My father in law passed this morning

Sorry to hear that Sherbro. My prayers are with you and the missus in your time of mourning.

R.I.P.

I’m very sorry to hear that. RIP.

I think it’s very touching that he made it happen for you guys to be near him in his final year.

Just a quick update to those who were aware that my father in law was ill. He passed at 7:25 this morning. It was very much expected though as we'd been aware of his imminent death for a few days now. So it wasn't a shock & my wife & I are doing as well as can be expected under the circumstances.

We still don't know exactly what led to the sudden dramatic downturn in his health other than that he became very tired after he turned 75 in March & that he & his body must have just decided that it was time to go. He went quietly & peacefully in a state of comfort. So, it was about the best circumstances that one could hope for.

Dennis was a US veteran having served in the US Army during the Korean War. A highly intelligent man he graduated from Cal State Fullerton with honors. After which he enjoyed a long career as a Party Chief at his land surveying company until his retirement in 2015. Among the projects that he worked on the development of were the Honda Center in Anaheim as well as the Disneyland California Adventure Park.

Thanks to all those who had expressed concern during his illness. It was very much appreciated.
My deepest condolences to you and your family, Sherbro.

Happy to hear he lived a full life and left with peace in his heart.

Sorry to hear that. You’re one of the nicest dudes on the forum, and I’m sorry for your loss.

My condolences to you and your family. I applaud his service as well, Korea is a forgotten conflict in this country.

Just a quick update to those who were aware that my father in law was ill. He passed at 7:25 this morning. It was very much expected though as we'd been aware of his imminent death for a few days now. So it wasn't a shock & my wife & I are doing as well as can be expected under the circumstances.

We still don't know exactly what led to the sudden dramatic downturn in his health other than that he became very tired after he turned 75 in March & that he & his body must have just decided that it was time to go. He went quietly & peacefully in a state of comfort. So, it was about the best circumstances that one could hope for.

Dennis was a US veteran having served in the US Army during the Korean War. A highly intelligent man he graduated from Cal State Fullerton with honors. After which he enjoyed a long career as a Party Chief at his land surveying company until his retirement in 2015. Among the projects that he worked on the development of were the Honda Center in Anaheim as well as the Disneyland California Adventure Park.

Thanks to all those who had expressed concern during his illness. It was very much appreciated.
From previous posts, it sounds like he was a good dude. My condolences to you and your wife.

This is the guy who made you take up shooting ?

Seems like he was a mans man and im sorry for your families loss. A full life lived is a life worth celebrating.

My condolences to you and your wife. Just be there for her as I know you will be. Having gone through it twice with my wife, get ready for unexplained mood swings and fits of sadness and crying for no apparent reason several months after the funeral that will ultimately be because she misses him.

I'm really sorry for your loss. Husband and I weren't together when he lost his father but I couldn't have done without him when my mother passed away...so be strong for your wife but also take some time to feel the loss for yourself as well. It sounds like he and you were good buddies.

Condolences Sherbro, it sounds trite at this stage, but a full life and a comfortable death is as much as most of us can hope for.

Sorry for your loss, brother.

Sorry to hear that man. Hope your wife and you are doing OK.

Sorry to hear bro. Please tell your wife the forum extends our condolences.

Back