My Edit of The Phantom Menace. (Boring crap removed = 9 min long) BONUS: Anakin-free Pod Race added

Very cool, Petey.

Now do the same to True Detective season 2.

Win.

Just pure win.

fDzM81OYrNjJC.gif

We all agree it had to be done but isn't it easier to just ignore the movie (and the next 188 sequels)?

We're already 2 out of 6 but there are at least a dozen coming soon:

star-wars-release-dates.jpg

star-wars-timeline.jpg

Soon, they will be rebooting spinoffs and spinoffing reboots. If we're lucky, The Biebs will be old enough to play Obi-wan for the reboot of the spinoff of "Last Hope" when it comes...

Also, perfect handling of the crawl. Exactly what that text deserved.

Ha, just noticed you added this comment.

I'm glad someone appreciated that. It was very satisfying to do.

Can you add the part where Padmé gets railed by the Gungan Army?

I wanted to include some pics from Google Images, but I'm pretty sure I'd get banneded

I hadn't since its release.

How in the world did Darth Maul fall for that jump over the head thing? Maul was literally positioned at the edge in preparation to cut the dude in pieces if he attempted to do exactly what he did. And then he's surprised? I'm even more confused than before now.

My god, the fight choreography is so bad. It’s so slow. They’re spinning for no god dang reason every 30 seconds.

Fuck the haters. I just watched phantom menace in its entirety again.

You’re right, it did. I posted while watching.
Could you make any sense of that jump over thing? Seemed like Maul was actively preparing to kill him if he did it and then he did it and Maul was shocked or something.

Could you make any sense of that jump over thing? Seemed like Maul was actively preparing to kill him if he did it and then he did it and Maul was shocked or something.

Lol, no I can’t. That shit was ridiculous.

It gets even worse in Revenge of the Sith.

tenor.gif

My god, the fight choreography is so bad. It’s so slow. They’re spinning for no god dang reason every 30 seconds.

It actually got a lot faster once ol' boy dieded.

To me anyways, the Maul vs. Jedi battle here isn't great because it's so well choreographed - hell, Obi-Wan vs. Vader from ANH looks like pure shit by those standards - it's great because it actually has emotional resonance, something almost every other lightsaber fight has lacked since the original trilogy. I don't really care how good the swordsmanship of Luke vs. Vader from ROTJ is, for example; but I REALLY care when Luke suddenly starts to go ham because Vader threatens Leia. The emotional component elevates the action to something more, and then I'm invested.

In fact, the best part of this Darth Maul vs. Jedi fight from TPM here for me, isn't even any swing of a lightsaber - it's when Jinn is cut down, and Obi-Wan is forced to watch from behind the forcefields, in shock, then waiting, seething. That sequence is absolutely gripping to me. As far as the actual fighting physicality of Star Wars goes, I look at it more like ballet anyway, same as the gun violence in a John Woo film. It's only there to service the characters, it's extra theatrical, almost to the point of blatant choreography. So as long as there is an emotional core there, I'm hooked.

To me anyways, the Maul vs. Jedi battle here isn't great because it's so well choreographed - hell, Obi-Wan vs. Vader from ANH looks like pure shit by those standards - it's great because it actually has emotional resonance, something almost every other lightsaber fight has lacked since the original trilogy. I don't really care how good the swordsmanship of Luke vs. Vader from ROTJ is, for example; but I REALLY care when Luke suddenly starts to go ham because Vader threatens Leia. The emotional component elevates the action to something more, and then I'm invested.

In fact, the best part of this Darth Maul vs. Jedi fight from TPM here for me, isn't even any swing of a lightsaber - it's when Jinn is cut down, and Obi-Wan is forced to watch from behind the forcefields, in shock, then waiting, seething. That sequence is absolutely gripping to me. As far as the actual fighting physicality of Star Wars goes, I look at it more like ballet anyway, same as the gun violence in a John Woo film. It's only there to service the characters, it's extra theatrical, almost to the point of blatant choreography. So as long as there is an emotional core there, I'm hooked.

Every word of this is BMMA-approved.

giphy.gif

First off Maul kicked Obi's saber down the pit

Maul was underestimated Obi cause he was not a full jedi

He didn't expect him to grab Jinn's light saber

It is a classic case of a villain being too cocky

Back