My experience with Randy Couture's greens diet

knight

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I've used Randy Couture's greens diet and below you can read my results. I post this because it may be of some use to some of you. Enjoy!!!!! :D :

I've tried Randy Couture's diet including LightForce and this is my experience:

I lost about 10 pounds, and a good portion of it was muscle. I must note that I was ripped, in awesome shape and had low bodyfat before I started the diet. My weight before the diet was about 70 kg and I was practically all muscle. I didn't notice a difference in energy (note that it was already good) and the only good effect was that especially LightForce boosted my immune system through the roof.

At this time my clothes started to get really loose and I was getting comments about how thin I looked. Not good.

I was getting frustrated and started looking for info on what could be the cause. I saw a big problem with sticking to the alkalarian diet and gaining weight (fat or muscle) because weight gain is generally brought about by consuming low bulk, high calorie foods: not alkalising. True you can train the human body to burn fat (and consume quality fats) but I for one must still eat high water content food. Also, fat burning exercise is generally all aerobic exercise based (overlooking total amount of calorie burning of course), and to gain muscle one must exercise anaerobically. I had trouble seeing where a balance could be achieved. Also reading so many different opinions created an information overload.

Instead of looking elsewhere and hoping that some high regarded coach could provid the answer I started looking at myself for the answer. The solution was quite simple: I have a very high metabolism!!!!!

So in my experience, greens are wonderful for the enzymes, chlorophyll, minerals, vitamins and quick energy. Although not sufficient for protein intake when building muscles of good "quality" (density). So relying on them too much becomes a problem for us high metabolism males ( or females) trying to gain muscle and have high energy.

Luckily, for those who have the same problem as I experienced, I may have found the solution to counter those problems. I haven't tried it myself but a buddy of mine in the States recommended it to me.

He said what I need is protein with a very high NNU-value. The NNU-value determines the amount of the digested protein that is actually used to build up new cells.

Whey protein is marketed as a great protein for athlete's. But it only provides 17% NNU, which means that only 17% of the digested protein is anabolized and builds new muscle. 83% becomes metabolic waste, and is eliminated through the urea.

The dietary protein with the highest NNU-value is actually hen eggs, with 48%. But you need the whole egg. You can not separate the yoke and the white, because separately they both amount to about 17-18% NNU!

There is a dietary supplement which provides 99% NNU. It is simply the perfect combination of amino acids for the human body.
Only 1% goes to waste...compared to 83% with whey protein.

This combination was discovered by the Italian Professor Luca-Moretti. He has patented his discovery as the "Master Amino Acid Pattern".

The results are amazing. My buddy never has soar muscles from exercise. He increases the weights he works out with at least once a week. The muscles simply keep growing.

It's all about building blocks. With the proper amount of protein and a high NNU-value, you get the building blocks you need.

So in his experience, the "protein myth" is no myth. You do need amino acids to build muscles... More than the 1 or 2 grams a day proposed by some authors.

This is one of his former emails to me:

"Hello Joey!

The Net Nitrogen Utilization, or NNU, is a new term in nutrition science. In a clinical study presented by Professor Luca-Moretti for the Royal Academy of Medicine in Spain, he released for the first time in history the pathways of the protein metabolism after digestion.

To only digest proteins is not enough. A part of the digested protein is anabolized after being broken down into amino acids. The other part is catabolised, which produces energy and converts the proteins into nitrogen catabolites.

This is completely new information for the scientific world. His discovery, and patented technology, is being used by physicians in Italy and Spain, mainly for helping people with renal or hepatic problems, anorectic patients and other medical symtoms. The results are amazing.

Through medical use, an Italian professional sprinter started noticing increasing muscle mass. Stefano Tilli, a 41 year old sprinter started to run as fast as he used to do as a 20 year old athelete... He is now again the Italian Champion. Several top athletes in Europe have started using this product, since it is safe and legal.

For information about the Master Amino Acid Pattern and getting the 99% NNU, you will reach professor Luca-Moretti at "International Nutrition Research Center" in Florida, e-mail: [email protected].

By the way...the 99% NNU protein solves the problem of "floppy tissue" forever... that's a great benefit! Water retention and floppy tissue are really signs of a nitrogen imbalance in the bloodstream. If you manage to provide the protein without the calories, you can easily lose weight AND get rid of the floppy tissue...which can be a real nuisance."

I've mailed the professor a couple of times but got no response. I couldn't find a supplier in the Netherlands so that sucked too. And ordering it on the internet is out of the question for me too since those sites ask for a creditcard which I don't have.

If anyone here is using this product or is planning to use it by all means post your results. :wink:

I want to lose 12 pounds of fat soo tell me what too do

knight said:
So in his experience, the "protein myth" is no myth. You do need amino acids to build muscles... More than the 1 or 2 grams a day proposed by some authors.

By the way...the 99% NNU protein solves the problem of "floppy tissue" forever... that's a great benefit! Water retention and floppy tissue are really signs of a nitrogen imbalance in the bloodstream. If you manage to provide the protein without the calories, you can easily lose weight AND get rid of the floppy tissue...which can be a real nuisance."

These are the parts that sound fishy to me. There's a lot of published scientific information about protein, amino acids and anabolism. "Floppy tissue" and calorie-free protein sounds far-fetched to me. Also, egg whites are an excellent source of protein, it's one of the highest bioavailable sources of protein, the egg yolk is mostly fat. Whey protein is another great source of protein, as is fish, meat, cottage cheese, milk, etc. I wasn't trying to flame you, it just sounded like some supp company hype, and the fact that they won't respond to your emails isn't a good sign.

You went on a diet.....at 70kg?? What are you 5'?

If you choose to stck to the AKalizing diet..Nothing wrong with it..I have done it. You have to increase fat big time. Eat nuts, Avacodo's and Coconuts like they are coming out of your ass..

The Royal Academy is a Multil Level Marketing company... kind of like those pyramid schemes. Not saying that this a bad thing. You can't even purchase unless you become a member. You need to purchase a $25 membership in order to purchase products from them. If you want to actually sell their products to make money, it would cost you anywhere between $300 to $1100.

Wolverine
///

my big toe said:
Ding, ding, ding...why is that BS meter going off?

Haha, my BS meter just exploded.

First off why dont you try renaming your thread. It seems quite clear this has little to do with Randy Coture's Diet.

You are pretty much asking about, or trying to draw attention to some propeitary amino acid blend.

I hope your not planning on getting all your protein from this supplement, because
in the one study(I use that term very loosely) the MAP group was consuming 110 grams a week, you would need a bottle a week just for that supplementation.

Considering that 100 pills of this Master Amino Acid Pattern costs 74 dollars.

Master Amino Acid Supplement

That is some pretty expensive protein, considering 10 grams would be about at best 6% of my total daily protein intake.

Not to mention, that those studies were all sponsered by the American Nutrional Clinics and all published in the Journal of Advanced Therapy. Seems kind of wierd that American Nutrional Clinics seems to only study one supplement, that they just happen to manufacture, and only publish their results in one journal.

Doesnt the names "International Nutrition Research Center", and "American Nutrional Clinics", for the same company just scream: SCAM. And they are both located in Florida, of all places. That is just priceless.

toufeksian said:
anyone knows where can i get a list with the NNU of common foods?

Are you fucking retarded?

The REAL protein measurment tests:

Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score (PDCAAS) is a method of evaluating the protein quality based on the amino acid requirements of humans. The PDCAAS rating is a fairly recent evaluation method (it was adopted by the US Food and Drug Administration in 1993) and emerged due to weaknesses in earlier evaluations of protein quality, such as the Protein Efficiency Ratio (PER) and the Biological Value (BV).

A PDCAAS value of 1 is the highest, and 0 the lowest. Some ratings of commons foods include soy (1.0), egg white (1.0), casein (1.0), milk (1.0), whey (1.0), beef (0.92), kidney beans (0.68), lentils (0.52), peanuts (0.52), wheat (0.25).

Advantages
The PDCAAS is superior to both the PER and the BV. The PER was based upon the amino acid requirements of growing rats, which are noticeably different to that of humans. The BV uses nitrogen absorption as a basis. However, it does not take into account certain factors influencing the digestion of the protein.

Limitations
Amino acids that move beyond the terminal ileum in the body are less likely to be absorbed for use in protein synthesis. They may pass out of the body, or may be absorbed by bacteria, and thus will not be present in the faeces, and will appear to have been digested. The PDCAAS takes no account of where the amino acids have been digested.

Similarly, amino acids that are lost due to antinutritional factors present in many foods (such as tannins in soy) are assumed to be digested by the PDCAAS.

The PCDAAS method may also still be considered incomplete, since human diets, except in times of famine, almost never contain only one kind of protein

bacon said:
You went on a diet.....at 70kg?? What are you 5'?

I went on the diet to see if I could enhance my already great conditioning. I'm always looking to make things better and to see Randy beat the crap out of Tito at age 40 just blew me away so that's why I tried it. I'm 182 cm long btw.

BoxingFanNoMore said:
Haha, my BS meter just exploded.

First off why dont you try renaming your thread. It seems quite clear this has little to do with Randy Coture's Diet.

You are pretty much asking about, or trying to draw attention to some propeitary amino acid blend.

I hope your not planning on getting all your protein from this supplement, because
in the one study(I use that term very loosely) the MAP group was consuming 110 grams a week, you would need a bottle a week just for that supplementation.

Considering that 100 pills of this Master Amino Acid Pattern costs 74 dollars.

Master Amino Acid Supplement

That is some pretty expensive protein, considering 10 grams would be about at best 6% of my total daily protein intake.

Not to mention, that those studies were all sponsered by the American Nutrional Clinics and all published in the Journal of Advanced Therapy. Seems kind of wierd that American Nutrional Clinics seems to only study one supplement, that they just happen to manufacture, and only publish their results in one journal.

Doesnt the names "International Nutrition Research Center", and "American Nutrional Clinics", for the same company just scream: SCAM. And they are both located in Florida, of all places. That is just priceless.

Imo it has everyting to do with Randy's diet since I posted my expereince.

I mentioned the NNU supplement because it was recommended to me because as mentioned I have a very high metabolism and I wanted to know if someone here has some experience with the supplement.

The reason I posted the whole explaining stuff of the supplement is just because I wanted to avoid the following scenario:

My post: "Someone recommended me NNU"

Someone else's post: "What the hell is that?"

And then I had to explain it anyway. :wink:

my big toe said:
These are the parts that sound fishy to me. There's a lot of published scientific information about protein, amino acids and anabolism. "Floppy tissue" and calorie-free protein sounds far-fetched to me. Also, egg whites are an excellent source of protein, it's one of the highest bioavailable sources of protein, the egg yolk is mostly fat. Whey protein is another great source of protein, as is fish, meat, cottage cheese, milk, etc. I wasn't trying to flame you, it just sounded like some supp company hype, and the fact that they won't respond to your emails isn't a good sign.

My bad man, I'm sorry.

Duncon76 said:
If you choose to stck to the AKalizing diet..Nothing wrong with it..I have done it. You have to increase fat big time. Eat nuts, Avacodo's and Coconuts like they are coming out of your ass..

Funny thing is, I did that and the more (quality fats) I ate, the more bodyfat I lost!!!!!! (quality) Fat burns fat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back