My ADD Training Log 2015

It's a work in progress. Definitely something I need to work on more, and I'm trying to...

The 1st black belt I rolled with was smaller than me, but also quicker & passing my guard pretty easily. I was doing a good job of getting on my side, creating some distance, going to turtle, creating scrables, etc. But I was defending the entire time.

The next black belt I rolled with is really big - he's about 260 I'm guessing - smashed through my guard to half guard, I worked there for a bit, then he got to side control & just smashed the shit out of me. I was eventually able to create a little space & get to turtle & get my back taken.... so I defended the choke for the rest of the round.

3rd black belt I rolled with was my instructor, he runs about 290 pounds. He pulled guard & was playing a lazy guard, I surprised him by getting 90% past his guard, then got my knee through & he basically let me establish side control. I had him flat on his back, pressuring him in side control & he is literally having a conversation with one of the guys on the side of the mat...at any rate I was working good from side control, then made a mistake when I tried to mount & he got half guard back, then swept me from half. So I worked from bottom half for the remainder of that roll.

That sounds like every BB I've ever played with. The only one I ever felt solid against was my instructor, and then he would remind me I sucked.

3/2/2015

Was in Hawaii last week, and got to take the family. Super cool. I worked, for a few days, then took a few days to vacation a bit. We did several hikes & some nice snorkeling. Good times!

Tonight I went back to BJJ - did a 1 hour class followed by 30 minutes of sparring. Conditioning isn't where it should be, but I blame the Loco Moco's from last week.

3/3/2015

BW: 216.2

BJJ - 1 Hour Gi

Worked on a setup from closed guard to break posture & get in position to triangle or omoplata. Good stuff to review. Then sparred 3x5 minute rounds.

Planning on lifting later today.

You only do GI right now?

3/3/2015

PM Workout

SQUATS
5x45
5x135
5x185
3x185
1x225
5x255
5x295
5x335
10x155
10x155
10x155
10x155
10x155

The 5x335 set was hard. Really close to a 5RM. Followed it up with some BBB squats at about 40% of Training Max. I meant to do abs after...

3/5/2015

THROWING

Stones - 12 lb.
6x toe-boards
6x drop knee throws
6x Standing throws

LWFD
10x Full Throws

Light Hammer
winds
6x Throws

Nice warm day here, 76 degrees, so got some throwing in. I don't think I'm leading with my lower body in stones, really need to focus on this. LWFD were tough, need to continue to work on my footwork & staying balanced here. Don't need distance right now, need quality reps. Hammer was ok, but the blade pulled through my boot again. I think these boots are finally trash.

Didn't you just make new boots?

How long do most peoples last

Didn't you just make new boots?

How long do most peoples last

The blades are just bolted through the sole of the boots, and they pulled through about a month ago, so I just got bigger washers & put them back in the same boots. But the hole is pretty big now so I don't think that's an option anymore. I have other boots on standby, I just need to drill them & move the blades over.

I don't know how long they should last, but this time I'll start with big washers...

I'd get a steel plate cut and then run the washers and bolts. I assume you use carriage bolts on the inside

Yes, using carriage bolts & some 2" washers on the inside & out. ARe talking about a steel plate on the inside of the shoe?

3/6/2015

Bench
10x45
6x95
5x95
5x135
5x135
5x185
5x205
5x235

Press
10x45
10x45
10x65
10x65
10x65
10x65
10x65

DB Rows
12x70
12x80
20x90

Triceps Extension Machine
20x40
12x40
15x40

EZ-Bar Curls
12x60
12x60
12x60

DB Curls
10x25
12x20
15x20

Didn't make it to jiu-jitsu today, but at least I got in the gym. Bench was tough, was feeling some impingement in my right shoulder, but my elbow felt fine. Go figure. Feeling pretty pumped, gonna take the wife out for a good dinner tonight, probably sushi or shabu.

Yes a thin steel plate cut like an insole to distribute the force.

3/7/2015

Bike ride to the beach and then 3 hours of beach volleyball. Absolutely EPIC day at the beach today. Temp was in the low 80's, little wind, ocean looked beautiful. Followed volleyball up with a pulled pork plate and a beer at Aloha Grill.

Great pics from the HG's & very nice overhead pressing!

3/7/2015

Bike ride to the beach and then 3 hours of beach volleyball. Absolutely EPIC day at the beach today. Temp was in the low 80's, little wind, ocean looked beautiful. Followed volleyball up with a pulled pork plate and a beer at Aloha Grill.

Sounds like a great day calvus.

Back