My Dad could beat up your dad

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Thought Criminal, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Thought Criminal

Thought Criminal Banned Banned

This is the thread where we brag about how cool or tough our dads were. I dont know about you guys but this discussion came up at least once in my childhood.

Anyway, my dad was a stud linebacker in h.s, went on to become one of those hardworking construction guys. One thing i remember that stands out that he used to do was when i was about 8, he used to wake up at 3 am, go to the gym, lift weights, then go to work construction at 6 am till 5pm.

He always got women too. My moms a beautiful girl and is actually the sister of one of the toughest and feared dudes in our town, my uncle. So my dad had some balls to pull her.

Now and days he aint doin so well. Hes 56, only 10 percent of his heart is working, yet hes still doin manual labor. Alot of his good friends have already passed in their 50s too.

So what about your dads?

2. Zer

Zer Gold Belt

Your dad sounds badass. Hope he still has a long ways to go bro

3. DIABOLUS

DIABOLUS Banned Banned

My dad would not qualify as tough in the traditional sense. But he is a hard worker, and instilled in me the value of hard work and sacrifice, a thirst for knowledge, and a drive to always try to better myself. So he'll always have my respect.

4. Thought Criminal

Thats where my dad lacked. He always sat back and wanted us to figure everything out. Never really pushed us to be this or that.

clutchCAT420 and Prime Ang like this.
  5. Prime Ang

Prime Ang Kang Banned

My dad's dead

6. Thought Criminal

Yeah but you still got memories.

7. FierceRedBelt

FierceRedBelt Red Belt

What's a dad?

8. Sycho Sid

Sycho Sid Master of the world and the universe

9. Joe Wong

Joe Wong Gold Belt Banned

My dad's pretty cool. Ran for Congress back in like 95 and got like 5% of the vote or something insignificant.

He put is in a financial hole for a bit with that move, but we got out of it. He's always been very politically involved. He's a teacher now at a community college and runs his own HVAC business. He's probably cooler than @Zer dad.

Zer, Organic Damage, Malvo and 2 others like this.
  10. Pugilistic

Pugilistic Silver Belt

My dad used to fly jet fighters. But in a fist fight he probably wouldn’t beat a lot of other dads. He’s also 61.

biscuitsbrah likes this.
  11. DIABOLUS

DIABOLUS Banned Banned

If I ever have kids, I see myself as trying to find a balance between both extremes. Encourage the kids and push them to succeed, but also give them room to figure things out themselves, give them room to succeed and fail on their own, in a safe environment.

Of course this all hinges on me tricking a girl into getting knocked up...

Organic Damage and Exi like this.
  12. MadSquabbles500

MadSquabbles500 Steel Belt

So your dad is also a druggie, alcoholic, and chain smoker?

biscuitsbrah and clutchCAT420 like this.
  13. MadSquabbles500

MadSquabbles500 Steel Belt

My father came here with nothing. Worked in restaurants, then bought some buildings in Manhattan when they were worthless, and is now worth tens of millions of dollars if not more.

Only problem is he has no idea how to assimilate me and my sister. He thinks his old world ways will work here. They did not which me and my sister found out the hard way.

14. ehtheist

ehtheist #FreeBanchan Banned

My dad was born in the mid 1930’s in Germany. He remembers hearing Hitler speak live over the radio. He grew up in an environment where guns where plentiful, bombs killed many of his friends, food was scarce, and some crazy shit went on. His father died in Operation Barbarossa during WWII. He sometimes tells me a story about his teacher as a kid – a priest, who was also a golden gloves boxing champ – would deal with troublesome kids by tying one arm behind his back and beating the crap out of the kid. It happened to him because a much older kid insulted him in school so he waited around a corner for the kid with a plank and put him in the hospital. He speaks fondly of that old priest.

He moved to the U.S., on his own, not speaking English, in his early 20’s because he didn’t want to get drafted in another German war, and made his way across the States as pipefitter, with no family or guidance. He lived a life that’s rough – like, Hollywood rough. Car chases through orchards with cops, once having to escape back to Germany because he sold his car to some guy and then stole it back that night, and it was the wrong guy to pull that crap on. He’s literally cut the chain on a closed Canadian border because he didn’t want his Porsche out in a snowstorm. He had licenses in over 10 states and provinces, back before records were kept digitally, so he could get around having his license taken away in individual states. His friends that I grew up calling “uncle” are a bunch of legbreakers, Hell’s Angels, and one guy who is serving time for murdering a guy who got too pushy asking for drugs. I think Uncle Dave is out soon - I kind of miss going on hunting trips with him. Then there's Uncle Raive who would rip the scalps off of guys he fought with his rings. One time I told him that one of my profs – a guy with a Spanish (see: Mexican) last name – was very rude and negative towards me and might negatively influence my getting into a grad program and I got a call from the head of the local chapter of the Hell’s Angel’s the next day asking if this guy needed to be talked to.

Growing up, he was sometimes gone for months at a time, him working *way* up north in weather that was -40 (Celsius) or lower before the wind chill, 12 hour shifts, oftentimes 7 days a week. He made a bloody fortune on overtime, and he'd come home and teach us to shoot guns, survive in the bush, value knowledge, and not take crap from people.

You north Americans think your dads are tough, but my Papa would kill the parade of pussies that are going to be listed in here. They beat him in a fight? He’s around the corner with a bat. They beat him with the bat? He’s going to come back with a gun. My Papa didn't win every fight, but the son of a bitch who beat him paid.

He is a scary man. I love the old fart. Not many people have lived the life he has. He's almost 80 now and I've spent years on the speech I'll one day give at his funeral, titled "hard man." If they made a movie about the guy, most of you pantywaists would be worshipping him as a "badass" or whatever pop-term you use to refer to people whose crap is bigger than you.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
    trolololol, Zer, Tentacle and 3 others like this.
  15. Thought Criminal

Hells angels arent scary. Bunch of fat out of shape guys with tats. My uncle used to beat the shit out of big bikers. My uncles a hardcore cowboy. He wrestled down a bull.

Your dad seems cool. What happened with you?

16. Exi

Exi Dark Web Sys Adm/n Banned

My pops taught me the scissor leg sweep/take-down, and ankle pick take down when I was 7, and he brought me to my first boxing club at 10 years old.

He always emphasized strategy, being a complete striker by being equally proficient from both sides of the body.
    Psychological tactics, and mental condition were also stressed.

As an example of his tactics; we were on a fly in fishing trip in northern Manitoba, Canada, portaging and rapid running from lake to lake, when we ran into some problems with a group of 3 men that decided to pitch a camp right next to ours on an island in the middle of the lake, when they could have camped anywhere else, as we were in the middle of a vast lake and forest system with no humans around for 50 miles. My father brought this to their attention and these guys decided to get verbally aggressive (I was twelve at the time). It was a pretty awkward evening to say the least with hearing these guys talking shit about my dad within earshot. We retired to our tent around 10pm, but right before we called it a night, my dad got me to hold the light so he could project the shadow of my air rifle on the walls of the tent. The assholes went quiet immediately, and were gone without a trace by 6 am when we awoke.

biscuitsbrah, Zer and Malvo like this.
  17. j123

j123 Pro Sherdogger 500-0-1

My old man's a welder, but he's more of a survivor than badass I'd say. Old school nam war vet. Post war, he got sent to communist "re-education" camp, where most of his friends got killed off. The commies truly believed in recycling. Prisoners would work to plant and grow produce, and they'd have them use their shit as manure, and repeat. A few times he went without food because it wasn't done properly and he smelt shit coming from his meal.
    He said it was the longest 3 1/2 years of his life. His uncle (my great uncle) got killed trying to escape (shot through the back while scaling the fence). A prison friend of his got shot by accident cause the guards were chasing after another dude who "stole" food. No funeral for the shot guy, just dig a ditch, and toss his body in, and get back to work. Guy who stole food didn't get shot, but he got beat pretty bad.

After release, he got a boat to head here. On the way over the boat got raided by Thai pirates, and they took all the chicks, jewels (some richer folks tried to bring them), etc. His best friend fought back because they were taking his fiance, and they shot hit right there.

He said he had PTSD when he immigrated here. Nightmares about the camp for about a couple of months. It left once I came around, both him and my mom said he stopped having nightmares of the camp around the time of my birth.
    He's pretty religious though; Going through events like that, and surviving he turned to Christianity. He figured it was a sign when everyone around him was getting dropped like flies, and nearing his breaking point he was lucky enough to get sponsored over by some decent folks.

Somewhat related, but I remember some hippie trying to "apologize" to him stating the Americans being bad dudes for bombing north viet commies, and praising the commies, and he nearly lost his shit. We've had a couple of broken TVs when he rages from seeing documentaries showing hippies doing their dumb shit.

Zer, Brampton_Boy and Exi like this.
  18. LEGS MAHONEY

LEGS MAHONEY genetically modified man shark

The rock would beat the shit out of all of your dads.

19. Thought Criminal

cool story. Your dads smart. Instead of fighting the guys, he fucked with their heads and won. What kind of douches camp next to somebody with a bunch of open space

Malvo and Exi like this.
  20. Joe Wong

Joe Wong Gold Belt Banned

That sounds pretty bad ass. Until you find out your papa did none of that and made it all up. Probably born in Scranton, PA or something