My favorite T shirt is just about 30 years old now.

frye666

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
And I bought it at a second hand store. My wife has been trying to get rid of it for years but it ain't happening.
And it actually hasn't got threads hanging out of it or anything like that. It's pretty worn though so I just wear it at home.

And for the inevitable..... I'm not poor.

My oldest shirt is about 14 years old.

But something tells me I'm significantly younger than you are.

I have an original Iron Maiden, number of the beast shirt which my wife has tried to get rid of a few times. I hide it from her now.

Honestly.... If you think about it. If someone told you that you could buy the most comfortable t shirt and it would last 30 years, who isn't buying it? Most of my shirts are done in 6 months.

My wife got me good after we had been married for around 3 years...
I had a pair of blue underwear and they had a medium sized hole on the side just below the waistband. Those drawers fit like a glove. It was like I was wearing nothing at all! I came home one day and she told me she tossed them.

I still bring it up every now and then because those underwear fit so dang good.

(Not poor back then either, I just liked and still do like, my comforts)

Really glad you didn't include a picture so we would get a clearer idea of what you're talking about.

Really glad you didn't include a picture so we would get a clearer idea of what you're talking about.
Right? Wtf OP we're visual learners over here!

Right? Wtf OP we're visual learners over here!
He could give the best book report on his t-shirt that ever was, but it'd be a lot easier if he just pulled his phone out and snapped a quick pic.

He could give the best book report on his t-shirt that ever was, but it'd be a lot easier if he just pulled his phone out and snapped a quick pic.
It's so simple, isn't?

Post a pic OP!

Here's what I think it looks like....

friends_03.jpg

I had a Motorhead concert shirt form 1982 that I didn't ever wear, but now has vanished. Not too happy about that. Same with my motorcycle jacket. Gone.

I have a 22 yr old head tennis shirt that my wife won't let me wear.

I still have a shirt from HS I wear all the time. The thing is a Vans shirt and I swear whatever it's made of is indestructible. It looks brand new

Luckily my wife doesn't toss my clothes out. Oldest tee I have is probably from 1995-1996 by a brand called No Fear . I had 2 or 3 of the same brand but I gave 1 to my missus as a birthing shirt . She still has that one in her chest of drawers.

That said my wife has clothes from the 80s and 90s she can still wear...

One of my favorites is around 30 years old as well. It's a USA-made jerzee's hoodie. I had to sew up a spot or two last year on it. I wear it around the house during Winter for the most part. It's incredibly soft from being washed so many times over the years. I plan on wearing it until it literally falls apart.

Back