My dad's secret persuasion technique

I'm leaning towards begging/pleading/crying. I'm thinking on his knees, tears streaming, stuttering p-p-please, with a big ole snot bubble coming out of his nose. No man would want his son to see him do that, and if you are in the dentist's/lake operator person's shoes, you'll agree to anything to make him stop.

He waves his hands in front of them and uses the force

*edit* never mind, I think your dad is Batman

He told everyone you were terminally ill TS. People tend to feel bad about dying children and whatnot.

Has anyone ever called you a "special boy" and "blessed your little heart" ?

He either bawled his nuts off like a 4 year old, or threatened them physically like a boss...one of those extremes.

Your father is a Jedi.

"You don't need to see my boat license..."

But seriously TS, this is easy to solve if you could have gone back after the deed was done and witnessed the demeanour of the people your father had "persuaded."

Did they look pitying? Fearful? Strangely satisfied?

You need to hire a P.I.

I think it was a combination of your dad telling them you were retarded and then threatening violence that if they don't help out his retarded kid he'd go to town on them and their families.

lol. this.

In surprised by the lack of references of taken...

Just ask him, you can probably learn that skill

Cool Stories, and I'm sure you have a great Dad, but he's no magician. He's just a reasonable guy that understands the value of privacy and discretion in negotiating.

Dentist- He asked you to go to the car because he was working out a payment plan. He was going to have to swallow his pride, and no father wants an offspring to see that. He may have got some docked off the price, but he was just working out terms. Honestly, do you think everyone who needs their wisdom teeth pulled has $2000 in cash on them?

Boat- That one is a little more interesting. My guess is that it was a combination of a beg and a bribe. Not the kind of begging you witnessed. But real, pride swallowing, humiliating begging, perhaps with a few extra bucks thrown in as a sweetner.

There is only a certain amount of self prostration a parent can do in front of their children before they begin to lose their respect.

He told everyone you were terminally ill TS. People tend to feel bad about dying children and whatnot.

He sure as shit didn't tell the dentist he was terminally ill. Why would you pull the wisdom teeth off a kid that was gonna be dead in a few months?

"I suck yo dick fo fi'dollah"

He sure as shit didn't tell the dentist he was terminally ill. Why would you pull the wisdom teeth off a kid that was gonna be dead in a few months?

I dunno man. Ease the suffering maybe?

Back