My fights from the NY Golden Gloves...

Great stuff Anthony, I look forward to seeing the fight.

Hey guys sorry about the wait...the day started off when i went to the city to weighin around 11, i weighed in a lb under thanks to the weightcutting thread...but anywayz i made weight and hung around the whole day at the affinia in the city, 6 o clock i had to be back at msg where i waited to go on around 8:45...anywayz the first round started off feeling eachother out a bit and i noticed i could land my jab at will so i used it to set some other stuff later on. we traded some combos and i noticed he wasnt as strong as i thought he would be so i wasnt afraid to get in and strike to the body...towards the end of the round he kept his hand high so i teed off to the body with some cotto-esque shots haha 2nd round started off and like i ssaid i used my jab a lot and i would hit the body with it and come over with an over hand right which landed on the button and sent him back...i went after him on the ropes til he got out of the corner...third round we pretty much went after eachother and i moved my head a lot, i noticed he couldnt figure out my defense so i just kept with it...anywayz i won by a unanimous decision and boy am i pumped hah thanks again for your support and ill get the video up sometime when it gets on msg, because my friend who taped it did horrible job because he wasexcited haha

hey man...the fights was on MSG? I might be able to help you get a DVD for yourself. PM me if you're interested.

Did you box in the open or novice division? I'm guessing it was open if it was on MSG

i did novice, but im pretty sure they play both nights for the present year, like for example next year when they do classics, they wouldn't play mine becaue i was novice this year, but im pretty sure they play the full event the year of? i hope haha

Hey guys, just letting you know that if you get the Madison Square Garden channel, my fight will be on around 8 o clock. The event starts at 7:30 but I was told that my fight would air around 8:00PM tonight from the Golden Gloves Finals. Check it out and lemme know what you think.

Hey guys, just letting you know that if you get the Madison Square Garden channel, my fight will be on around 8 o clock. The event starts at 7:30 but I was told that my fight would air around 8:00PM tonight from the Golden Gloves Finals. Check it out and lemme know what you think.

good to know....thanks for the heads up.

EDIT: Anthony...I have good news check your PM.

Hey Anthony, watched your fight since I happen to be in NYC this weekend. Great work, and you definitely outclassed the dude you were fighting. I like how sneaky your left hook is. I saw you lead with it, I saw it come through in the middle of a combo, and I saw you end a combo with it. I likes. Excellent work and congrats.

thanks guyz i appreciate it! haha im gonna have it up on youtube soon, i didnt realize how awesome it looks on tv

hey guys i just posted the video of the golden gloves finals on youtube...if you guys didnt see it check out my first post, i added it there and lemme kno what ya think thanks!

I think you are quite a well rounded fighter. You have diversity and that's going to take you a long way.

hey guys i just posted the video of the golden gloves finals on youtube...if you guys didnt see it check out my first post, i added it there and lemme kno what ya think thanks!

Anthony,

Just watched your final fight....that was impressive. Awesome body work! I have my first fight coming up on the 20th. Loved the step back and right hands you were touching him with. Keep it up.

Hey good shit bro!!! Good defense, nice combos and use of the ring. I like your "throwback" style. I bet you'd drop a lot more folks if you sat on your punches more often. Ain't nothing wrong with out boxing those guys though!!! Your still young and I wish you much success in your career. Tear em up man.

Back