My experience with Randy Couture's greens diet

Madmick said:
Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score (PDCAAS) is a method of evaluating the protein quality based on the amino acid requirements of humans. The PDCAAS rating is a fairly recent evaluation method (it was adopted by the US Food and Drug Administration in 1993) and emerged due to weaknesses in earlier evaluations of protein quality, such as the Protein Efficiency Ratio (PER) and the Biological Value (BV).

A PDCAAS value of 1 is the highest, and 0 the lowest. Some ratings of commons foods include soy (1.0), egg white (1.0), casein (1.0), milk (1.0), whey (1.0), beef (0.92), kidney beans (0.68), lentils (0.52), peanuts (0.52), wheat (0.25).

Advantages
The PDCAAS is superior to both the PER and the BV. The PER was based upon the amino acid requirements of growing rats, which are noticeably different to that of humans. The BV uses nitrogen absorption as a basis. However, it does not take into account certain factors influencing the digestion of the protein.

Limitations
Amino acids that move beyond the terminal ileum in the body are less likely to be absorbed for use in protein synthesis. They may pass out of the body, or may be absorbed by bacteria, and thus will not be present in the faeces, and will appear to have been digested. The PDCAAS takes no account of where the amino acids have been digested.

Similarly, amino acids that are lost due to antinutritional factors present in many foods (such as tannins in soy) are assumed to be digested by the PDCAAS.

The PCDAAS method may also still be considered incomplete, since human diets, except in times of famine, almost never contain only one kind of protein

Duncon76 said:
If you choose to stck to the AKalizing diet..Nothing wrong with it..I have done it. You have to increase fat big time. Eat nuts, Avacodo's and Coconuts like they are coming out of your ass..

I don't eat anything that comes out of my ass...

lol good way to cross market your product, your story is retarded. Please link me to the peer reviewed study that shows that the body only absorbs 17% of majority whey proteins.

toufeksian said:
i think you are fucking retarded , this is not what im asking for... an NNU list isnt the PDCAAS

Nor is it an NNU, dumbass. That's just this crack professor's pathetic wannabe attempt to capitalize off a measurment method the rest of the world has known about for years; it's called the "Net Protein Utilization" test or NPU.

Don't come into these forums talking like you know your shit when you're gullible enough to swallow a ad campaign like the threadstarter. You don't even know anything about the test to which you refer: its weaknesses or strengths.

Jitsu Fighter said:
lol good way to cross market your product, your story is retarded. Please link me to the peer reviewed study that shows that the body only absorbs 17% of majority whey proteins.

You're the retarded one. Can't you read you idiot? How the hell am I cross marketing the product? Am I giving you a link where you can buy the product?

Again, I posted my experience with Randy's diet. I broke down a lot of muscle in the process. I went to look for a solution and someone I met in the States during a holiday mailed me about NNU. I wanted to know if someone here has experience with the product and here I get flamed by an idiot.

knight said:
You're the retarded one. Can't you read you idiot? How the hell am I cross marketing the product? Am I giving you a link where you can buy the product?

Again, I posted my experience with Randy's diet. I broke down a lot of muscle in the process. I went to look for a solution and someone I met in the States during a holiday mailed me about NNU. I wanted to know if someone here has experience with the product and here I get flamed by an idiot.

Jitsu Fighter said:
Please link me to the peer reviewed study that shows that the body only absorbs 17% of majority whey

...didnt think so...keep your bullshit in offtopic where it belongs.

BoxingFanNoMore said:
For those interested, this is who founded bodyhealth.com and biobuilde, and who wants to sell you a 55 dollar bottle of amino acids.

Doctor settles his part of wrongful death suit

HMO, doctors sued over death

Doctor in Lisa McPherson case suspended

Medical Board of California

Thanks BFN.

The bottom line is apply protein utilization methods to food. Pick the food with the best absorption. Whey protein concentrate- although cultured- is still a whole food. Actually, come to think of it, although I never read it as an example, I believe it's a complete protein (this would make sense, since it's dairy).

he's not marketing crap!

don't you guys read!!!!?

"Your body needs absolutely no help in adjusting its pH. Normally, the pH of blood and most body fluids is near seven, which is close to neutral. This is under very tight biological control because all of the chemical reactions that maintain life depend on it. Unless you have serious respiratory or kidney problems, body pH will remain in balance no matter what you eat or drink." -Dr. Weil

:icon_chee

"Your body needs absolutely no help in adjusting its pH. Normally, the pH of blood and most body fluids is near seven, which is close to neutral. This is under very tight biological control because all of the chemical reactions that maintain life depend on it. Unless you have serious respiratory or kidney problems, body pH will remain in balance no matter what you eat or drink." -Dr. Weil

:icon_chee

Even though you just bumped a 5 year old thread, as soon as I saw the thread title this quote you provided was the first thing I thought of.

I've used Randy Couture's greens diet and below you can read my results. I post this because it may be of some use to some of you. Enjoy!!!!! :D :

I've tried Randy Couture's diet including LightForce and this is my experience:

I lost about 10 pounds, and a good portion of it was muscle. I must note that I was ripped, in awesome shape and had low bodyfat before I started the diet.

You do realize that Randy used this diet to come down from heavyweight...

Edit: for feeling like a dumbass that I didn't know how old the thread was... at least I wasn't the one who bumped it though.

gee things get heated in here eh, il have to keep reading for a couple of years before i even contemplate starting a thread for fear of being flamed.

Good Lord I can be an asshole. It's not that I'm wrong, but I kinda want to go back in time just to punch myself in the face.

Hahaha, who bumped my ooooold thread?:icon_chee

I still don't know to this day how what I wrote came off as crossmarketing a product. If anyone can quote some pieces where I actually did that please enlighten me.

This was way before I got to know Berardi's stuff for example and began to see the errors of how I handled the diet at the time.

Btw, Madmick ...On Bas Rutten's old forum someone asked him what his diet was (this was when he was preparing for Kimo and Ryan Parsons was helping him). He replied the following:

""I eat good right now, no dairy, pasta's, rice, potatoes, white meat, fish, only good stuff, I never ate like this before, but I feel really good.
That chicken recepy that I have on "what's cooking" I eat too, its really good, please try it out, you will be blown away, trust me.

Oatmeal in the morning, Pasta in the afteroon, fish, vegetables and potatoes at night and than before I go to sleep a special shake that I make from only good stuff.

Fruit, bananas (I know, its also fruit), Light Force three times a day, my vitamins, eah, good s**t!"

I asked him on his (then) current site if he would share the ingredients of his special shake.
He replied: " Cacao, bananas, soy milk, little fake sugar and fibers for your digesting."

I never heard of that combo before. What's your opinion on this?

Last edited:
Back