My brother got promoted by Eddie Bravo today.

thread_direction.gif

haha

Dude.../threadjack-Maybe you should just post once in any thread you don't care for. lol

Congrats on your bro getting to blue! That's something I have yet to do and I've been training for twice as long as him.

Do you plan on following in his footsteps?

wait....he got a blue belt in BJJ or a blue shirt rank from Eddie in 10th planet jj?

No. They get a belt. But he is now allowed to wear the blue shirt and wear the blue 10th planet patch on his gi pants.

Congrats to your brother and congrats for what you do/did. Society may not want to talk about it, but they need people to kill so they don't have to. Thanks for the honesty. It's refreshing to not hear someone talk about having to neutralize the enemy for once and call it what it is.

Thanks

i'm in military too and you sound pretty psychotic to me. going around puffing out your chest bragging about how your a combat killer on an internet forum is pretty sick bro... you might wanna go talk to your chaplain or better yet psychiatrist.

known, worked and lived with plenty of "bad asses" who were blown up, shot at, cut people in half.. yeah we talk about it and laugh about it.. but only with people who can relate. every time i go home my brother asks me if i've ever killed anybody while we play call of duty together and every time the answer is no.

only people that i've known to go around and brag about what they did or saw outside of conversations with other people who could relate were brand new privates who were talking about basic training or people who posed a serious threat to the well being to the unit and to themselves.

Thanks for your concern. I am no longer in the military. I went private. Your chain of command let you down. You are supposed to talk about "it". Ask any doctor, you are not supposed to hide it from the world. Its your job, its why we were trained. The very fact that you play call of duty tells me you are either 12 years old or very immature. Its not a big deal, dont be so sensitive.

Agreed. Obviously wars are going to happen and people are always going to get killed, but bragging about it over the internet is pretty fucking weird in my opinion. Its not like the other people you killed were evil or bad, just part of a different faction...

I also think the ONLY reason you put it in your sig is try to and put yourself above the grapplers and fighters who post here to try and gain yourself some cred.

I have learn't however not to judge people like that though. I am not from America, but when I visited I found it almost disturbing how much they glorify war. My country it is very different, and you would NEVER have Marines in the ring before a boxing match for example. But I realised that people were actually raised in this way, and it would be stupid to get angry at them.

PS I am not claiming my home country is full of flowers and love, I just like anyone else had gun and army toys as a kid, and still enjoy a good round of COD!

believe me...the people I killed were evil AND bad. As far as gaining credit? I am a certified combatives (hands, knives, guns etc) instructor I am also competing at Mundials next month...are you? Our country was founded on wars. And today it is the most powerful country in the world. Not saying war is good, but you can see how it is an important part of our culture.

yeah, it's fucking lame as shit.

you think killing people makes you better than someone like marcelo garcia? that's just dumb.

grappling is not only about winning or "killing" your opponent. it's about a lot of things.

my brother in law served in the army and he would never brag about how many people he has killed or use it as a way to elevate himself above others.

so are muslim terrorists better because they smoke americans everyday? is osama bin laden better because he masterminded the deaths of hundreds of innocent americans? are the japanese better because they killed and tortured millions of chinese?

get a fucking life and brag about other things like serving your country not about how many bitches you have fucked or dudes you have off'd.

I never said I was better than Marcelo...but I am pretty sure I am better than him and you in alot of things;

* Scout Swimmer
* Applied Explosives
* Dynamic Entry
* Urban Reconnaissance & Surveillance
* Urban Sniper
* Assault Climbers
* Basic/Advanced Coxswain Skills
* Dynamic Assault
* Security Element Training
* Boat Raid
* Helicopter Rope Suspension Training (HRST) Masters
* Long Range (Over-the-Horizon) Maritime Navigation
* Tactical Recovery of Aircraft and/or Personnel (TRAP)
* Non-Lethal Weapons

so yeah I guess I am better than him and just about 99% of the world in some things. By the way, I never said I was better than any one. You just took off on a rant about my sig. And as far as muslims, most muslims are good people. We are not fighting a war against muslims you ignorant bastard. Go read a book or watch the news. And you think they "smoke" us. Guess what genius...people die in war.

So, it is a blue belt in 10th planet no gi jiujitsu? Is he also allowed to wear a blue belt if he ever decides to put on a gi? Which 10th planet location do you guys train at? Is it the main one in LA? I would like to stop by and visit one day when I am in the area again.

Dude.../threadjack-Maybe you should just post once in any thread you don't care for. lol

Congrats on your bro getting to blue! That's something I have yet to do and I've been training for twice as long as him.

Do you plan on following in his footsteps?

I am actually 12 years older than him. I quit training full time but i occasionally compete.

So, it is a blue belt in 10th planet no gi jiujitsu? Is he also allowed to wear a blue belt if he ever decides to put on a gi? Which 10th planet location do you guys train at? Is it the main one in LA? I would like to stop by and visit one day when I am in the area again.

we have 4 10th planet schools in the LA area. The pic you saw was taken at headquarters Legends MMA in hollywood. We train out of Burbank, Van Nuys and Sylmar. I have also trained at Big John McCarthys gym in Valencia. To answer your question, yes you can wear the belt with your gi if u choose to compete in gi.

Do you know if Mayhem Miller is still training at Legends/10th planet currently? And I think I might know the answer but at 10th planet, does anybody put on the gi once in a while or semi-regularly to roll?

believe me...the people I killed were evil AND bad. As far as gaining credit? I am a certified combatives (hands, knives, guns etc) instructor I am also competing at Mundials next month...are you? Our country was founded on wars. And today it is the most powerful country in the world. Not saying war is good, but you can see how it is an important part of our culture.

No, I am not competing at the "Mundials" next month...

And yeah, your glorification of war was what I am talking about, and it seems very weird from my perspective. Like how you boast about the USA being the worlds most powerful country...I just find it strange to boast about such things in contemporary society.

Also I am sure the people you killed were not "evil", especially if you look at it from their prespective. Id be pissed too if foreigners were in my country.

But yeah Il close this post with some wise words:

Allan Goes recent Facebook status "War is a short time solutions 4 a long time problems: peace and love".

Wanderlei Silva: "War in the ring, peace on Earth".

Last edited:
I never said I was better than Marcelo...but I am pretty sure I am better than him and you in alot of things;

* Scout Swimmer
* Applied Explosives
* Dynamic Entry
* Urban Sniper
* Assault Climbers
* Dynamic Assault
* Boat Raid
* Non-Lethal Weapons

so yeah I guess I am better than him and just about 99% of the world in some things. By the way, I never said I was better than any one. You just took off on a rant about my sig. And as far as muslims, most muslims are good people. We are not fighting a war against muslims you ignorant bastard. Go read a book or watch the news. And you think they "smoke" us. Guess what genius...people die in war.

Your sig draws a direct contrast between combat sports accomplishments and how many peoples lives you have ended. Of course you are implying that your kill record or whatever you want to call it is superior since its written in a dismissive manner. Thus you are claiming to be better than combat sports athletes, of which Marcelo Garcia is one.

Your sig draws a direct contrast between combat sports accomplishments and how many peoples lives you have ended. Of course you are implying that your kill record or whatever you want to call it is superior since its written in a dismissive manner. Thus you are claiming to be better than combat sports athletes, of which Marcelo Garcia is one.

Better at certain things. He said that specifically.

I am probably ( I don't recall reading anything in his x-guard intro, but I'll play it safe) a better programmer than Marcelo Garcia.

And I will flat out say I am definitely better at reverse engineering software than he is.

Wow, your grasp of logic is - at best - fucked.

* Scout Swimmer
* Applied Explosives
* Dynamic Entry
* Urban Sniper
* Assault Climbers
* Dynamic Assault
* Boat Raid
* Non-Lethal Weapons

umm, we aren't fighting against muslim terrorists?

you don't even know why you were fighting... that's fucking sad. I guess you do need help.

we have 4 10th planet schools in the LA area. The pic you saw was taken at headquarters Legends MMA in hollywood. We train out of Burbank, Van Nuys and Sylmar. I have also trained at Big John McCarthys gym in Valencia. To answer your question, yes you can wear the belt with your gi if u choose to compete in gi.

Legends MMA is where Eddie Bravo teaches? Does he do all promotions himself? Thats pretty cool if he does.

Back