My BF% Woes...Share Yours

Mick - When I open my Boxing Promotional Media Company, if you want to put that Law Degree to use, you're so freakin' hired. lol I'll need the help dealing with Corporate pencil-necks who assume because I can talk litigation with them that I'm passive as opposed to aggressive. Having an attourney who probably looks like he would just as soon bash their faces in as negotiate legal terms would do me much favor.

Hooray for intelligent Fighters.

Madmick said:
Pariah, like I said in my first post, this thread begs flaming, so I would be childish to react to your criticism of my initial frustration...but seriously, dude, grow some fucking skin.

You're pissed because I disagreed with you in the pull-up thread and because I teased you (that was all!) for some bad math. You said, "Training is anecdotal!" Yes, but science is analytical; what this means, in the most basic sense, is that it is anecdotal on a large scale. Or, as Kabuki has pointed out in numerous other threads, what works for you (or your friend) doesn't necessarily work for everyone else. Science tests and reports methods for not just one person, but for a group of people, thereby discovering the methods that work for the majority of people and thus are the best advised to your arbitrary athlete. This is how we eclipsed the dark ages and "anecdotal" medicine; or would you prefer that our doctors still bleed people as a panacea, and insist it works (because it was the only thing they could do), noting the few patients who recovered and citing the treatment as the cure- when in fact the patient survived in spite of it...just as Urban wisely pointed out (in a thread where he and I argued, nonetheless) some athletes today succeed in spite of their training.

The thing that really pissed me off is that in your first post, you purport to (a) care about my emotional well-being (when you later posts obviously reflect you despise me), and (b) apply some bullshit Oprah Winfrey pop-psychology psychoanalysis to my post. And perhaps even more infuriating than even those two things is that you've made several hideously ignorant assumptions about me from a single post. Let's cite a few:

#1: Red Bluff is not in southern california. God, how hard would it have been to search my location with google? My hometown has a population of 15,000, the largest high school FFA club in the state, the biggest 3-day rodeo in the world, the highest county teen pregnancy rate in the nation, is 80% Republican, and is primarily an indigent, agricultural community. The differences between where I live and the OC are more profound than the differences between Boston and Savannah.

#2: I graduated from NYU last winter. Thus, I am not a college boy, I am a college graduate.

#3: Yes, my father is an eye surgeon, and my mother is an RN; thus, my parents are upper-middle class; I am fortunate to benefit from their hard work, but their money is their money, and the single digit hourly wage I earn is mine.

#4: I am insecure. Since when is singularly desiring a six-pack enough to constitute a personal framework of insecurity?

#5: That I'm not sleeping with someone right now. On the prowl= want to nail multiple chicks. I'm glad to learn you're such a cassanova, and citing Fedor as your player, well, holy shit, that is totally unfounded. You're telling me a bunch of shit I already know, but your statement that attractiveness has nothing to do with mate value is- and I'm probably going to use this word a great deal in reference to you- ignorant. If you want proof of this (aside from what everyone sees with his own two eyes), read "Jealousy: The Dangerous Passion" by David Buss. In fact, in initially discovering a mate, and even more in determining their flings, women are as superficial as men. Get a fucking clue.

#6: That I'm entering law to manipulate people. I'm entering law because I was an English major and WTF else am I gonna do that will pay over $50,000 a year? So maybe now you assume I'm materialistic. No. It's just that unlike my parents, and a few fortunate people, I haven't discovered a calling. I don't relish the idea of teaching "Pride and Prejudice" every year until I'm 65, and getting shit on while doing it, and a paltry salary. Furthermore, I am not resolute that I will enter law, but it's the course I've decided on now, while I'm trying to figure out my life. Until I do, I would like to live comfortably, and be able to provide my loved ones the security and joy that these creature comforts bring.

Also, and this is tangential, you seem to hate law as much as you hate Southern California; are you some kind of anarchist? Law is the backbone of civilization, dummy, and if you're too lazy to read a book to understand this, save yourself some time and go watch "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance."

If I were to turn your clinically-bereft psychoanalysis on you, I would say that you are a hypocrite. You bash southern california and this stereotyped image of the carefree, pretty rich boy, but often people are bitter and resentful towards those things they desire but do not have. It seems to me you just want to be that pretty, rich boy with a white-collar past and a white-collar future and a hard-bodied bitch, but perhaps you never had that, and have realized you're unwilling to do the work to obtain it, so you cast aspersions on any you suspect of possessing it: so much so that this image haunts you so deeply that you see it where it is not, and make assumptions that have no validity.

And to wind this down, I love it how people too stupid to understand a textbook try to invalidate it. Textbooks are just part of the curriculum that sports trainers undergo. My boss coaches lazy, professional athletes (and olympians, I might add)? So now guys who swim 60 miles a week are lazy? Do you know how stupid you sound? I guess you're one of those guys who blames it all on talent.

Seriously, dude, grow some fucking skin.
Mick.Hello. I want you to know i've enjoyed our exchange. I think perhaps you couldve, you know, made your point in 10,000 or so less words but ya know i'll try to get through it and see if we can come to some amicable resolution as i have much respect for the sherdog forum and perhaps our paths will cross again and maybe our communication between us shall improve.
1)The bigger the reaction(INSECURITY) the deeper the wound.This to me is more evidence that i am correct about you.
2)Couldn't care less about where you live therefore i won't take the time to search it.+1 for you.
3)I learned my pschology literally from reading Warlock comic books. ( Jim Starlin is the artist/writer of
can't remember ever watching a full Oprah show)
4)I am firm believer in rational thought. Ancedotal is not the antithesis of rational thought, in the context of methodology science it is the most inferior, however it can go places where methodology flat out can't go and thus in many cases ancedotal is superior.
5)"College boy" is a term that means you don't know what time it is even though you have gone to college. You breaking down of the phrase while technically correct of course is not accurate because you don't understand how it is used in the context of our culture;another example of your ancedotal blindspot.
6)I already knew you were rich no need to give me the family breakdown and i find the term "upper midddle class"(INSECURITY) amusing. Perhaps our definitions of "rich" are different. I'm sure you saw that term in an economics textbook and said "Yes it must be true! I'm not rich! I'm upper middle class!"
7)Lipposuction is evidence of insecurity because it such an extreme measure to take. Nothng wrong with wanting a six pack as goal. But its how you do something that defines you and here your saying "I'll go to any means necessary to get a sixpack even putting my mortality at risk to give me a look that advertisers have taught me will get me a better piece of ass." Too bad there is no lipposuction for that personality of yours.
8)We could go toe to toe with studies of what women look for in a man and i would even concede that most women would like it if there guy had some abs...but to say thats the deciding variable or such an important variable as to go get lipposucition please...read The Art of Seduction by Robert Greene...or better yet don't cause i'm not gonna read your book...
9)Your analysis of me is amusing...stay off the streets with those analytical skills wouldn't want you to lose your lunch money.
10)I never said professional athletes were lazy, that is somehting your boss said or something like that...i'm not going back to check...
11)Yea I'm for the big laws(like murder) but for the most part there for people in power to keep their power and political weapons. I believe in empowerment from the inside out not the outside in...for you law degree=money=lipposuction=hot chik...which is a paradigm that won't work because by the time you get to the end of the equation (INSECURITY) will stop you. I go directly too the chick;Myself honestly=hot chick.
12) Even your insults Mick, "dummy", "ignorant"(INSECURITY),...they got no flare no style.See how easy was to unnerve you. How much time did you spend on that dissertation? They don't define me but your use of them says alot about you.
13) Yea i took you down a peg on purpose cause 1 the tone of your posts is one of borish intellectual superiority (INSECURITY) and i think anybody that posts something about lipposuction (INSECURITY) on a forum that is about fitness and wellness should be challenged.
Well its getting late and i must say its been fun Mick. And i just want you to know its through the ancedotal experience that gets me the hot chik despite being 20%+ bodyfat and leaves you thinking,"Hmmm, maybe if i get calf implants next time things will be different." Perhaps you could site them some studies that have shown that your the guy they should be with as we our walking out the door. Hopefully you'll recognize your blind spots before you get a nose job or whatever else your INSECURITY tells you to do.

Mick,

are you a PT? Cuz you mention that your boss gave you a fitness evaluation.

anyway I usually score between 5-7 percent via skinfold (Jackson and pollack test sites for males- chest, abdominal thigh) but one time i scored like 11% via a tanita scale but i didn't let it get to me cause i stepped on the scale around mid afternoon which is when my body holds a good amount of water.

all in all
don't worry about numbers and just use the mirror

Madmick said:
I am 6'5", 248 lbs. He measured me with calipers, and my result was just over 10%.

For Christ's sake Madmick...have you ever seen someone that big ripped? 6'5 is pretty damn tall dude, and with 248 at 10 percent body fat, you are in good shape.

Being that big, you should be able to pull in chicks left and right just by establishing alpha dominance. When ever I go out to the bars all I see is tall guys like you :icon_evil

I don't think you can get the body you want unless you focus totally on bodybuilding, which would then make you a traitor :D

I seem to have the opposite problem. I've have been trying to gain weight for about 7 years straight. I am a natural 145 pounder (sucks, doesn't it?). Once I was able to get my diet and routine straight (thanks Sherdog!), I was able to get up to 180, which is were I am at now. But because I have to eat so much damn food at this weight, my body fat stay kind of high. I would probably have to drop to about 170 to have a visible six-pack, but I think the extra 10 pounds are worth it. I can feel a difference while rolling.

Here is a pick of me now (if you are wondering why I took it, its because my gf is in Japan and we send lots of "intimate pictures", if you catch my drift).

Boondocksaint said:
Being that big, you should be able to pull in chicks left and right just by establishing alpha dominance. When ever I go out to the bars all I see is tall guys like you :icon_evil

c'mon you don't have to be in good shape to get bitches- it helps but you don't need to be ripped.

every chance I get I train, but Iknow I don't train as much as I should. Being in the military takes away a lot of my time. Any suggestions??

Boon, we don't need your Calvin Klein-esque intimate pictures around here. lol

King Kabuki said:
Boon, we don't need your Calvin Klein-esque intimate pictures around here. lol

Calvin Klein? I actually though I looked kind of fat in that pic.

the best BF test is in the water

Calvin Klein? I actually though I looked kind of fat in that pic.

I was mostly referring to the low jeans. Fat? Dude you got cuts and...GAH!!! WHY AM I LOOKING?! MINE EYES!!!

King Kabuki said:
I was mostly referring to the low jeans. Fat? Dude you got cuts and...GAH!!! WHY AM I LOOKING?! MINE EYES!!!

I think you are right. That pic is gay, but I promise that I took for my girlfriend, thus making it less gay.

here, I'll ungay this thread by posting a pic of my gf that she sent to me. I would post her face, but if she found out I would be a dead man.

Also, she is an awesome cook.

And that's the chick you had making food for you every morning in JAPAN!?! If we ever meet in person remind me to punch you in the stomach, just because. lol

Man that's like of all people Steven Seagal (or however the Hell you spell his name). I saw a report on him differentiating between his real life and the shit he made up after he became famous. But what IS real is that he did go to Japan and study Aikido. He ended up marrying the daughter of the Instructor and thus, inheriting the gym, becoming one of the only Gaijin Instructors in Japan to begin with. They interviewed the woman for this and she said people showed up to challenge him all the time because he was foreign, and that her mom didn't really like him but he earned his keep. Friends of his Japanese wife said she treated him like GOLD. Like if he was sleeping, she wouldn't let anyone disturb him, and when he had to eat she was like Johnny-on-the-spot with the food. So how does he reward her? He comes back to America and cheats on her, sticking her with his two kids over there (who will probably kick his ass eventually). Way to go ponytail man.

End rant.

I agree, on both counts.

No matter what my stomach usually stays the same. I've weighed as little as 160 lbs. and as much as 205 lbs. at 5'8" tall and my stomach always seems to have the same amount of fat on it. If I'm lifting hard most of the weight collects on my arms, shoulders, back, neck and ass!! At 205 I had an amazing getto booty!!!

Boon, you're a sexy bitch.

Thats me fat and out of shape...and to make matters worse, I just got back from the doctors...and I have ringworm.

Looks like I'll be off the mat for about another week. I'll still be able to hit the gym though...

Back