my boys fight

I never really watched Tony much, that was a good watch. I need to watch more of his inside work, that was great.

It's obvious you're talking out of your ass.

Height doesn't equate to speed. This kid will lose the speed advantage against someone faster, not someone taller.

Now you're saying it wasnt wrong for him to drop his hands in THIS fight, and then are using a half-baked imaginary scenario to still seem correct. This kid fights a particular way, if it works, it works. It's just always funny how people try to find the most obvious perceivable flaw and mention it like they're some kind of tactical genius. Omg his handz r down!!

I'm willing to bet money he's been hearing that for years from people more qualified to tell him so than random forum guy.
boxing doesnt really have a legit ranking system to show whos legit besides being amateur or pro sadly so lots of dip shits try to talk boxing

or if a guy has a certain style they try to correct everyone cause they dont fight their way 100% to me from growing up in a rich boxing city for its size i find it harder to find a good boxing coach than a good kick boxing,mma/bjj coach tbh

here come the trolls, the shining knights of F11
whats your record as a pro or amateur for you to try tot ell good pros they are wrong sinister actually teaches at a high level and you honestly think you know more than him? lol

You're absolutely clueless. Don't go and call a reputable coach from Johnny Tocco's Boxing Gym "ignorant about simple physics" when you obviously don't know much about boxing.

Floyd isn't "framing" (whatever the fuck that means), he IS droping his lead hand because of the characteristics of his style, which is the Michigan Crab. Same thing with Tyson who keeps his hands up because he uses Cus d'Amato's peek-a-boo style. Keeping your hands up or down has nothing to do with whether your opponent is taller or shorter, it depends on the boxing style you use.

"if this guy ever decides to up his league and go against taller guys he will loose his speed advantage because he wont be able to target the head using this stance" WTF is this? Why couldn't shorter fighters jab at their opponents' heads with their hands low? Do you know there's a thing called the up-jab? While the distance the fist has to travel is longer, the fact it comes from a weird angle makes it harder to see.

Here are a few examples of boxers who keep their hands low against much taller opponents which, according to you, is incorrect:

yeah thats just plain ignorance thinking only taller guys can drop their hands theirs another pro at my gym who fights out of philly shell who is short for his weight class and has good success in fights he has the reflexes to pull it off

You're absolutely clueless. Don't go and call a reputable coach from Johnny Tocco's Boxing Gym "ignorant about simple physics" when you obviously don't know much about boxing.

Floyd isn't "framing" (whatever the fuck that means), he IS droping his lead hand because of the characteristics of his style, which is the Michigan Crab. Same thing with Tyson who keeps his hands up because he uses Cus d'Amato's peek-a-boo style. Keeping your hands up or down has nothing to do with whether your opponent is taller or shorter, it depends on the boxing style you use.

"if this guy ever decides to up his league and go against taller guys he will loose his speed advantage because he wont be able to target the head using this stance" WTF is this? Why couldn't shorter fighters jab at their opponents' heads with their hands low? Do you know there's a thing called the up-jab? While the distance the fist has to travel is longer, the fact it comes from a weird angle makes it harder to see.

Here are a few examples of boxers who keep their hands low against much taller opponents which, according to you, is incorrect:

he isn't dropping his hands like the original poster video damn troll

boxing doesnt really have a legit ranking system to show whos legit besides being amateur or pro sadly so lots of dip shits try to talk boxing

or if a guy has a certain style they try to correct everyone cause they dont fight their way 100% to me from growing up in a rich boxing city for its size i find it harder to find a good boxing coach than a good kick boxing,mma/bjj coach tbh

whats your record as a pro or amateur for you to try tot ell good pros they are wrong sinister actually teaches at a high level and you honestly think you know more than him? lol

who is this guy I don't know him

do you really no know what is framing vs dropping hands

the effect I'm talking about comes from torso positioning , taller guys can crunch the torso while punching which makes the limp arm style work for taller guys because of the punch trajectory but shorter guys can't exceed their shoulder line with straight punches like the ones coming from the limp arm style without loosing power hence if they crunch their torso they loose more power than they gain from the ab muscles and gravity so it works for taller vs shorter because the shoulder line of the tall person is at head level of the short person, that's why you won't find any short guys beating taller guys using the limp arm

Last edited:

hint: this effect I'm talking about comes from torso positioning , taller guys can crunch the torso while punching which makes the limp arm style work for taller guys because of the punch trajectory but shorter guys can't exceed their shoulder line with straight punches like the ones coming from the limp arm style without loosing power
i think your profile pic says it all

the effect I'm talking about comes from torso positioning , taller guys can crunch the torso while punching which makes the limp arm style work for taller guys because of the punch trajectory but shorter guys can't exceed their shoulder line with straight punches like the ones coming from the limp arm style without loosing power hence if they crunch their torso they loose more power than they gain from the ab muscles and gravity so it works for taller vs shorter because the shoulder line of the tall person is at head level of the short person, that's why you won't find any short guys beating taller guys using the limp arm

If I'm reading what you're saying correctly and not missing something;
The limp arm is used to set up a power punch. No one is trying to knock anyone out with a limp arm flick jab.... You flick the jab where you want your opponent to drop his guard (should he fall for it) and then you are in perfect position to throw a straight with full rotation of your hips. I'm not sure anyone on the planet advocates a flicked punch with your lead arm as a power punch.
giphy.gif

The limp arm is used to set up a power punch. No one is trying to knock anyone out with a limp arm flick jab.... You flick the jab where you want your opponent to drop his guard (should he fall for it) and then you are in perfect position to throw a straight with full rotation of your hips. I'm not sure anyone on the planet advocates a flicked punch with your lead arm as a power punch.
giphy.gif

Personally i always went for ko with limp arm jab

what? Can you explain that a little more clearly? Or show some evidence to make it easier to grasp?

giphy.gif

didn't say to knock out with the flick jab from the limp arm but the more power you generate the faster the punch in this case which is what ppl argued about

what? Can you explain that a little more clearly? Or show some evidence to make it easier to grasp?

let's say punches are either forward, to the sides and in, upwards or downwards which are the free ranges of motion for the arm , the more muscles and levers you use to bring the punch in one direction the more power you generate , so for forward you can use any muscles and levers to help you reach farther forward and generate more power, there is a limiting case for speed where if you use slower muscles and larger pivoting arms (larger trajectory) you can loose speed, all this movement is coordinated by your brain which manages the kinetic chain in order to not fire muscles which oppose the motion of the body, the torso is just another lever like the waist e.t.c. which is affected by gravity , really hard to explain every detail , I don't think anyone bothers with each individual movement, most coaches recognize a pattern and copy this pattern which is what we humans are really good at

edit: I now remember there is youtube video where a guy compares mma fighters with big bellies , it describes kind of what I say

Last edited:
giphy.gif
too bad hes just online telling pros what they d wrong vs making big money coaching pro boxers eh

didn't say to knock out with the flick jab from the limp arm but the more power you generate the faster the punch in this case which is what ppl argued about

let's say punches are either forward, to the sides and in, upwards or downwards which are the free ranges of motion for the arm , the more muscles and levers you use to bring the punch in one direction the more power you generate , so for forward you can use any muscles and levers to help you reach farther forward and generate more power, there is a limiting case for speed where if you use slower muscles and larger pivoting arms (larger trajectory) you can loose speed, all this movement is coordinated by your brain which manages the kinetic chain in order to not fire muscles which oppose the motion of the body, the torso is just another lever like the waist e.t.c. which is affected by gravity , really hard to explain every detail , I don't think anyone bothers with each individual movement, most coaches recognize a pattern and copy this pattern which is what we humans are really good at

edit: I now remember there is youtube video where a guy compares mma fighters with big bellies , it describes kind of what I say
I’m sorry not trying to be combative but that doesn’t really sound like anything.

Why would punches be sideways. I get what you are saying but it sounds so theoretical that it is losing meaning.
You are focusing so much on the trees that you are losing sight of the forest. And some of things you are saying my sound like they could be debated.
As to shorter guys fighting with a low lead arm. What about Qawi being 5’5 and going all the way up to HW?

Back