1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

my favor to Sherdog (bet it all on Charles)

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Dionysian, May 15, 2021.

1. Dionysian Silver Belt

Unfortunately I was just involved in a move as expensive as it gets. Roughly 20K. By the way... don't ever use "ISLAND MOVERS" at Hawaii. A complete and utter shit/ripoff company.

Anyway, back to what I was saying. Just blew 20K so I'm light on money now. If I had any, I'd certainly put a 1K bet on Charles. Due to my current financial handicap, I have instead chosen to try and do you a favor to convince you to make the free money on Charles. Charles is now at -134... that is INSANE. Here is why:

1) The PR gap is in full swing helping you to bet on Charles
    You saw it bumping Conor's odds when he boxed Floyd despite that being a joke. You saw it bumping Anderson's odds against Weidman despite Weidman having an obvious style advantage to anyone who knew what they were watching. Now you're seeing it to a guy who has had 1 UFC fight and his history of setbacks being erased for this bullshit narrative. You'd think Will Brooks never existed thanks to the Dana White privilege at work here.

2) The knowledge gap is in full swing helping you to bet on Charles
    Chandler KOd his last opponent, therefore he's Rumble with punching power. Chandler is a wrestler on paper, therefore his TDD is perfect. Again... you'd think Will Brooks never existed. Charles can take him down and reign hellfire from on top. The fight analysis being applied to this match-up is frankly LAZY. Lazy ass breakdowns like that being pushed left, right, and center to the viewing populace at large = even better odds for Charles.

3) The style gap is in full swing helping you to bet on Charles
    If Chandler stays on the outside he gets hit with Oliveira's rangy shots. If he goes inside he gets out-worked in the clinch. If he goes for a TD he gets subbed, swept, or out-scrambled. Other than UFC marketing quoting Chandler that his style is "anti-BJJ" (it isn't) or UFC marketing acting like every shot he throws flattens opponents (it doesn't) there is no logical reason to think he has ANY advantage.

In short, this is tailor-made easy money for betting on Charles. Better technique, more avenues to victory, being undersold by the company, and perfectly set up to finish Chandler within 3 rounds. You're welcome for the free money guys.

2. Ares Black Asteroid Belt

3. D 1 Wrestler Look up to me

Don't pay the movers and put that 20k on Charles. Tank me later

Rainer and wanted226 like this.
  4. Dionysian Silver Belt

Move is done bra / money already spent / just rebuilding the finances now. If I had the extra money laying around, it would for sure be going to Charles. Amazing to me the fight odds are almost even. If should be 5 to 1 fight odds.

5. Flying omoplata Orange Belt

It's officially jinxed now you've fucked it

6. D 1 Wrestler Look up to me

Chandler highlight recency bias. I'm expecting quick work by do Bronx, but Chandler got that puncher's chance for sure early

HockeyBjj and richardjohnson like this.
  7. Dionysian Silver Belt

I've only made two other bet threads in my post history. Weidman-Anderson I to be a finish for Chris within 3 rounds + Conor-Khabib where I posted my 800$ bet slip for Khabib.

So far, so good. So no worries... free non-jinxed money.

Flying omoplata likes this.
  8. Bend NvR Break Order to Chaos. Chaos to Order.

TS acting like Paul Felder and Jim Miller never existed

9. No Skill Gap Brown Belt Platinum Member

Oliveira at -134 is pretty shit value.

10. Only Here for Attachments Stipe Justice Warrior

$20,000 on a move?! WTF

BigTruck likes this.
  11. Dionysian Silver Belt

Those fights have nothing to do with this match-up is why. Chandler getting out-hustled in the clinch though...
    The Pacific Ocean imposes such heavy costs man. Even more "bigly" than the ocean between Florida/Puerto Rico I hear.
    "Shit value"?!? It is almost even odds and one guy should be heavily favored. There's a huge gap between public perception and reality... perfect time to make money.

MeanStreets likes this.
  12. Kung Fu Kowboy Diaz 5, 5, 5 Staff Member Senior Moderator

Why, did Chael pick Chandler... ;)

Richard Fannin and Rainer like this.
  13. Bend NvR Break Order to Chaos. Chaos to Order.

Chandler is breaking Oliveira within two rounds. His pressure will be too much and Oliveira will crumble.

14. Bend NvR Break Order to Chaos. Chaos to Order.

Chael picked Oliveira iirc

Dick Niaz030 and Kung Fu Kowboy like this.
  15. Dionysian Silver Belt

That too. So I take it back... bet the house and your children's college funds on Charles.

16. drbolony -El Styles-

It's not "lazy" to believe Charles can fold, he has a history of it and hasn't faced enough adversity in his current streak to prove he's overcome these short comings. Chandler is not like anyone on Charles' current streak, the closest being Kevin Lee, but that's an insult to Chandler. He will put Charles in bad spots with his power and Charles will have to prove he's forged the metal to persevere in those positions.

Don't be fooled by Charles' improved offense, his defense is still lacking and Chandler has lights out power. Don't be surprised to see Charles eat clean shots to the head in exchanges. I'm not saying Charles can't win and that this fight isn't close to 50/50, but you're asking people to throw money at this like its Nunes x Cyborg or something.

Bend NvR Break likes this.
  17. Jojomojo Purple Belt

Charles is easy money, anybody who thinks else is a salty american.
    index.jpg

KoreanZawmbie likes this.
  18. Jojomojo Purple Belt

I mean i mainly agree with your take, but how in the hell is comparing FKL and Chandler stylistically an isult to Chandler. FKL despite his recently rough fights, is still a solid fighter and its not like Chandler has never lost a fight. And before people jump me, im not saying that current Chandler is on the same level as current FKL, because he clearly posses some skills FKL doesnt. I just dont see the insult tho. Chandler is a decent fighter but people on here act like hes the next Khabib.

19. MCS Duck down pause right

I agree. Charles has way more ways to win. And late in the fight, not just the early burst.

20. Bend NvR Break Order to Chaos. Chaos to Order.

This. Great post. I'm a Oliveira fan but nothing says on his current streak he just get favorable match ups and hasn't really evolved and fixed his holes like the narrative that's being pushed is. And honestly I had Kevin Lee up 2 rounds on Oliveria then he gassed hard. And imo that wasn't Lee beating his ass and Oliveria having to survive adversity and dig deep but more so Lee just controlling Oliveira.

I'm of the mindset that Chandler's pressure and power will revert Oliveira back to this old ways of mentally shutting down and crumbling.

And honestly I want Chandler to call out Tony while Dustin and McGregor try and squeeze money out of the fans.

KoreanZawmbie and drbolony like this.