My father in law passed this morning

sweetviolenturg

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just a quick update to those who were aware that my father in law was ill. He passed at 7:25 this morning. It was very much expected though as we'd been aware of his imminent death for a few days now. So it wasn't a shock & my wife & I are doing as well as can be expected under the circumstances.

We still don't know exactly what led to the sudden dramatic downturn in his health other than that he became very tired after he turned 75 in March & that he & his body must have just decided that it was time to go. He went quietly & peacefully in a state of comfort. So, it was about the best circumstances that one could hope for.

Dennis was a US veteran having served in the US Army during the Vietnam War. A highly intelligent man he graduated from Cal State Fullerton with honors. After which he enjoyed a long career as a Party Chief at his land surveying company until his retirement in 2015. Among the projects that he worked on the development of were the Honda Center in Anaheim as well as the Disneyland California Adventure Park.

Thanks to all those who had expressed concern during his illness. It was very much appreciated.

Last edited:
Rest in peace and thank you for your service!

Very sorry to hear of your loss, will say a prayer for you and your family..

RIP Dennis. Condolences to you and your family TS. Death is just a temporary reprieve before Paradise. I'll cheers to Dennis tonight brother.

Just a quick update to those who were aware that my father in law was ill. He passed at 7:25 this morning. It was very much expected though as we'd been aware of his imminent death for a few days now. So it wasn't a shock & my wife & I are doing as well as can be expected under the circumstances.

We still don't know exactly what led to the sudden dramatic downturn in his health other than that he became very tired after he turned 75 in March & that he & his body must have just decided that it was time to go. He went quietly & peacefully in a state of comfort. So, it was about the best circumstances that one could hope for.

Dennis was a US veteran having served in the US Army during the Korean War. A highly intelligent man he graduated from Cal State Fullerton with honors. After which he enjoyed a long career as a Party Chief at his land surveying company until his retirement in 2015. Among the projects that he worked on the development of were the Honda Center in Anaheim as well as the Disneyland California Adventure Park.

Thanks to all those who had expressed concern during his illness. It was very much appreciated.
That is awful.

I dread the day I have to bury my parents (to the point where it keeps me up at night) - We've had a few close calls in the past decade and this whole social distancing thing has really made it hard as I try to spend time with them (as much as possible).

Hope all is well with you.

RIP and my condolences, I buried my father last December and it's good to hear your father in law went peacefully.

Sorry to hear that. My condolences, TS.

Sorry for your loss bro

You‘ve mentioned your father in law a couple times when we spoke and it sounded like you had a lot of respect for the guy. RIP.

RIP and condolences, you are as far as I can tell the most genuine person on here, wishing the best for you and your family.

Also, is there a typo in the OP regarding his age? My grandfather was Korean and served in the Korean war, he passed a few years back and was in his 90's.

Back