My Edit of The Phantom Menace. (Boring crap removed = 9 min long) BONUS: Anakin-free Pod Race added

First off Maul kicked Obi's saber down the pit

Maul was underestimated Obi cause he was not a full jedi

He didn't expect him to grab Jinn's light saber

It is a classic case of a villain being too cocky
Classic case of the level boss standing there looking stupid while doing nothing to defend himself from a complicated attack that started from below.

The high ground is unbeatable, when it's Obi Won Ton

Classic case of the level boss standing there looking stupid while doing nothing to defend himself from a complicated attack that started from below.

The high ground is unbeatable, when it's Obi Won Ton

Maul is a Sith Lord

Padawan is the least of his concern

Cost him in the end

He had Darth in front of his name right

Should be a full Sith Lord

So Anakin was Anakin Skywalker right up until his final fight with Obi Wan Kenobi. What pushed him over the edge from being apprentice to full Sith Lord was getting his arm and legs cut off and then burned to shit?

So Anakin was Anakin Skywalker right up until his final fight with Obi Wan Kenobi. What pushed him over the edge from being apprentice to full Sith Lord was getting his arm and legs cut off and then burned to shit?

He was referred to as Lord Vader in Episode 3

So pretty much right after he cut off Samuel L Jacksons arm is when he became Vader

There is a scene of palpatine calling him Vader after that happens

KIryp7g.png

i liked the first one it was cool. i was a kid though did not see live.

He was referred to as Lord Vader in Episode 3

So pretty much right after he cut off Samuel L Jacksons arm is when he became Vader

There is a scene of palpatine calling him Vader after that happens

KIryp7g.png

True, you got me there.

To me anyways, the Maul vs. Jedi battle here isn't great because it's so well choreographed - hell, Obi-Wan vs. Vader from ANH looks like pure shit by those standards - it's great because it actually has emotional resonance, something almost every other lightsaber fight has lacked since the original trilogy. I don't really care how good the swordsmanship of Luke vs. Vader from ROTJ is, for example; but I REALLY care when Luke suddenly starts to go ham because Vader threatens Leia. The emotional component elevates the action to something more, and then I'm invested.

In fact, the best part of this Darth Maul vs. Jedi fight from TPM here for me, isn't even any swing of a lightsaber - it's when Jinn is cut down, and Obi-Wan is forced to watch from behind the forcefields, in shock, then waiting, seething. That sequence is absolutely gripping to me. As far as the actual fighting physicality of Star Wars goes, I look at it more like ballet anyway, same as the gun violence in a John Woo film. It's only there to service the characters, it's extra theatrical, almost to the point of blatant choreography. So as long as there is an emotional core there, I'm hooked.

I guess I’m not vested enough in the series to look past the bad to see the good.

Back