My cat attacked a dog to protect my daughter

View attachment 811954
@SammyPops Boerboel ....Had to look that up. Looks like a serious dog. Would love to wrestle for belly-rubs

A dude near my parents have a couple, and they are epic. The male is a tad standoffish but the female is so friendly and take the belly rubs like a champ

They are on a farm in southwestern Ontario where lots of coyotes are, and the dogs have pretty much run them all off.

They are legit alphas.

Our last cat before she got ran over was a lovely friendly thing. One day there was an almighty cat fight going on and she came sprinting home over the back fence.

Cue our other 2 cats to jump up and run outside with our German Shepherd. We had the mutt snarling at whatever it was that scared our cat and the other 2 cats perched on the fence hissing and spitting . If they had got hold of the other cat they would have probably tore it to pieces for attacking the other. Always thought cats were loners but they were all united then.

Always joke as well that my son's cat would guard him with her life. They have a serious bond going on. Shame she has a bad heart problem and we fear the worst over the next few years..

Animals are cool like that. I got a sheperd mix that nearly got into it with a Rottweiler because the Rott was getting too close to our son then the owner realized it and got him to leave. What a stupid fuck having a Rottweiler off a leash like that though. My dog's 65 pounds but he would have got destroyed but it makes me feel good knowing he'd step up to defend the baby.

These are the type of cats that I respect. They can be protective as well! A pissed off cat is no joke!

When I was a wee lad, we inherited a cat with our new house. One day as I played in the yard, I hear a yelp just before I turn to see a German Shepard running, fear of god, tail-tucked from our new pet from the recesses of our back porch. Now doubt he could have devoured the feline nearly whole, but he wasn't about to turn around. Much later, as a grown man, we had a 80# Collie and a 8# cat. The cat used to sit on a chair/couch arm or whatever and swat the curious, friendly dog for no reason.
*Like*

source.gif

Back