My complaint for the day (long and petty)

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by JoeyJoeJoeJr, Sep 11, 2019 at 7:45 AM.

1. JoeyJoeJoeJr

JoeyJoeJoeJr Brown Belt

Why does the top brass always think they know best?

At my work we have sign in sheets. Any visitor or temporary worker has to sign in before entering the plant. The sheets have not been altered in like 20 years.

We're talking basic stuff like name, signature, phone number, time in, time out etc.

One of the owners walks in last week and says he doesn't like the sheets because the time out box was being covered up by the clipboard. The time out box is the very last box and is meant for you to sign when leaving, but because it is right on the end of the paper, when you lift up the clip to stick the sheet under the clipboard, it covers up time out and part of another box.

We agreed altering the sheet so that time out isnt covered would be helpful.

Today HR walks over and hands me the new sheet. They left an inch at the end of the paper, so when I put it under the clipboard it doesn't cover up any boxes.

But, for some reason, he decides to switch the time in and time out box. This makes absolutely no sense. When has time out ever come before time in?

I already know this is going to cause problems. People who have been coming here for years are just going to assume the time in box is in the same spot, and sign in the wrong box. Switching the two boxes serves absolutely no purpose either, it just causes confusion.

Beyond that he removed the issued ear plugs box.

When he was here he asked me whether or not we keep track of how much safety equipment is being used. I tried to explain there's no way of doing that. You would have to take counts every month, basically looking at all the sign in sheets, counting how much safety gear was given, and then counting the amount taken from storage to see if it correlates. However, even that would not work as full time employees do not sign for safety gear, they just take it as needed, so there is really no way to keep proper track.

His solution was to remove the issued ear plugs box entirely. The thing is, the box isn't really there to keep track of whats taken, its to let the visitors know they need that equipment before entering. If you remove the box, how are they going to know earplugs are mandatory?

It just doesn't make sense.

Why not ask the expert? The guy who has been signing people in for years? The guy who actually knows what the sheets are for and what needs to be changed? Why take it upon yourself?

/rant

I want to alter the sheets myself

Tone C, Gregolian, dc007 and 6 others like this.
  2. HughPhug

HughPhug Red Belt

These fuckers get paid more than us to make shit decisions.
    Next time they have a meeting with other cunts they can say they've adjusted the entire sign in/out structure to make sure they get their Christmas bonus

I have it all the time, I could shit better decisions/ideas than the fucktards that work hundreds of miles away and never get anywhere near the action

3. SammyPops

SammyPops Gold Belt

That's a lot of words for a petty gripe.

JOE QUEEF and ToxicShocker like this.
  4. JoeyJoeJoeJr

JoeyJoeJoeJr Brown Belt

They don't call me petty joe jr for nothin

5. ShadBo

ShadBo Brown Belt Platinum Member

Take some classes via distance.
    Earn a degree.
    Find a better job.
    Work hard and become top brass.
    Design the best sign in sign out sheet the world has ever seen.

6. JoeyJoeJoeJr

JoeyJoeJoeJr Brown Belt

Inspiring

Sleestaxk likes this.
  7. SIRGAY HARITONOB!

SIRGAY HARITONOB! RED ARMY BELT

Some managers have to manage just to manage. They mostly suck.

8. ShadBo

ShadBo Brown Belt Platinum Member

You have the power to direct your future.

Think about all the receptionists worldwide that could use an exceptional sign in sign out sheet.

If you don't do it for yourself, do it for them.

9. Slick_36

Slick_36 Bad Man from Borger, Texas

They gotta justify their paycheck and position and sometimes that means "fixing" what isn't broken. I think the best way to fix it is to get everyone on board to fill in the time where the old boxes were, then you can all claim it was just assumed to be a typo to switch them. The management will be forced to change it back or look like a jackass. The earplug thing just sounds foolish, not sure how you fix that.

Gregolian, deviake, Sleestaxk and 2 others like this.
  10. lostdog000

lostdog000 Silver Belt

i hate being in a long line of cars, we finally get a green light, but the dipshit in front of me stops to let someone in, to be a nice guy

well, nice guy, u r screwing the cars behind u! and its illegal to stop at a green light!

eighterumg5 and mb23100 like this.
  11. fungi

fungi dolor es ...

I read a business case where one toothpaste factory had some product quality issues. Some of the tubes were sealed but empty inside or smth like that.

The mgmt hired the "consultants", paid gazillions, and installed an additional sophisticated computerized weight check point with an alarm into the production process. When there was an empty tube, the conveyor line stopped, and the operator went to the weight check point, removed the empty tube, and relaunched the conveyor. The check point/alarm counted the defects percentage, etc.

The next quarter the mgmt checked the stats. 0 defective tubes. Yet, 0 alarms getting set off. WTF? How? So they visited the factory, the alarm didn't go off once. The operator put a couple of fans next to the conveyor belt that blew the empty tubes away into the collector bin. Why'd he do it? Walking to the checkpoint and resetting the alarm after each empty tube was too much hassle for him. And there were no conveyor stoppages. Solution: $20-30 for the fans.

That's what you get when you hire "consultants" and pay through the nose without asking the person who works on the line.

12. ralphc1

ralphc1 Steel Belt Platinum Member

If they really want to keep track of safety equipment, Fastenal has vending machines to dispense and keep track of the items used. They can be connected to internal computer systems as well as send the information to Fastenal to restock them. They can be used with employee cards to see who is getting what. They can also be used to check out and return tools and equipment. Some companies using them have reported as high as 50% reduction in consumption.

lowlife, deviake and ToxicShocker like this.
  13. ralphc1

Managers want some justification for their existence as many places would run better without them. They feel the need to change procedures that have been in place for years, just for the sake of change. Where I worked, they paid by direct deposit and decided to stop giving employees check stubs. Instead, they would provide a computer for those who wanted a printout. Instead of an old desktop, they set up an iPad for employees to use. The iPad "disappeared" within a month.

14. JOE QUEEF

JOE QUEEF The "You Know Better Areola Slip" Belt Platinum Member

Just go on welfare and be done with it.

No stress.

15. CI

CI Orange Belt

dont worry AI will come along and make everything efficient. His time is up. hes just playing "manager" like how little girls play house with their dolls. paying mapleleaf just for a paycheck.

Sleestaxk likes this.
  16. Kanuck99

Kanuck99 Green Belt

As an executive, I am too busy thinking about my golf game and what I should have for lunch, than to be worried about you.

17. ralphc1

They are there for higher ups to blame when something doesn't work out the way they wanted.

deviake, SIRGAY HARITONOB! and fungi like this.
  18. ralphc1

You can buy a box of 200 pair of earplugs for $22 and possibly cheaper if you buy the 10 box case. Is it worthwhile wasting time worrying about 11 cent earplugs?

Company executives like to make deals with suppliers to have national contracts. Where I worked, the top brass decided that all of the safety equipment would be purchased through this national program to save money. The same box of 200 earplugs that we purchased for $22 from the local branch of the national supplier suddenly cost $33 from the national supplier. Either some executives were idiots or somebody was getting their pockets lined.

19. ralphc1

Bureaucrats love consultants and consultants love them. The consultants rubber stamp the bureaucrats ideas. When things don't work out, the bureaucrats blame the consultants and the consultants stay in business under a different name. Nobody is held responsible for anything.

deviake and fungi like this.
  20. mb23100

mb23100 Gold Belt

Every new manager we get has some dumbass ideas right out of the gate. Never fails. They just have to fix what isn't broken for some reason.

deviake, ralphc1 and fungi like this.