My diet, Critique it

I forgot to comment on your diet in the last post. I would try to get a veggie in before noon. I always take down spinach with my eggs. Maybe have a salad with your turkey sandwich. I'd also have a veggie with the salmon instead of a V8. The diet doesn't look horrible

I don't like spinach with my eggs, or in the morning. :icon_sad:

Why do you suggest veggie instead of v8, basically the real foods > processed? In this case I might just forgo the real food, because its more work to prepare.

You think my veggies arn't enough?

3 days a week with proper rest spaced between is the perfect lifting routine. More than that is actually overtraining. Assuming you are "strength training" that is. If you are toning up, cutting weight, tear it up.

I don't like spinach with my eggs, or in the morning. :icon_sad:

Why do you suggest veggie instead of v8, basically the real foods > processed? In this case I might just forgo the real food, because its more work to prepare.

You think my veggies arn't enough?

If I'm eating anything, I try to have a veggie with it. Snack, meal, etc. It's not hard for me because I really like veggies. Veggies would be better than the V8 for the real foods over processed, but if you love V8, keep drinking it. I think it's best to make a diet that is not only optimal in health but you like as well.

why fish oil over flax seed? Don't they both have omega 3 fat which is the goal of consuming them?

If you do a search you'll see that this question has been asked many many times. Basically, iirc the body needs to do a lot more work to get the epa/dha from flax and gets a very small amount. Flax is still good for other things, but overall fish oil is the way to go.

BTW you should read the FAQ and do a couple of searches because you will be much better informed. Most of the regular, informed posters dont even post in these threads when its evident that someone didnt read the FAQ.

Pretty good start! You didn't mention, to my knowledge, how tall you are and how much you weight currently. That being said, it seems to me that you might want to examine how much protein you are having per day. My first reaction looking over your plan is that you might need a bit more, but then again if you're 5'6'' and 150 or something like that you are probably fine. The four suggestions I would make are as follows.

1) If you are doing weight training in between your banana and your breakfast, you need to be having a PWO shake with whey protein. I would suggest having that right when you finish working out and pushing your breakfast back to 8:00. Egg protein digests in 6 hours roughly, as opposed to whey protein which digests in 3-4. Your body really needs protein as fast as possible after you finish weight training to start recovering properly.

2) I would add a spinach or mixed green salad somewhere in the day, perhaps at your 2:00 meal.

3) I would take casein protein, egg protein, or cottage cheese right before you get into bed to prevent catabolism.

4) You don't really need the apple at breakfast, but if you really like them you could eat one right after your workout with you PWO shake. Fruit is a pretty good source of carbs at a time like that from what I've read.

Good luck!

5'9 155 right now, I'm going to add some casein protein to my glass of milk before bed. I need to be at work at 8:00, and I like to workout in the morning, so it'll be hard to fit in that PWO protein shake.

Unless... I take the shake right after working out, shower etc, then eat my breakfast. Guess that works.

thanks for all the advice everyone.

What I will critique is your use of the flag. I've got friends who've died in Iraq and your tasteless image you proudly display is shameful.

What I will critique is your use of the flag. I've got friends who've died in Iraq and your tasteless image you proudly display is shameful.

I gotta agree with this. Call GW Bush whatever you want, but disrespecting the flag like that is a bit much.

yeah i'd watch the three day thing, unless you have a physically demanding job. 4 would be better to put on mass. Just make sure you count your calories and make sure you're getting enough to pack it on. I made a mistake recently with a similar mass building program, my workouts weren't intense enough and started to put on a lot of fat. Also get the low sodium v8, the regular stuff is tasty, but FULL of salt.

upside down flag = a country in distress. I love America, interpret it as you wish.

Back