1. We now have a new forum called Fantasy Matchup Discussion. Access it here

my favorite topic, me. (vid)

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by elbigsam, Oct 16, 2010.

1. elbigsam

elbigsam Blue Belt

i intend to update this post with actual video of me rolling earlier tonight. however at this time youtube is taking forever to upload while i play darkfall at the same time.

i recently have had runs of vtach while rolling. 7 individual occurances while training, ive been to the hospital twice for it for tests and nothing has been found. i had a ecg and ep study while in the hospital, nothing. had a stress test last week. nothing. finally the doc gave me a portable monitor that transmits to a company that does such things, and ive been trying to wear it while rolling. the pads dont stick well, ive tried bandaids and am goign to give medical tape a try tommorow.

this heart condition follows a knee injury and back strain that have really hampered my style the last 4 months. with modern medication i am actually feeling pretty good recently and am happy to report that the past 2 days i have rolled with no issue.

did some gi last night and some no gi earlier this evening. i have about 10 minutes of footage from tonight that i took so that the doc could correlate my rolling with my actual heart rhythm. the upside is that i have more video to share with you guys and that i had no issue tonight while rolling.

im excited to be physically able at the moment and would really like to get down in weight like i was about a year ago.

dear diary, thank you for sherdog and crave online so that i can share personal details of my life, and footage of me rolling around with other sweaty guys.

the other guy in this video works at our gym, hes a blue belt and a hella cool dude. he is one of those strong guys that is very hard to sub, has great base and no neck. i like rolling with him as he is strong enough for me not to feel bad about neck cranking or foot locking him. rare as i am a super heavy weight and its hard for me to find training partners my same size or strenght. he isnt quite as large as me but at 220 i dont feel like i have to cut him much slack. i dont actually neck crank or footlock him but regardless its nice to have a couple guys to roll with that you can get a bit physical with. no homo.

he gets a nice solid mount on me a couple times, but he loses the grip on the arm hes working and tries the opposite side for a armbar and loses it, but we both laugh as it was funny for him to sit on his ass from a nice tight full mount. i also make a good number of mistakes in this roll, but im happy to be out there and would like to share it with you guys 8).

YouTube - 10-15-10
    YouTube - 10-15-10

too long didnt read? frat? i have a heart condition, its not acting up today so i took some footage of my fat ass rolling. enjoy

edit:updated with actual links to the videos, sheesh.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  2. elbigsam

elbigsam Blue Belt

Vid still uploading ill bump tommorow.

3. Amiro

Amiro Orange Belt

where the hell is the video

4. MrCreosote

MrCreosote White Belt

Soooo.... how do you know it was v tach if the pads wont stick. I mean, if it was v tach thats really concerning. But if your ep study was negative and you're a young healthy guy well well it's just plain really, really unlikely to be v tach. I'm just saying.

5. elbigsam

elbigsam Blue Belt

im a firefighter and had paramedics hook me up when i started feeling it while rolling at work. so i actually have a strip. just sayin 8)