my audio drama is dead

thanks man

i wish you could have heard it too

interesting thought, i'd say it depends on whether or not i write something else

i'd like to hope that i can bring myself to do it again, but i'm not very good at long term projects, and there's a reason this was the first i brought as far as i did

so, "no" if i use the energy it would have taken to finish this on something else, and "yes" if i never manage to do that

thank you, that's very gracious of you to offer your help

with regard tot he audio, remaining faithful to the source material, there were very many passages in the piece that would have been challenging for even polished, established actors, and were certainly overwhelming for the talent available to us for this budgetarily modest endeavor

that being the case, a significant amount of the editing required copying and pasting different sections from different takes, to point of using multiple components for a single sentence, in order to achieve the desired effect

i've since realized what could have been done differently on the recording side to ameliorate that issue, but it's far too late for that now

i'll tell ya, it was supposed to be special, the first serious writing i was hoping to put my name on, and not being able to has felt pretty awful; but like you and others have said, at least i'll be better equipped in the future

that's true

i think i will do a better job if i give it another shot

i wish i had something to show for this one, but at least i won't repeat my mistakes moving forward

thanks again for the encouragement!

hahaha!

that's great!

oh you KNOW it!

eIOM9Aa_zpsqyurowpn.gif

Not only are you multi-quoting as yourself and regina (@Augustina ), you're using the exact same gifs in her posts and your posts now. Really lazy trolling.

Thoughtful. I see your point.

I'd still go in for it and if she turns then that's that. ;-)
(bearing in mind I never have and probably never will)

kemb.gif

Not only are you multi-quoting as yourself and regina (@Augustina ), you're using the exact same gifs in her posts and your posts now. Really lazy trolling.
Regina is a legit separate woman and I am friends with her and posts like this irritate the shit out of me.

Fucking stop, bud.

Regina is a legit separate woman and I am friends with her and posts like this irritate the shit out of me.

Fucking stop, bud.

There is a regina, I agree, but when the posts start looking the same I cannot help but observe.

There is a regina, I agree, but when the posts start looking the same I cannot help but observe.
I have talked to Regina on the phone and heard her voice. That Regina is the same one that posts here.

As to the radio drama, this was quite the undertaking. I know Klein and gang did serious work on this project and I certainly hope it resurfaces in some form down the line. I really enjoyed what I heard of the project.

Perhaps it will take on a House of Leaves type of cult following and return to great fanfare in 20 years.

Maybe I'm the second coming of El Chapo by posting this gif.. Maybe I just love it... The world may never know.....
ronda-rousey-knock-out-ko.gif

Maybe I'm the second coming of El Chapo by posting this gif.. Maybe I just love it... The world may never know.....
ronda-rousey-knock-out-ko.gif

lol that gif is ALWAYS welcome!

As to the radio drama, this was quite the undertaking. I know Klein and gang did serious work on this project and I certainly hope it resurfaces in some form down the line. I really enjoyed what I heard of the project.

Perhaps it will take on a House of Leaves type of cult following and return to great fanfare in 20 years.

well i can dream!

RHETT! RHETT! RHETT! RHETT!

I have talked to Regina on the phone and heard her voice. That Regina is the same one that posts here.

Fucking stop, bud.

it's not worth it, brother

they love the kool aid and they've drunk too deep

now, for those unfamiliar with this nonsense, i'll address it here and then i'll not speak on it again

there exists within our community an unfriendly element absolutely emotionally committed to the fantasy that i'm some kind of loon, and that The Helmer Friends are all just figments of my imagination

let me just say first that i am HONORED to be considered capable not only of creating such diverse and deeply interesting characters, but also speaking frequently and fluently in all of their distinct and imaginative voices

@alankalter, @Augustina, @Lex Bigelow, @Rhett Henley MD, @Slim Kelly, @Tent Lemon, etc, etc, etc, i'm sorry for forgetting anyone else, are dear friends of mine, and they are fun, talented, complicated people

if i were a good enough writer to just magic that group out of thin air, this thread probably wouldn't exist

and that's to say nothing of the fact that i have offered AT EVERY TURN the opportunity for any tomato can making these ridiculous accusations to put their money where their mouth is

i have literally told them to name their price on a wager in which i would provide irrefutable truth of The Helmer Friends' reality, and no one has ever taken out their wallet

it's a jordan shrug

daugs just want to bark

eIOM9Aa_zpsqyurowpn.gif

Great minds think alike?

eIOM9Aa_zpsqyurowpn.gif

oh 'LEE dat!

eIOM9Aa_zpsqyurowpn.gif

Last edited:
Sounds like the next time you approach a project like this you'll know what to avoid.

You don't get to be a winner without losing. It's the losing that teaches you.

All the best.

If you've got all the actors parts recorded what's the problem? Why can't it be finished just at some slow pace?

"We're Alive" audio drama popped out a 30 minute episode every couple of weeks and that was about the best quality audio drama I've listened to.

House of Leaves is greatness

Helmer and the Beard sounds like a 70's buddy movie.

Damn Helmer that's tough to even read... chin up man. At least you went for it. Respect.

I literally cried myself to sleep while reading this and had a fantastic nap.

I feel ya Helmer... I put 5 years of my life into a business that ended up failing last year. Hope u stay positive man

Back