My account has been hacked! Help!

C

Couture=Legend

I'm pretty sure my account has been hacked/tampered with! I am banned and I don't know why but what is messed up is it has a bunch of wrong information in my profile and it says I wrote a bunch of posts that I did not write!

Here's an example -

My Username Is Sarcastic
Randy Couture is a HUGE Traitor. Let me explain why.

This is what the UFC has done for him:
1. Given him a Heavyweight title shot out of retirement after being knocked out cold twice in a row by a Light-Heavyweight- Chuck Liddell. His opponent likely should not have even been in the ring due to injury, and he was chosen because the UFC could market him better than other more deserving fighters. Sylvia was Couture's friend and roomate from training and he turned on that friendship to strike at him when he was injured out of personal gain. Couldn't he stay retired and a Hall of Famer without taking the belt from an injured "friend".This also happened after not fighting in the division for 5 years and losing two in a row to Rodriguez and Barnett when last in it.

2. Given him a broadcast position alongside Rogan and Goldberg which he used as practice in front of the camera to further his profile and acting career. (Stated by the UFC today after he resigned) He mostly made good predictions but was prone to bias like when he said Shamrock could pull out the upset over Oriz at UFC 61- due to his dislike for Tito. He also made references to Chuck's ability to generate power from a frame which is not the best conditioned- a slight against the guy who beat him twice and for which he is bitter.

3. Put all of his young proteges from Team Quest on TUF with no questions asked- even if they were extreme head cases like Chirs Leben. gave him a lead role on TUF 1 and a prominent role on TUF 4. Guest appearences on every season.

4. Glorified his acheivements in marketing campaigns and commercials like "beating 6'10 Sylvia" when he is actually 2 inches shorter. Dedicating entire nights to Couture programming - 'All Couture, All Night" featuring his fights and All Access shows- no other fighter has had a night on Spike TV like that- not even Chuck.

5. Inducted him into the Hall of Fame a mere few months after retirement- the fastest in UFC history, and having the ceremony as a part of TUF 3 finale live broadcast in front of millions of viewers.

All of this being said Couture never beat the top UFC Heavyweights- only an injured Sylvia and an overrated Gonzaga. He never faced Arlovski, Nogueira, Vera or even Cro Cop (though he has slipped lately I will admit) Stating Fedor is the only fight for him is insulting to the rest of the UFC fighters- like those listed here who might have taken his title.

For the record, while a shrewd negotiator at times Titio Ortiz would never have done this as a champion. The UFC needs either Tito, Chuck, or Hughes with Rogan and Goldberg for title fights to add Hall of Fame credentials back to broadcasts. Chuck might be the most obvious and best choice.

THAT IS THE BIGGES PILE OF BS EVER!
My name is NOT sarcastic! I thought there might have been a mix up with accounts but this post is CLEARLY related to my name with the "My Username Is Sarcastic" remark!

How do I get this sorted out? Is emailing a Mod good enough or is there something else better? Can someone please help me!

I also keep going from banned to normal to banned over and over! WTF

if you are able to log into your account, change your email address associated with the account firstly, then change your password, then get a firewall or update your and update your virus scanner and scan all files in your computer. it may also help to log out after you use your computer and do not save your password in your browser because the person doing this may be someone in your house messing with you.

if you are able to log into your account, change your email address associated with the account firstly, then change your password, then get a firewall or update your and update your virus scanner and scan all files in your computer. it may also help to log out after you use your computer and do not save your password in your browser because the person doing this may be someone in your house messing with you.

Well, I'm un-banned...for the moment.

I live alone and have my entire computer password locked inside my bedroom with a key-locked door so it was NOT anyone at my house!

I updated my firewall last week but it says the posts I wrote(even though they are NOT by me) were written in October!

All 55 posts were written in October and were not by me or in my wording/writing style!

I changed a bunch of profile info so hopefully that fixes it but It's been a few days and I have NOT heard back from the support mods:icon_cry2

Oh well. As long as nothing more happens.

change your passwrod, your email address password andyou should be fine. if the 55 posts were that bad, then u should justt edit them to say something reflecting your opinion. if the problem persists. then pm a mod, post in this thread again, or make a new thread.

change your passwrod, your email address password andyou should be fine. if the 55 posts were that bad, then u should justt edit them to say something reflecting your opinion. if the problem persists. then pm a mod, post in this thread again, or make a new thread.

I'll try that, thanks!

I am completely confused!

I went to edit those post...BUT THEY'RE NOT THERTE NOW THAT I'M UN-BANNED!

If I go to the actuall thread, they ARE there but in my profile if I click "View Posts' they don't show up! AND when I go to the actually thread where they were posted, I CAN'T EDIT THEM!

LAME!

Most of the time when I log in I will be un-banned when I go to view my profile but if I make a post or view a thread and go back to my profile...I'M BANNED AGAIN!!!

IDK WTF is going on!:icon_cry2

Change your passwords and move on.
Install free software from the Mayberry sticky thread:

avast! antivirus - high security and protection from malware with anti-spyware and anti-rootkit software built in
http://www.safer-networking.org/
BillP Studios: WinPatrol

There might not be a rational explanation for the post history that any single member or moderator can provide.

Yeah. which sucks!

It just doesn't make sense though!

I have Nortan Anti-Virus (I scan every day), Nortan Firewall(never had ANY problems) and I live alone with my only computer in my bedroom, with a lock that needs a key and the computer is password protected at ALL TIMES!

The password is VERY hard too.I

t's NOT simple like 123456,

It's complicated like(but not actually) HFjcPgR638dHh82h5

It has NO relation to birthdays, names etc. Just random letters and numbers both uppercase and lowercase so I it's the hardest kind anyone could have and it's NOT the same as my Sherdog password(which is equally as difficult) and if I ever leave my house for a long period of time(vaction, weekend at a friends) I use the $400 fingerprint scanner along with the passowrd so there is NO WAY anyone at my house got in and my computer security didn't detect anything so I just can't figure it out!

As you can tell, I am pretty paranoid and keep up with security

Well; move on. If you are doing everything you say you are doing, it won't be a problem.

If you want more peace of mind, try this:

Prevx Downloads

It may pick up something that Norton might have missed. It's also free, so there's no harm in running a scan.

Back