My Dad could beat up your dad

My Dad is an intellectual badass. Zero physical skills, totally nerd.

I have kids and I wager I'll be the toughest Dad in that bracket. Others have certainly said so already! I think really storied amateur or professional services HWs are where my limit is.

My dad has passed away but he was a bit of a bad ass (and crazy...and stupid) back in the day.

At a party with my mom and this biker was trying to hit on her. She told him she was with my dad and the guy was persistent. My dad caught wind of it and grabbed his shotgun out of his truck. He chased after the guy with it and the guy started running down the street. My dad sprayed him in the back with it and then his biker friends knocked my dad down and beat the shit out of him.

They both wound up in adjacent rooms at the same hospital. No one told on the other and they all wound up being cool afterward lol.

I was fortunate to have a father to look up to. He worked hard as a welder, taught me to lift weights, shave, shoot a gun, and enjoy coffee. He's a great hunter, a dead eye shot and can build just about anything. The best stories are the ones that my mom told me when I was older about my old man in high school. Apparently he was quite the scrapper in his younger days and came out on top the majority of the time.

Anyhow, hope your dad keeps trucking TS and you get to spend many more years with him.

My dad has passed away but he was a bit of a bad ass (and crazy...and stupid) back in the day.

At a party with my mom and this biker was trying to hit on her. She told him she was with my dad and the guy was persistent. My dad caught wind of it and grabbed his shotgun out of his truck. He chased after the guy with it and the guy started running down the street. My dad sprayed him in the back with it and then his biker friends knocked my dad down and beat the shit out of him.

They both wound up in adjacent rooms at the same hospital. No one told on the other and they all wound up being cool afterward lol.
Lol no snitching. Props

When I was growing up my dad was a badass. Brown belt in Judo, black in Karate, used to play rugby on the wing and had serious speed, loved to take long distance cycle trips, loved to kayak. I thought he was the coolest. When we were 12 he walked out on the family because my mum was "untidy". Turned out he'd been having a few affairs. Didn't see him for a long time, now I only catch up with him for a few days every 5 or 10 years.

Now he's a flat-earther, sovereign citizen, conspiracy theorist running from debt collectors. I think a lot of dads feel they need to be adulated in their kids eye's, but the best dads are the ones that simply man up to their obligations and put their kids first.

I raised my brothers and sisters from the time I was 12 as my mum was working 3-4 jobs to keep things together and they turned out OK, but I don't want to raise kids of my own.
Lol I like your dads style currently

my dad was basically just a sperm donor, he didn't have much to do with me. As far as being tough, I don't know if you could say he was tough, but he was creative and dirty. He was the king of improvising weapons, the amount of shit he hit me with would probably make you all laugh. After he took his own life I was emotionally affected, but in terms of what I'd be "missing" there wasn't much I could think of. Then I got stuck with my mother living with me now since she is going blind, he ran up debt that he stuck her with and he killed himself just short of when she could collect his social security; so thanks for the one last "fuck you" dad

Tough, no. asshole, YUP

Dad is in his 60s and, only now, starting to come off as mortal to us.

Physically, he was big enough to get looks from D-I schools at defensive end but p4p strong enough to do the bar, floor and rings as a gymnast and perfectly willing to tell both sports to pound sand because the family business needed him and there was skiing to be done, dammit!

He was the de facto bouncer in a few local hangouts where it was common practice for bar-goers to tell an obnoxious bully that the quiet Neil Young-looking guy playing pool terribly said something about him. Then the guy would usually punch his own ticket. He was fair, though. It was a rare occasion that he would actually chase a guy down to beat him. Stopped bar fighting after he got his hand bit bad right around the time AIDS was making the news. Scared the hell out of him and mom woke us up to stand in front of him for perspective.

Worked six or seven days a week for years (and had no qualms about waking me up with a football to the belly of I didn't jump up to help out.)

I taught him how to shoot... sort of. First time he picked up a pistol in his life, he made a five shot three inch grouping at seven yards.

Last time I remember us skiing together, he still put me to shame. Sucks to think that that probably will be the last time we ski together as he's likely given it up.

My dad was a marine that did two tours in Vietnam.

He came home with a brand new plan…

Because he was sprayed with Agent Orange and became a scitso. He eventually shot himself in the heart with two guns at the same time. When my uncle found him he said he had a smile on his face.

My dad could probably work two jobs and come home and goto sleep better then your dad!

This is the thread where we brag about how cool or tough our dads were. I dont know about you guys but this discussion came up at least once in my childhood.

Anyway, my dad was a stud linebacker in h.s, went on to become one of those hardworking construction guys. One thing i remember that stands out that he used to do was when i was about 8, he used to wake up at 3 am, go to the gym, lift weights, then go to work construction at 6 am till 5pm.

He always got women too. My moms a beautiful girl and is actually the sister of one of the toughest and feared dudes in our town, my uncle. So my dad had some balls to pull her.

Now and days he aint doin so well. Hes 56, only 10 percent of his heart is working, yet hes still doin manual labor. Alot of his good friends have already passed in their 50s too.

So what about your dads?

sounds like your dad didn't get much sleep. thats really sad and im sorry to hear about his health issues. my dad was a tough too and had that natural wiry afghan toughness. the kind that are born tough. where glass jaws were weeded out of the gene pool thousands of years ago. but ya today not so well. he has leukemia.

Well i have to give the obligatory "my father is the toughest person that i know" but for me it's actually true. He wasn't really a father to me but regardless i'll try to keep it as short as possible

First off my father is brutally strong, like stupid strong. He's an industrial dry-fall painter and has been swinging around gigantic jugs of paint and essentially cleaning up construction sites as well since he was 20 years old. His back looks like the great wall of china and he feels like a boulder to the touch. Second, if you meet him you would never realize he is bat shit crazy. He is the most easy going person and can take all sorts of shit from people and not care but if you mess with his family in anyway shape or form he becomes your worst nightmare from hell. He is Cretan and if anyone knows anything about the island of Crete it's that there has historically been a long tradition of vendetta just like in Sicily and other southern islands of europe. We have a very interesting history which i will list off as quickly as possible but my great great great x's 100 grandfather was known as the "Turk Killer" in Istanbul at the time when the ottoman empire took over Greece. Our family migrated to Istanbul and apparently he went around killing Turkish people in his spare time and they gave him the nickname "Turk Killer" which later became the history of our last name (it's probably a bullshit story but my father believes it nonetheless), My great grandfather is a war hero in Crete for supplying the arms to the guerilla camps during the invasion of Crete by the Nazi paratroopers. If any one knows anything about that particular invasion it's that although Crete was lost to the Germans we kicked the absolute dog shit out of them and gave some serious resistance before they could eventually overtake it, My family is currently in a decades long feud with another family in a neighboring village for what ever reason but as time progresses it's not taken as seriously.

The point of mentioning this stuff is because my father has been intoxicated his whole life with these sorts of stories and he believes that hes still a cow boy in the wild west, Crete is known for it's gun and knife culture and zero tolerance of disrespect and it really influenced his behavior. Just one quick story so you can get the idea of what he has done in the past. My brother had some stupid school yard beef with some kid when he was 18 years old that lasted for quite some time. My father kept telling him to defend himself and to learn how to deal with it but it simply kept continuing. My father decided to talk to the boys father and talk it out instead and it seemed to have been fine for a while after that but a few weeks later this same boy decided to jump my brother with a few of his friends and they beat him up really bad and this was seriously bad timing because my grandfather had just passed away a couple days before so he was really not in the mood for this. Don't ask me how but my father found out where this guys father worked, waited for him in the parking lot to finish up and when he came outside beat the crap out of him, put a pistol in his mouth and told him if he ever heard of any other issues between them he will come back and blow his brains out

Cliffs
My dads a fucking psycho

My family is legit fucked up on my dad's side.
My dad had one of the most fucked up lives i can think of.
My grandfather used to force him and my uncle (older than my dad by 10 months), to fight for sport while him and his friends got drunk and made bets on who would win. If my dad lost, he got hit for being a loser, and if he won he got beat for beating my grandfathers favorite kid.
This continued until at 15 my dad finally stood up to my grandfather. He was thrown down some cement stairs and KO'd. My aunt ran out of the house screaming at my grandfather that he killed him. My dad woke up and went outside and snapped.

He was always that 15 year old kid beating up the 18-19 year olds in school. When he was 16-17 he was beating most of the men in bars as there was nothing else to do in an old mining city. In HS He studied boxing for 2 years, had a few smokers and wrestled for one year to compliment his fights he knew he would get into. He wasn't a big guy (5'8" 165lbs in good shape at the time) but was always quite strong and powerful.

When i was 14 i was attacked from behind by some 6 foot 250lb 30 year old looking for my brother. I managed to break free and got inside my house. I watched my father throw this asshole a good 6 feet outward before jumping on top of him and pummeling him toothless and into a 15 minute sleep.

His favorite pass time is hunting, fishing, archery, just all around bush kind of things. I eventually became similar to him in a lot of ways but was never subjected to beatings or stupid shit that my grampa did.

Well i have to give the obligatory "my father is the toughest person that i know" but for me it's actually true. He wasn't really a father to me but regardless i'll try to keep it as short as possible

First off my father is brutally strong, like stupid strong. He's an industrial dry-fall painter and has been swinging around gigantic jugs of paint and essentially cleaning up construction sites as well since he was 20 years old. His back looks like the great wall of china and he feels like a boulder to the touch. Second, if you meet him you would never realize he is bat shit crazy. He is the most easy going person and can take all sorts of shit from people and not care but if you mess with his family in anyway shape or form he becomes your worst nightmare from hell. He is Cretan and if anyone knows anything about the island of Crete it's that there has historically been a long tradition of vendetta just like in Sicily and other southern islands of europe. We have a very interesting history which i will list off as quickly as possible but my great great great x's 100 grandfather was known as the "Turk Killer" in Istanbul at the time when the ottoman empire took over Greece. Our family migrated to Istanbul and apparently he went around killing Turkish people in his spare time and they gave him the nickname "Turk Killer" which later became the history of our last name (it's probably a bullshit story but my father believes it nonetheless), My great grandfather is a war hero in Crete for supplying the arms to the guerilla camps during the invasion of Crete by the Nazi paratroopers. If any one knows anything about that particular invasion it's that although Crete was lost to the Germans we kicked the absolute dog shit out of them and gave some serious resistance before they could eventually overtake it, My family is currently in a decades long feud with another family in a neighboring village for what ever reason but as time progresses it's not taken as seriously.

The point of mentioning this stuff is because my father has been intoxicated his whole life with these sorts of stories and he believes that hes still a cow boy in the wild west, Crete is known for it's gun and knife culture and zero tolerance of disrespect and it really influenced his behavior. Just one quick story so you can get the idea of what he has done in the past. My brother had some stupid school yard beef with some kid when he was 18 years old that lasted for quite some time. My father kept telling him to defend himself and to learn how to deal with it but it simply kept continuing. My father decided to talk to the boys father and talk it out instead and it seemed to have been fine for a while after that but a few weeks later this same boy decided to jump my brother with a few of his friends and they beat him up really bad and this was seriously bad timing because my grandfather had just passed away a couple days before so he was really not in the mood for this. Don't ask me how but my father found out where this guys father worked, waited for him in the parking lot to finish up and when he came outside beat the crap out of him, put a pistol in his mouth and told him if he ever heard of any other issues between them he will come back and blow his brains out

Cliffs
My dads a fucking psycho

sounds like an asshole for nearly killing the guy. but maybe i need more details.

My Dad was soft spoken, anti violence, loved gardening and writing and reading poetry. Needless to say I was surprised to hear at his funeral several of his old high school friends remembering him as the guy who would fearlessly fight anyone and often beat up much larger guys. I was like WTF? It also seemed like an odd memory to share at a funeral, but it's what stood out for those guys.

My Grandpa was WWII vet and a military boxer, so he was pretty tough. He was also an abusive asshole and a racist.

My family is legit fucked up on my dad's side.
My dad had one of the most fucked up lives i can think of.
My grandfather used to force him and my uncle (older than my dad by 10 months), to fight for sport while him and his friends got drunk and made bets on who would win. If my dad lost, he got hit for being a loser, and if he won he got beat for beating my grandfathers favorite kid.
This continued until at 15 my dad finally stood up to my grandfather. He was thrown down some cement stairs and KO'd. My aunt ran out of the house screaming at my grandfather that he killed him. My dad woke up and went outside and snapped.

He was always that 15 year old kid beating up the 18-19 year olds in school. When he was 16-17 he was beating most of the men in bars as there was nothing else to do in an old mining city. In HS He studied boxing for 2 years, had a few smokers and wrestled for one year to compliment his fights he knew he would get into. He wasn't a big guy (5'8" 165lbs in good shape at the time) but was always quite strong and powerful.

When i was 14 i was attacked from behind by some 6 foot 250lb 30 year old looking for my brother. I managed to break free and got inside my house. I watched my father throw this asshole a good 6 feet outward before jumping on top of him and pummeling him toothless and into a 15 minute sleep.

His favorite pass time is hunting, fishing, archery, just all around bush kind of things. I eventually became similar to him in a lot of ways but was never subjected to beatings or stupid shit that my grampa did.

Well, this wasn't supposed to be "which dad has the most fucked up childhood" but my Dad competes with yours.

My Dad was the youngest of 5. He told me his father came home drunk one night and woke up all the kids and lined them up oldest to youngest against a wall. Then he brought out a cat he hit and killed on his drive home. He started with the oldest and told her to take a bite, chew and swallow it. She cried and refused so he beat her for refusing to follow his directions. He went down the line beating each one for refusing to follow his directions. He finally got to my Dad, and Dad decided to avoid the beating, so he ate a piece of the cat. Grandpa beat him worst of all because "What kinda idiot eats a cat?"

My old man fucked off when i was just a little baby. No real man would do such a thing.

I was more so trying to preclude how my dad became a tough dude lol . That guy has been in more fights than Jeremy Horn, small dude koing big guys because he stopped giving a fuck.

He was a delinquent and did a bunch of stupid shit but he shined shoes and worked as a cook to pay his way through med school to become a successful surgeon. He sent a girl a severed penis from anatomy lab once...and he drove drunk and hit a light pole another time. He had a nasty scar on the medial flexor surface of his thumb where he said he was stealing candy or something but fell and sliced his thumb on a machete. He commanded the respect of thousands of people and met the former king of South Africa when he came to see his hospital. He always used to talk to me and my brother about his theories and he was a handyman - fixed cars, restored houses, etc. I remember one summer he made my brother and I (we were both <13 yo at the time) dig a 20' x 10' hole using normal shovels for a pond. He suffered from multiple heart attacks, went through multiple CABG's, and ended up dying of respiratory failure from complications of CML, DM, CAD, CRF. I thought it was strange when he passed, his ex-wife came to the hospital and said she forgave him. I'm not sure what he did or how the relationship ended but his son from that marriage always resented him for it.

Also, amidst all of the Medical books....he has several shelves worth...thousands of dollars in books...all he would do was read in his spare time. He had a whole row in a shelf dedicated to Playboy Magazines. A lot of them still in the cover, probably around 100 magazines. I didn't count them.

Last edited:
My dad is probably the least physically threatening man alive - I operate under no illusions that he was ever tough or could beat anyone up.

However, for better or for worse, he is my role model and inspiration.

What he lacks in physical prowess, he makes up for in intellect. While his story is a long and weird one, in a nutshell:

1) Born dirt poor in Guyana (on a sugar plantation) and lived in zinc shack with 10 siblings
2) He was exceptionally bright, and won the British Commonwealth scholarship to study in Canada. Left home at 14, never came back
3) Came to Canada, was somehow poorer than before (student struggles and all), but earns Ph.D
4) Goes on to become professor and pioneer in the field of remote sensing and coastal modeling (even invented his own theorem)

Loving, but complicated man. His hardships burned into him alot of anger and resentment, but he never directed it towards my siblings or myself. He loved us without condition or reservation, and as a son, that's all that mattered to me.

Whenever I feel like slacking or complaining that I have it hard, I remember him telling me stories of having to sow his own school close, or only eating one meal a day (normally sugar and roti). If he can come from nothing and accomplish what he did, then I have no excuses.

My dad was a paddy wagon cop in Alabama during segregation. He's seen some shit.

Back