My dad's secret persuasion technique

Maybe your Dad was a Jedi.

Star-Wars-Attack-of-the-Clones-image-star-wars-attack-of-the-clones-36217220-500-269.gif

"Look lady; I know where you live. I know where your children go to school, and I know some big old queers who would just love to make their acquaintance. So fill me out the damn form."

Something along those lines, anyway.

Your father has given many blow jobs.

Persuasion?
As long as you're holding a microphone usually everyone will listen.

beretta92whogue.jpg

sounds like you could afford to get your wisdom teeth done if you werent buying sailboats

Sounds likes you had cancer and or were retarded or he was using intimidation. I'm leaning strongly towards him getting aggressive though. Sending you to the car like that would set the alarm off in my head that this is about to get really ugly and that would be without the knowledge of him hanging out with unsavory types.

Ever seen that South Park episode where Butters follows his dad around secretly to see what he's getting up to? Yeah, probably something like that.

Sounds likes you had cancer and or were retarded or he was using intimidation. I'm leaning strongly towards him getting aggressive though. Sending you to the car like that would set the alarm off in my head that this is about to get really ugly and that would be without the knowledge of him hanging out with unsavory types.

Gonna have to go with this. The dentist would know if you had health issues. You don't schedule a surgery without medical knowledge of the patient. The lake lady might have bought the "retarded" or "ill" card, though.

Being sent to the car? Sounds like he was threatening violence.

I think it was a combination of your dad telling them you were retarded and then threatening violence that if they don't help out his retarded kid he'd go to town on them and their families.

What if it's as simple as having a "man to man" with the person? If he can get five minutes alone with someone, and he can dispel the business atmosphere--which is what the person in authority generally leans on--he could pull it off. Having you go to the car could very well just be a gesture that says, "It's just you and me. There are no witnesses here, let's come to some arrangment."

I mean it's all well and good when someone can stand behind a counter and point to a laminated sign that says "fuck off", but if you take that card away from them, they very well may fold.

i.e. I know there is a policy, sign saying "such and such", etc...but let's forget about signs and policies for a second and talk this over like reasonable adults.

Or we can stick to your Dad giving out handies and talking about how "junior is special".

Any chance of some TL/DR cliffs?

OP wants to know how his dad was able to persuade people.

He gave 2 examples:
-Getting his wisdom teeth pulled was going to cost $2000, but his family was too po' to afford that, so his dad sent him out to the car so he could have buttsecks with the dentist in exchange for the operation.

-Some bitch that works at a lake wouldn't sell them a day pass, so he sent junior to the car once again and then touched the bitch with teh jab until she coughed up a pass.

OP wants to know how his pops persuaded those people while I want to know why he's asking on here instead of asking his dad.

OP wants to know how his dad was able to persuade people.

He gave 2 examples:
-Getting his wisdom teeth pulled was going to cost $2000, but his family was too po' to afford that, so his dad sent him out to the car so he could have buttsecks with the dentist in exchange for the operation.

-Some bitch that works at a lake wouldn't sell them a day pass, so he sent junior to the car once again and then touched the bitch with teh jab until she coughed up a pass.

OP wants to know how his pops persuaded those people while I want to know why he's asking on here instead of asking his dad.

That's another red flag right there.

He couldn't have said you were ill because the dentist would have needed too much information that he would not have before taking out your teeth (what medication you are/have been on ect). IMO it must be negative, a threat of sorts, otherwise you would think this amazing knowledge of persuasion tactics would have been passed on to the son he evidently cares a lot about.

Lol at 'we were really poor' followed by 'our boat wasn't big'

He told them his son was retarded and could you please cut him a break?

Just joking, Fedorgasm. I'd say your dad was just a boss.

Maybe your dad just cries like a little girl to gain sympathy? Nothing more pathetic or awkward than seeing a grown man cry. That's probably why he sent you to the car; he didn't want you to see him crying like a Nancy.

Back