My dream

Y0cc3

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I've been thinking and honestly, I don't like the way UFC/Bellator are in terms of show. Not saying that looks/sounds/show are the first thing in sports but the one who says they don't matter, is lying or very unusual person. Cage full of sponsors, ugly shorts full of sponsors, announcers, walk-out musics, lightning, ceremonies after the fights etc.
To me it sucks. No class at all. I will always watch MMA for sure but I at least want to say what would be my dream atmosphere. Not gonna' happen but is this any worse than threads like "Fedor vs Lesnar" or "Rousey vs Velasquez"?

So, what I would love is this:

-No cage or ring, just a mat similar to olympic wrestling. The mat would be plain color, no sponsors or pictures.
-Same shorts for everybody: Style of the shorts would be similar to the shorts Aldo used against Lamas but they would be plain black. Plain black gloves for both.
-Walk-out music would be something classy. No rap, no rock, no pop, no dance music, no trance etc. Something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8t0KTOeMPw
The fighters wouldn't walk in the arena in Tapout shirts or some meathead, generic t-shirts with tribals and flames. Everybody would have classy robe like it was some ancient ritual :D
-20min fights without rounds. Takedowns or top-control itself wouldn't score anything, damage/clean hits would.
-Ceremony for the winner after every fight.
-No alcohol in the event.

I like it apart from the no alcohol part. If constant alcohol consumption was compulsary at the event (including fighters and ring girls) I'd be there with my **** out every week.

wtf is wrong you man

you need to chill out

I like the idea of an open surface but no wrestler would put them self in that situation they need a cage to stall and finish takedowns

I like the idea of your event bro!

I myself believe the event should be classy and the sport of mma should be shown in this way. I really like how glory present things

MMA should follow. I dont really attend many events much because of the trashy crowd it brings.

tl;dr:

Fighters should get rid of their personalities; they should all be the same.

Yeah, your logic would make MMA one of the most boring sports there ever was.

Also get everyone in the arena to dress like this and it would be even more classier:

Mr_peanut.png

Now that's classy, my friend.

I like your suggestions. There should be a mandatory dress code for the audience as well. Maybe something like this:
1334238595657.jpg

No sponsors and no alcohol sales?
I really hope youre not one of the people that cries about fighter pay because if you thinkit sucks now just wait til you remove those revenue streams

I like your suggestions. There should be a mandatory dress code for the audience as well. Maybe something like this:
1334238595657.jpg
You totally don't get it.

He said classy.

That's not classy, this is classy:

gentleman.png

btw, that's not wine, that's cranberry juice.

tl;dr:

Fighters should get rid of their personalities; they should all be the same.

Yeah, your logic would make MMA one of the most boring sports there ever was.

Also get everyone in the arena to dress like this and it would be even more classier:

Mr_peanut.png

Now that's classy, my friend.

Are you seriously implying that fighters having same uniform and similar style (not same) walkout music would take out their personality?
If somebody loses their personality because they cannot wear multicolor shorts with flames in them, have ugly hoodies when walking out to Katy Perry, they must have pretty boring personality.
UFC looks like some advertisement full of amateurs (not referring to skills) who put on their surf shorts and just randomly picked some song from their iPod, not like highest pinnacle of unarmed combat between two athletes.

No sponsors and no alcohol sales?
I really hope youre not one of the people that cries about fighter pay because if you thinkit sucks now just wait til you remove those revenue streams

Sponsors belong to pro sport scene but they don't belong to the actual competition. Commercial breaks, sponsor announcements, fighters thanking their sponsors, wearing sponsored clothes in media... you know, there's countless amount of ways to sponsor without ruining the event. Only sponsor I remember from the UFC is Miller Light and then that "Corn to the core" which company I don't even remember by name. I doubt anyone gets positive view of these companies when they are pushed into your face with their ugly logos and ruining the whole atmosphere of the actual combat.

1334238595657.jpg

I don't watch MMA to see the audience. To me they can be wearing burkha or be naked, I don't give a damn. I'm watching combat and I'm interested in the fighters. Audience is whatever to me as long as they don't act like idiots (what they do when alcohol is served in high amounts). Now, of course I would love it even more if every woman was in a beautiful dress and every man was in a classy suit, but I don't care enough to complain about audiences dressing.

Back