My 3 most anticipated fights of the year so far

My problem with Izzy vs Romero is that the fight is a total mismatch, Izzy is going outstrike romero so bad, romero can't grapple for his life, he might get a takedown, but Izzy will get back up immediately.
Let's not get crazy here.

1. Khabib vs Tony
2. Israel vs Romero
3. FKL vs Oliveira

Khabib vs tony
Dc vs Stipe 3 if it happens
Anything with Connor in it

1. Obviously Tony v. Khabib.
2. Adesanya v. Romero.
3. Conor's next fight, be it Masvidal, Gaethje, Tony, or whatever. Tune up out of the way.

1. Fedor vs Shamrock
2. Rampage vs Liddell
3. Tito vs Sonnen 2

Conor vs tbd
Conor vs tbd
Conor vs tbd

Israel vs Costa Yeah I know he is not fighting costa so I guess Romero vs Adesanya but if Costa vs Israel gets made that is my #1
Tony vs Habibi
tied between Cormier vs Stipe and Ngannou vs Rozen

My problem with Izzy vs Romero is that the fight is a total mismatch, Izzy is going outstrike romero so bad, romero can't grapple for his life, he might get a takedown, but Izzy will get back up immediately.

Romero has a chin unlike Israel previous opponents. And when Romero hits you clean is game over

Fuck these women fights as most anticipated

a good one is fine by me if it happens to be on a card of choice but fuck me if I can't wait to see one coming

For me it's

masvidal vs anyone
Conor vs someone of substance
Korean Zombie vs Holloway or Volk

3- Izzy vs Costa, at some point
2- Khabib vs Tony
1- Winner of Khabib vs Tony vs GSP aka GOAT St-Pimp

Romero has a chin unlike Israel previous opponents. And when Romero hits you clean is game over
he rarely hit clean, not every one has a terrible striking defense like rock hold and weidman...

My problem with Izzy vs Romero is that the fight is a total mismatch, Izzy is going to outstrike romero so bad, romero can't grapple for his life, he might get a takedown, but Izzy will get back up immediately.
I would say Romero has the best boxing of any of Adesanya's opponents, and that will be a factor in the pocket.

I think Adesanya should be a favorite but not by that much.

YES !

woodley, even though his personality is not likable to say the list, is still a SUPER dangerous WW, maybe the only WW with real One punch KO power in the top 10. He will be eager to prove to the world that he deserves a rematch against Usman.

Woodley-KO-big.gif

On the other hand, Edwards is in my opinion the future of this division, the most well rounded WW since GSP, superb jab, precise and crisp striking, beautiful clinch game with vicious elbows, improving wrestling.

AfraidDetailedKangaroo-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif
( love those elbows ... )
giphy.gif

He might not be the most fan friendly fighter in the roster, but he is one the most entertaining fighter to watch for any educated eye, and I am sure you guys are ....

Young lion vs old lion, the winner get every thing and most likely a title shot, the loser however loses a lot and most likely can say goodbye to the championship opportunity ...
Unfortunately Woodley tends to only throw one of those KO punches per round. Up until that moment it's a total snooze fest. If he misses you're in for a boring night as well.

Best we can hope for is Edwards to knock him out with a vicious elbow.
tumblr_meeojfTIFX1qfbfqro1_400.gif

Jabeep v Tony
Izzy vs Yoel/Costa
Conor v Mas

Khabib Tony
Conor's next fight, hopefully against either Masvidal or Gaethje, or hell even Tony if Tony beats Khabib, if he win Tony absolutely deserves a big day plus ppv points on a stacked card fighting Conor
Whoever is next in line for Volk. 145 looks great with Max looking for redemption and a possible match up between Zabit and KZ seemingly lined up at 249.
Reyes Jones would be up there but I have a sinking feeling the fight's going to look something similar to Jones Smith where the Lionheart spent the latter rounds surviving with limited to no offence. I thought Reyes should have lost to Oezdemir so I'm not expecting much but hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

Back