... what a prick...

i myself can say lots of good things about this...
# 1 it went to charity.
# 2 you have the guts and drive to compete in front of what sounded like a big crowd .
# 3 you won by ko !
# 4 you shared this with us ! thanks ts keep up the good work man !
# 5 it went to charity

congrats, man.

horrible technique but you do have heart!

hey one of the guys that train at my gym fought at that event, there seems to be a guy hating on the muay thai shorts in the comments section lol

*link fixed*

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back