My elbows are killing me HELP

DonkeyKong

Frazier > Ali
@Green
Reaction score
Last week during practice my left bicep near the elbow got weak, and tired, and I felt this dull but pretty intense pain there. It stayed until the other day. Then one week later I returned to class and the same thing happened.
I figured it was a muscular distension. So today I did some really light calisthenics and both my elbows started to hurt. Never in my life have I felt something similar, and I

i get that shit sometimes if i play gi for a couple of hours and i grap alot it feels like you kind of threw your arm out and it shakes if you try to hold it up but my pain will go away after a couple hours i say ice it and train light

tendonitis maybe? i cant really tell what it might be by your description. take some time off. find some basic elbow stretches/strengthening exercises and build it back up and see if that helps. it should take 2-4weeks like that and if its not better see a doctor

im taking a week off, and next class im gonna stretch it and warm it up for long. let

TapouTime said:
i get that shit sometimes if i play gi for a couple of hours and i grap alot it feels like you kind of threw your arm out and it shakes if you try to hold it up but my pain will go away after a couple hours i say ice it and train light
yeah you got it right it does shake and the pain goes away after a few hours.
ice it and train light? gotcha. but for how long?

Yeah I got that shit too. That day I weight lifted, arm wrestled and went to BJJ, after BJJ class I couldn't lift either of my arms. Huge intense dull pain, shaking in my fingers and such. I never felt such an intense pain before. Went away after a couple of hours but it wasn't my skin or the muscle that was hurting, it didn't hurt anymore if I touched or not so I thought it was the bone or the tendon.

I was dumb so I kept going to class and I kept re-injuring it during rolling and it was only my right arm that hurt and it was effectively dead. I took a week off, came back and when we were doing light technique the shit started to come again, I was pissed off. So after class I just iced it to numb the pain and that work, but it just numbed it, didn't cure it. After that I went to MT class (Like a moron) and my arm started to hurt when I was holding the pads. Boy was I moron. So I just said forget it and stopped for another whole week, no weight lifting, no BJJ period and it just recently went away.

But right now I can advise you even though it's really hard to stay away from BJJ is leave your arm alone for 2 weeks. It will feel like it's better but you do not want to re-injure it, leave it alone.

Hope it helps because I don't want anybody else going through that shit like I did.

Oh yeah, when you ice it be sure to keep your arm elevated, lay down and prop it up so the elbow joint is at least above your head level.

DonkeyKong said:
Last week during practice my left bicep near the elbow got weak, and tired, and I felt this dull but pretty intense pain there. It stayed until the other day. Then one week later I returned to class and the same thing happened.
I figured it was a muscular distension. So today I did some really light calisthenics and both my elbows started to hurt. Never in my life have I felt something similar, and I

throw in some advil and it will start to get better. i went for a while without it flaring up again. it comes back here and there. i take care of it and keep going, that's about the only thing i can suggest. other than, see a doctor and tell me what he says since i don't have insurance right now.

i've had the exact same thing, it's a like a persistently dull throbbing pain. the last time was after defending an armbar. it never got extended or hurt but it put so much strain on the elbow i couldn't straighten it for a week. it also flares up when i play golf too which is pretty weird. i was playing last month and it was agony lifting and lowering my golf bag. it took 2 weeks of rest and lots of bags of peas before i could go back to BJJ. i hate niggling injuries like that.

im thinking you got caught in an armlock previously and didnt think it was a big deal.. Probable hyper exended it.. Just got to get off the matt and let it heal. Go to class and do technique but step off when everyone starts rolling.. 2 weeks and youll be back fine. If you keep going youll probably have permanent injurys and whine about your elbows for the rest of your life.

I'm surprised a lot of other people got this, I thought I was the only one. Anybody know what it is?:

i had the same thing twice before. a little ice, aleve and easy rolling for a while did the trick.

aww shit. im travelling at the end of the month to work and ill be back only in february! this is my last month of bjj and i get @#$()*@#$( ing injured.
2 weeks, dammit.... Ill just ice it and take the meds and not roll just do techniques for the time being.
Thanks , I had no idea it was so common

i et the same thing in my right bycep. a day or 2 rest though, adn im ready to go.. it cames back after i roll 2-3 times

See that's the thing. Everybody thinks they are better just because it doesn't hurt anymore and then they go roll and mess it up again. Give it time man.

Back